"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Fair play to Falkirk, those are two good red cards. No pathetic shirt tugging, or handbags. Actual lashing out. Credit where credit's due.

Always enjoy listening to club's own brand commentary of defeats too. *Callum Morris mistimes a tackle in midfield* "THAT'S A LEG BREAKER"

I enjoyed the leg breaker line :lol: That said, Morris was lucky to get away with no punishment for it. 

The way we carved Falkirk open with such ease for our opening two goals was delightful. But have to agree with CallumPar above on Houston; very honest interview and he's right to be fuming with Sibbald and Miller. The more you watch them, the more dumbfounding, stupid and inexcusable both of their actions are. It's fine for him to say Falkirk played better with nine men - which they absolutely did - but he's surely got to be asking himself why they didn't get going from the start with 11? Why their defence was so easily cut through?

Is it a case that perhaps things have gone a bit stale between manager and the players? 

First goal. Play to the whistle. Schoolboy stuff. Glad I've now seen it.

Higgy in front of the ref even offers him opportunity to blow for handball.

What's with the 30 second sponsorship ad? Surely you could cut it down to just 5 secs...

"Citrus ...sponsoring lemons since August 19th, 2017"

You kinda have to feel sorry for this Sibbs character. Wasn't deemed good enough for fucking Luton and in his first League game back is chasing shadows for 60 minutes before losing the head completely. 

Yes, should skip the first double training session and be straight down to Dr Melfi's office on Monday morning.

6 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

First goal. Play to the whistle. Schoolboy stuff. Glad I've now seen it.

Higgy in front of the ref even offers him opportunity to blow for handball.

Agree with the play to the whistle, and watching that back it's no surprise that Muirhead was hooked at half time, but the handball was blatant and his arm was outstretched - the camera angle doesn't really capture that.  Second goal looks just onside to me.

Sibbalds was a red card but I genuinely think he was trying to get a player that had just halfed him (should have been a yellow) off of him.  Millers is just pure fucking idiocy.  All that aside, we were thumped by the better team.

I always turn the sound off on these highlights but I assume Wee Sexy Tommy Taiwo's goal was accompanied by a Partridge-style "SHIT!!! DID YOU SEE THAT!!!"

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Proof ? Read the guys posts. Am not melting down.

You deserved to win. Better team. I will never understand your fans mentality but then your fans are your fans.

You need to calm down. 

2 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Decent 3 points. Not to rub it in too much but Falkirk were shocking yesterday. I'm pretty disappointed the pars didn't score more. The whole Falkirk midfield were rank and their defence didn't look like they could match a runner. Houston is pretty raging in the post match interview (below). Also that's the second worst Falkirk support I have seen at eep. I assume it's because most fans seen the result coming?

An obviously angry Houston. I've no idea if he's right or wrong in what he's saying, but there's a real chance he could lose the dressing room with his attitude. 

Seen it happen before, castigating players, threats of playing youngsters, double training sessions. Suppose it's how the players react, but they could easily just switch off and let him take the flack 

An obviously angry Houston. I've no idea if he's right or wrong in what he's saying, but there's a real chance he could lose the dressing room with his attitude. 
Seen it happen before, castigating players, threats of playing youngsters, double training sessions. Suppose it's how the players react, but they could easily just switch off and let him take the flack 

Think the dressing room is already lost.

Archived