Ferry Boys vs Super Ayr

Moving on now to one of my personal favourite fixtures as an Ayr fan. Last time we met, a certain Andy Graham fired us into the Championship where we were sent straight back down with a whimper.
We seem to be free scoring although we've not really been out of 2nd gear in the league yet. Stranraer's pitch isn't great to play on but we should still have the quality to win the match.
Barring no injuries on Tuesday vs East Stirling I'd line up like this,

Hart

Reid
Rose
Higgins
Boyle

McDaid
Docherty
Geggan
Crawford

Moffat
Moore

Subs: Avci, Ferguson, Faulds, Gilmour, McGuffie, Forrest, Murphy, McCowan
Think we'll set up slightly more cautious with Geggan in midfield as it's an away match and playing Crawford out wide gives him more space to cause problems.

2-0 Ayr

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of 4 cup finals for tiny, wee Stinlar. They will be up for it and we must match that. If we do then we will win this comfortably. 

Stinlar 0-4 Ayr United. Moore hattrick and McDaid with a brace. 

This is a game I would like to see Geggan in the midfield to replace Adams. Not sure who I would have in at right back between Reid and Ferguson. Nice problem to have considering we thought it was going to be Geggan only!

Hart

Reid/Ferguson Rose Higgins Boyle

McDaid Docherty Geggan Crawford 

Moore Moffat 

Subs: Avci, Reid/Ferguson, Gilmour, Faulds, Murphy, McGuffie, Forrest

2-0 Ayr with Moore and Moff on the scoresheet. 

Looking forward to this one and the atmosphere which it brings.The honest men will be favourites after there start to the season and rightly so.The blues have had an okay start to there League campaign and the Manager seems to know his best 11.A very hard game last Saturday and if Ayr finish above Raith in the League they will deserve to win it,one of the best I've seen in this League for a few years and they will hand out a few drubbings at Starks Pk this season I'm sure.As for Ayr they have the obvious good players Geggan,Moffat etc but Stranraer also have good honest players for this Division and certainly Ryan Wallace is due a goal,hopefully Saturday.Very interesting game,let's see if Ayr are the real deal.

Archived