Ferry Boys vs Super Ayr

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame the highlights don't show Hammell lunging in on Moffat, Moffat selling him a dummy and Hammell injuring himself
Thought the wind played a big part, first half we never really settled, Reids error gifted a goal,  got back in to it with our second shot of target. 
Second half we knocked the ball round Stranraer and looked like scoring a few up until Moffat went off. Bellford running about the 18 yard box after the equaliser was always going to come back to haunt him and true enough, he dived over another low effort for Paddys goal.
Stranraer looked a decent side, much like Forfar they looked stuffy in midfield, defensively they were poor, with the wind in the second half and quick movement we caused them a lot of problems, and Bellford waved at all four goals on the way past. They looked decent going forward. 
I wouldn't be surprised if they were top four 

Would love to see the Moffat/Hamill incident - at all possible Wuffster.....

Some truly dreadful officiating for Stranraer's equaliser - blatantly offside.

The second clearly shouldn't have stood either.

Definite foul for Stranraer's second and the equaliser is offside. Bit less concerned after seeing that. The scenes at the end of Boyle's celebration though :lol::lol::lol:

Nothing wrong with Stranraer's second goal apart from weak defending. The third was not off side however there was a little nudge on Higgins, he should've been stronger and played to the whistle though.

When all is said and done, the 2 hardest away games this season will be Raith and Stranraer. Happy enough to come away with 3 points and another 4 goals scored. Defending can be worked on. 

Would seem Raith were struggling to break Forfar down yesterday until they went down to 10 men. A lot to look forward to and a nice wee rest with no game until Arbroath at home next week.

We go again.

Would seem Raith were struggling to break Forfar down yesterday until they went down to 10 men.

Nah, we struggled to break them down when they went down to 10 men. If it had stayed 11 v 11 we'd have won comfortably.

Few things from the game i need to ask about

Cammy Belford, is he just a weapons grade bellend against us? When you pulled it back to 3-3 you would have thought he had won the world cup the way he was running round the pitch.

Were Stranraer happy to play for the draw and waste time by putting 6 ballboys behind the Ayr goal 4 of them standing at the same post whilst having none down either side of the pitch? Cheeky wee b*****ds too when asked to spread out a bit so kids in the crowd could see past them.

£1 for a can of Pepsi poured into a polystyrene cup (after standing in a queue from 2.50 til 3.15 to get it. Even Navid would be embarrassed at that. The length of time it took to get served i think they were re boiling the kettle every time someone wanted a hot drink. 

34 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Good angle. Yes from that shot it does look off side.

Not even close and the lino had a perfect view.

13 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Although beat enjoyed the game and some poor defending by both sides made it exciting.For the second week running Stranraer lose a late first half goal and the game changes.The pairing of Bell and Lang didn't really work,they were so far apart you could have got 3 buses down the middle of our defence and you just cannot defend like that no matter who you play.I think McCall almost blew it by taking Moffat off,we got confidence and they seem to lose theirs,I think he was being too cocky but he got away with it.As for Ayr they remind me of Alloa early last season everything is falling right for them,everything seems to go through Moffat,having seen the two in successive games,I fancy Raith,if Moffat gets injured they could struggle whereas Raith have 4 or 5 class players in attack.Why Okoh started today was a mystery we had 10 men in the first half.

My thoughts exactly , why play Bell in that position with Neill on the bench , we've play several combinations there and Neill and Lang looked the best option for me . The lad Okoh had a nightmare and made no contribution to the game , I think over the season we'll match all teams bar Ayr , Raith and maybe Airdrie so 4th or 5th league finish should be possible . Still think there is something missing in the team ,perhaps we've been spoiled with Stirling and Gibson in the past. Certainly not the nice fluid play of recent years, thumping high balls up the middle to Wallace is a waste of time ,he also looks a cracking player but needs help.

i would also have young Turner in my starting 11 ...... not concerned about our start to the season but we must improve and have the players to do very well this season but we know from passed experience that being down near the bottom of the league brings its own pressures and can affect confidence,I know it's very early in the season but I look at the Queens game as a must win game already. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

9bed4b8808aae1505184808b14f7d941.jpg

Not offside?

Split second out with the photo as the ball has left players foot and players will have moved , I was right in line with it and not offside , ref was equally as bad for both teams , some of his decisions were unbelievable Jeff

Archived