Winning at driving.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/08/2017 at 20:16, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Pear Buyer, that's big talk from a man who drives a Korean built (snigger) car. Can I just say winning at driving and dangerous driving are 2 completely different things.

Incident 3, the ST driver. There is an overtaking lane for a reason and the driver was using it perfectly (and relatively safely), he could've been in a hurry or simply miscalculated the distance to the exit. Your selfish and quite arrogant acceleration tactic could've cause an accident and almost certainly caused inconvenience. Had I have been the driver of the Ford (unlikely as I only buy German built cars) I'd have gestured very firmly at you and flashed my lights, as well as upping my speed to roughly 70mph.

Monday 7th August 2017, im on the A71 returning from the Dalmahoy from my bi-weekly spa treatments. It's roughly a quarter past 5 (1713hrs). It's busy - there's commuter traffic. I approach a red light, the road splits into 2 lanes at the lights. Left hand lane - straight on to Kilmarnock, Shotts, West Calder & Livingston. This lane is full. Right hand land - a right turn only to Kirknewton, east calder, mid calder (as signposted, mid calder is the only credible place of the 3 and the only village of the 3 commuters returning from Edinburgh would realistically be returning home to. Any sensible driver would also proceed straight down the A71 into Livingston town centre if going to Mid Calder and not NOT turning right). I overtake the long queue and enter the right hand lane, semi embarrassed and ashamed that the queue of drivers to my left, and especially the rather attractive lady in the Audi A1 following me since Dalmahoy, may think I live in Kirknewton, or even the cesspit that is East Calder. I'm alone in the right hand lane, side by side with a slightly elderly man driving a German executive car. He almost certainly has an EH54 postcode. The light turns Amber after 7 seconds and I rush off into 0-30 in a whopping 4 seconds. Safely, I drift back into the left hand lane before the road cuts into a single carriage and maintain a safe pace all the way to the town centre cut off. All while avoiding a large queue (and potential 2nd red light) and am no longer stuck behind an auld wummin in a Fiat Stilo driving just under the speed limit. I am winning at driving and glance into my mirror to see the executive driver with a light look on his face as if to say "you fly young man, I bet you've got a big cock".

You on the other hand aren't a driver. You're a nomad. A wanderer. A walker. Face it mate, you belong on public transport (which should all be nationalised)

I perform this exact move several times a week. 

It's glorious.

• 2 weeks later...
Pear Buyer, that's big talk from a man who drives a Korean built (snigger) car. Can I just say winning at driving and dangerous driving are 2 completely different things.

Incident 3, the ST driver. There is an overtaking lane for a reason and the driver was using it perfectly (and relatively safely), he could've been in a hurry or simply miscalculated the distance to the exit. Your selfish and quite arrogant acceleration tactic could've cause an accident and almost certainly caused inconvenience. Had I have been the driver of the Ford (unlikely as I only buy German built cars) I'd have gestured very firmly at you and flashed my lights, as well as upping my speed to roughly 70mph.

Monday 7th August 2017, im on the A71 returning from the Dalmahoy from my bi-weekly spa treatments. It's roughly a quarter past 5 (1713hrs). It's busy - there's commuter traffic. I approach a red light, the road splits into 2 lanes at the lights. Left hand lane - straight on to Kilmarnock, Shotts, West Calder & Livingston. This lane is full. Right hand land - a right turn only to Kirknewton, east calder, mid calder (as signposted, mid calder is the only credible place of the 3 and the only village of the 3 commuters returning from Edinburgh would realistically be returning home to. Any sensible driver would also proceed straight down the A71 into Livingston town centre if going to Mid Calder and not NOT turning right). I overtake the long queue and enter the right hand lane, semi embarrassed and ashamed that the queue of drivers to my left, and especially the rather attractive lady in the Audi A1 following me since Dalmahoy, may think I live in Kirknewton, or even the cesspit that is East Calder. I'm alone in the right hand lane, side by side with a slightly elderly man driving a German executive car. He almost certainly has an EH54 postcode. The light turns Amber after 7 seconds and I rush off into 0-30 in a whopping 4 seconds. Safely, I drift back into the left hand lane before the road cuts into a single carriage and maintain a safe pace all the way to the town centre cut off. All while avoiding a large queue (and potential 2nd red light) and am no longer stuck behind an auld wummin in a Fiat Stilo driving just under the speed limit. I am winning at driving and glance into my mirror to see the executive driver with a light look on his face as if to say "you fly young man, I bet you've got a big cock".

You on the other hand aren't a driver. You're a nomad. A wanderer. A walker. Face it mate, you belong on public transport (which should all be nationalised)

If you're heading along the A71 towards Livingston, wouldn't Kirknewton be accessed through a left hand turn as opposed to a right? Apart from that, good stuff AND. Especially pointing out that East Calder is a tip.

Anyone else read these posts in an Alan Partridge voice??

:lol: My thoughts exactly.

Archived