"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You get worse.

But it's true. You started having a meltdown over me taking the piss and feigning outrage over Hippo. I've no idea of his racial heritage and don't give a toss.

I had racial abuse directed at me as a kid living in England with a Scottish name and a Scottish family, then when I moved to Scotland with a bit of an English accent. Fortunately for me I was quite the little scrapper so was able to iron out the abuse in no uncertain terms but it left me with a vehement dislike of racism and the casual racist terms we still sadly hear chucked about. 

You've called me various names that require asterisks and I've not bitten but you should wind your neck in and stop spouting garbage. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

But it's true. You started having a meltdown over me taking the piss and feigning outrage over Hippo. I've no idea of his racial heritage and don't give a toss.

I had racial abuse directed at me as a kid living in England with a Scottish name and a Scottish family, then when I moved to Scotland with a bit of an English accent. Fortunately for me I was quite the little scrapper so was able to iron out the abuse in no uncertain terms but it left me with a vehement dislike of racism and the casual racist terms we still sadly hear chucked about. 

You've called me various names that require asterisks and I've not bitten but you should wind your neck in and stop spouting garbage. 

I'm not. Am done with it now as Senor Bairn has told me off. Fair play to him.

This is a football forum and it's back to football for me.

Me and you disagree with your views on racism. We won't ever agree so let's leave it at that.

10 hours ago, bairney said:

A stand named after a player who was cheating on his wife with a club (secretary?) Says it all really!

It was bouncing yesterday watching you lot get pumped.

My Nigerian lawyer says I am due my share of a $37million dollars windfall, if Shandon pays the $2000 "fundings release fee" that will clearly prove he is not a racist.

Shandon, I've PMd my account details and sort code. Thanks.

Grangemouth Bairn, if you want to pay it by means of an apology and save Shandon the money I can PM you too. This would prove you are not a racist too. Win, win.

All this meandering around a random false accusation is deflecting from what we should be talking about. Those poor Falkirk players trapped in the workplace until they've done their punishment exercises. #FreeTheFalkirkBairns

Monday morning, Falkirk HQ training barracks.

Houston, "right lads, first up, I've stopped the video just before the first goal. Would someone like to tell me what the f#%k happened here?"

IMG_1057.jpg

Houston, "anyone ...anyone ...anyone ...Bue--- err, I mean Sibbald?"

Sibbald, "Sorry Gaffer did you want me to Cantona him then?"

Houston, "no Sibbald, he (Higginbotham - as his name is not allowed to be uttered) obviously confused the ref by appealing for a handball at the same time as we did. Why did you all not have your hands up?"

Sibbald, "because you told us the only time we should raise our hands is when we we want to go to the toilet boss?"

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Strong amount of hyperbole there, just because Sibbald looked like a lil bitch time and time again when faced with Williamson doesn't mean he was only 5ft 2, I'm sure he's actually about 5ft 10 inch of pure and utter Luton rejection.

Falkirk fans didn't feel any shame after the Hippolyte drama or the Muirhead? dive in the playoffs, nor do fans feel a burning shame when players steal yards at throw ins, it happens.

The difference in this instance would be that regardless of the actions of Cardle it was still a red card offence against him, whereas with Hippolyte he fabricated a foul out of nothing.

And even if Cardle had rolled and screamed all the way to the Lizzie I'd still be standing smug as can be watching Sibbald run down the tunnel having let his team down, glorious.

Simulation is simulation.....

Shameful coward

I thought yesterday was a good example of what this Pars team is all about. We're not really about long spells of possession without going anywhere. The two centre backs can play a bit, Shiels and Wedderburn ooze calm (especially compared to Cardle and Higgy) and just tidy stuff up. If we can draw teams out, especially on the long pitch at East End, we've a variety of players who can cause damage on the break. 

We had games in league 1 where we won by four or five goals yet were well down on possession. Falkirk's goal came from one of our centre backs fancying about on the ball way up the park, something he'd have been unlikely to try were we not up against 9 men. We also had a good goal (IMO) chopped off. I'm happy for us to be that 'bad' every week.

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I thought yesterday was a good example of what this Pars team is all about. We're not really about long spells of possession without going anywhere. The two centre backs can play a bit, Shiels and Wedderburn ooze calm (especially compared to Cardle and Higgy) and just tidy stuff up. If we can draw teams out, especially on the long pitch at East End, we've a variety of players who can cause damage on the break. 

We had games in league 1 where we won by four or five goals yet were well down on possession. Falkirk's goal came from one of our centre backs fancying about on the ball way up the park, something he'd have been unlikely to try were we not up against 9 men. We also had a good goal (IMO) chopped off. I'm happy for us to be that 'bad' every week.

My exact sentiment. We were poor, but still comfortably beat one of our promotion rivals. 

How good was Joe Cardle yesterday? He's like a new signing. 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

My exact sentiment. We were poor, but still comfortably beat one of our promotion rivals. 

How good was Joe Cardle yesterday? He's like a new signing. 

It was the two standard Cardle contributions. Ghost in to finish in the middle like a centre forward for one goal. For the other he got it on the left, cut in and finished on the right. Makes it looks like a piece of piss. 

Archived