"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

....I'd be more ashamed of cardle holding his face 

Not ashamed in the slightest, why would I?
So Pars...whatever happened to Josh Falkingham?...I really rated him.

I liked him allot, he liked to give on that he cared allot for the team and fans will lap it up, was he actually that good? Can't remember mostly tbf, he was part of a midfield that was overran constantly when we finished 7th, due to him being in contract though he played his part in a midfield that finished as champions.

When we were good though and he was giving it yaldy it was great though. Whenever we won he'd make a point of raising a fist to the home fans. You'd love it if he was in your team and playing well.

I'm not old enough to even remember Norrie, but I see fans much younger than myself joining in with it. Absolute roasters.

It's just all round mental, my feelings for the rivalry have waned massively over the past 5 years but I don't think I ever felt that mocking a blokes death was the way to go about it.

Maybe it's because McCathie is a legend within Dunfermline and mocking him gets more reaction, if I start using the death of Gowans as a point scoring excercise though I've probably got it wrong.

Just don't get it.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kiddy said:

How did the game restart?
It was a foul to Falkirk, off a tackle from behind, already acknowledged to be "clumsy".
The referee obviously saw that & that it "endangered the safety" of the recipient.
Otherwise it would have been a drop ball, as there would have been no foul!

Are you genuinely saying any tackle from behind is a straight red per the rules?

No way on this earth was Cardle on Sibbald more than a yellow.

Morris on O'Hara could very easily be a red and a joke that he was let off entirely. Very late and reckless similar to Kerr on Geggan last season.

Completely agree with this. Assuming this was the challenge from Morris very early on? Seem to remember him lunging in around the halfway line. Thought at the time he was very lucky to avoid any punishment.

Was very late and one of those that was probably borderline between yellow and red. I would have said it was 'reckless', which I think is a yellow card these days. However, could understand arguments for a red - I'd certainly be looking for one of it had been the other way around.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not ashamed in the slightest, why would I?

I liked him allot, he liked to give on that he cared allot for the team and fans will lap it up, was he actually that good? Can't remember mostly tbf, he was part of a midfield that was overran constantly when we finished 7th, due to him being in contract though he played his part in a midfield that finished as champions.

When we were good though and he was giving it yaldy it was great though. Whenever we won he'd make a point of raising a fist to the home fans. You'd love it if he was in your team and playing well.

It's just all round mental, my feelings for the rivalry have waned massively over the past 5 years but I don't think I ever felt that mocking a blokes death was the way to go about it.

Maybe it's because McCathie is a legend within Dunfermline and mocking him gets more reaction, if I start using the death of Gowans as a point scoring excercise though I've probably got it wrong.

Just don't get it.

That's exactly it - keep going with the insults until you hit on something that genuinely stings people.  And I generally don't have a problem with that, but mocking the dead, based on their means of death is desperate stuff.

Bill Hicks would of course point out the irony of wearing a crucifix...

6 minutes ago, kiddy said:

How did the game restart?
It was a foul to Falkirk, off a tackle from behind, already acknowledged to be "clumsy".
The referee obviously saw that & that it "endangered the safety" of the recipient.
Otherwise it would have been a drop ball, as there would have been no foul!

You know that it's possible for a player to commit a foul without using excessive force and endangering an opponent's safety, right?

... right?

Are you genuinely saying any tackle from behind is a straight red per the rules?

Well according to you, you can quite happily go out through the back of somebody!

If you tackle from the rear, without "endangering an opponent" there would be, no foul.

Just now, kiddy said:

Well according to you, you can quite happily go out through the back of somebody!

It's not according to him, though. It's according to the laws of the game.

Last I checked, yon Duck wasn't on the IFAB.

Handballs a hard one to call and once the referee has made it a hard one to say he's got wrong. In the 1-1 game last season I thought it was a blatant penalty and a good decision by the ref, I'm sure I remember the Falkirk fans thinking very differently.

I always defined it on the hand being in a "natural position" but then what is a natural position? Can be a weird rule to implement.

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

That's why I quoted them.

Did you even look at the ones you quoted?

They were from 1998, FFS!

I quoted the up-to-date ones in my first response to you!

If you tackle from the rear, without "endangering an opponent" there would be, no foul.

So you can't tackle from behind, commit a foul but not endanger the opponent? I'm pretty sure you see dozens of tackles from behind that clip and ankle, take out a foot or catch someone slightly to put them off balance every week - these are given as fouls so the match restarts with a free kick, but the players aren't sent off. You're making no sense at all.

In general I think the ref let both sides off with a few bad ones at the start (Kerr then Morris) but after that did OK other than not booking Cardle.

Aye that one. It had it all. Excessive force, miles late, from behind and possibly two footed. Silly laddie, but got away with it.

That and the warning Cardle for the third time he caught him timewasting were the two decisions I would dig Beaton up about today. Both pretty inexplicable.

Aside from that, there were 2 big refereeing decisions made that affected the game and cant make a case for them being wrong.

Not really sure about the handball. Was looking for it as soon as it happened but hamdball is such a fucking mess these days that theres really no point even arguing about that one.

Yep. Can't disagree with anything you've said there. Handball would have been very harsh, but I have seen them given. Just bounced up and hit off his arm. It was in no way intentional, but probably gets given 50% of the time. Some go for you, some against.

Thought Beaton was generally poor today. Far too lenient with Cardle, which was strange. But, as you say, he got the 2 big calls correct. At least you're being reasonable, unlike your fellow Falkirk fan, trying to argue that Cardle's challenge on Sibbald was a red.

11 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I don't know where to start with this.  I thought you were either taking the piss or just being overly sensitive after a defeat, but f**k you actually mean this shit.

Perhaps best if we point you towards the dictionary definition of "endangering", step away and hope that you're never called upon for jury service.  "Aye punching someone is illegal and violent therefore he should be done for murder, your honour"

I did think at the first goal that Higgy played hand to ball to control it before the pass through. There was also a rough challenge/elbow on Williamson that he was holding his face then Higgy and kerr went toe to toe with kerr going apeshit about something. Can't remember the challenge from Morris.

1st goal while the ball hits Higginbothams arm I wouldn't have it as a handball, massive thank you to Luton reject Sibbald for bizarrely running away from the ball and then Paul Watson freezing, cheers to Muirhead for playing everyone on.

Second goal is poor from Muirhead playing everyone on, however in the post match interview Houston says he doesn't tell his players to step up, he'd rather they followed the man? Is it Muirhead at fault for following the man or the centre backs at fault for stepping up?

For the Falkirk goal it's pretty dreadful from Morris, good attempt by Gallagher and a worldy finish by Taiwo, finally the last goal Falkirk have committed to many men forward looking for an equaliser, it happens.

Archived