How many warning points are you allowed before you get banned?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Absolutely.   

On the depression thread talk and chitter chatter is encouraged.   We need to talk about fair and progressive moderation in 2017 and beyond.   We live in a modern, inter-connected world.   Let's all step up to the mic and air our views.   But in a nice way and not mocking Keithgy 10 second driving rule - coz it gets u banned.  

I don't think we're asking for too much here, just a rethink of the way this forum is ran.

9 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

This has been a good thread so far, as a group of regular posters we need to talk about these things.

I'm a strong proponent of establishing moderating consistency for the rare occasions it's required. I'm equally supportive of the premise of your initial complaint, since that fabled term shouldn't be treated the way it is. Your means of going about challenging this though, er, oh dear. And then you throw in everything else, PB aside, it's not a good look.

PS I hope you enjoyed being able to add "proponent" to "veracity" in your word-a-day calendar.

I got a warning for saying it's as bad to call other posters "Autistic" as "Wind**lick**s". Am I bothered? Well yes, but it's only been a few years.

My only ever warning point was because "calling other posters windowlickers is unacceptable" in relation to a meme I posted in a stirling Albion thread. Should've just asked me I could've answered the question for you

Just now, Wilkinson1998 said:

My only ever warning point was because "calling other posters windowlickers is unacceptable" in relation to a meme I posted in a stirling Albion thread. Should've just asked me I could've answered the question for you

It's not easy is it Wilki?  I only got an email saying that @Cardinal Richelieu was trying to create a strong presence as a new mod.

The last warning point I got was for a posting a quote from some racist cretin I worked with in a thread titled 'Idiots you work with'. That was before I became integral to this website and the mods have since backed off. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

The last warning point I got was for a posting a quote from some racist cretin I worked with in a thread titled 'Idiots you work with'. That was before I became integral to this website and the mods have since backed off. 

You went all mild mannered after you received initial warning imo. Just what the mods on here want.

53 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

You've stayed under the firing line being a Dunfermline fan.  It's not easy supporting Hibs on P&B sometimes.

I have 2 warning points, so your theory doesn't hold up

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Yours was a double-dunt though as they were probably both for that amputee-sex-pram idea you decided to share with us... emoji1.png

Actually no. Neither were for that and they were years apart

Archived