"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

The chopped off "goal" looked fine to me and I was bang in line with it (and sober). Sorry to bang on again about our pitch but what a difference. All three of our goals would have been at the mercy of being scuppered by a dodgy bobble (not a racist euphemism) last season.

Games with two or more sendings off can be a bit strange (I remember 9 man Airdrie grabbing a point against us many moons ago). It changes the mindset of the players so much. We got sloppy and the Falkirk players bust a gut for each other at nine men. 

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk were awful until they got their men sent off and we allowed them back into it for a wee while.

we were so on top at one point in the first half it was a case of how many rather than if we win.   If Smiths shot that hit the post had gone in, 3-0 up, you'd think it would have ended up 4 or 5.  

Slightly annoyed the players started to rip the piss far too early rather than concentrating on extending the lead, but still delighted with the end result.

good start to the season, long may it continue.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

So Pars...whatever happened to Josh Falkingham?...I really rated him.

Never got a contract at the end of the season we won league 1, now pissing about in the nothing leagues down south.

We got rid of him and kept Rhys McCabe...

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

Never got a contract at the end of the season we won league 1, now pissing about in the nothing leagues down south.

We got rid of him and kept Rhys McCabe...

What was the consensus of opinion on that?....I cant remember Rhys McCabe (no offence Rhys) but I do remember Josh.

54 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I am not scoring points.

I am saying we fuckin beat you all. Been a long time ya tinky cuntz. 

Fair past play, but today the day belongs to us ...us being the Pars.

Forget all these pretty b*****ds from the Pars, intellectual fuckers  gobbing off on here, bet most of them don't go to the lengths we did to save our club.

I love the Falkirk more than the gubby fuckers on here who proclaim to have saved their club, f**k off.

Anonymity on social media being the norm. F8ck off if you weren't there ya internet bampots.

Genuinely don't know what you're on about here. Are you having a go at Pars fans? Or Falkirk fans?

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The chopped off "goal" looked fine to me and I was bang in line with it (and sober). Sorry to bang on again about our pitch but what a difference. All three of our goals would have been at the mercy of being scuppered by a dodgy bobble (not a racist euphemism) last season.

Games with two or more sendings off can be a bit strange (I remember 9 man Airdrie grabbing a point against us many moons ago). It changes the mindset of the players so much. We got sloppy and the Falkirk players bust a gut for each other at nine men. 

You sure you haven't remembered that wrong? In season 99/00 we had Coyle and Andy Smith sent off in the first half against Airdrie at East End. It ended 0-0

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Genuinely don't know what you're on about here. Are you having a go at Pars fans? Or Falkirk fans?

You sure you haven't remembered that wrong? In season 99/00 we had Coyle and Andy Smith sent off in the first half against Airdrie at East End. It ended 0-0

I think this was about 1989 or so. 

Today's wee tantrums still don't match up to Peterhead or Forfar's meltdowns in recent years. Don't think any Falkirk coaching staff were led away on a gurney, foaming at the mouth. 

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

I have no problem with that.  There was a bit of the Norrie stuff going on amongst the away fans today, it's just pathetic.

I'm not old enough to even remember Norrie, but I see fans much younger than myself joining in with it. Absolute roasters.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I think this was about 1989 or so. 

Today's wee tantrums still don't match up to Peterhead or Forfar's meltdowns in recent years. Don't think any Falkirk coaching staff were led away on a gurney, foaming at the mouth. 

The difference is the FFC staff are bilin' at our own players, not seething over some real or perceived injustice from the officials/opposition.

By Christ though, Houstie looks haunted in that picture.

4 hours ago, kiddy said:

That was murder.
That it took until the last kick of the ball for them to clinch it, says more about them than us.
We played better with 9 than 11, & you could feel the tensions rise from the home end when Taiwo netted!

You could drive a coach & horse's through our defence at the moment.
Twice, thrice if you count the one off the post, they left a striker with acres of space to finish. Having left Thomson horribly exposed.
That both first half goals came from suspiciously offside positions, doesn't deflect from the rank bad coverage in the middle. This has been prevalent in all of the last 4 games.
How do we expect to win games playing 3 centre halves & 4 defensive mid's? Like for like substitutions are a standard practice & nobody wants to give Gallagher any help!
Thought Sibbald might have been unlucky to be red carded for retaliation, yet Miller's was sheer stupidity. However, that Cardle got through the game without a booking was bamboozling. Constantly kicking the ball away & the challenge on Sibs equally deserving of a red in itself.
Not anywhere near good enough & the pressure is surely building on a manager who seems unable to change tactics or formation to suit the ever changing situations arising in a match.
Oh, & Kerr completes another 90, though he did up his game in that last half hour.
That we never got pumped is about the only saving grace.

QONVIyz.gif

Archived