"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/08/2017 at 21:21, 8MileBU said:

Of all the games I've been to in my life, my favourites for the atmosphere were the Falkirk v Dunfermline games in the mid 90's. Pure hatred and bile on the terraces, blood and snot on the pitch. Also enjoyed watching the transformation of my papa from a quiet, placid old church organist, to a piss-boiling, fifer-hating auld b*****d!

Can feel my underlying, inner-Bairn from my auld papa's blood and genes bubbling up in me for this game. Hope Falkirk go over there and absolutely pump Dunfermline.

IMG_0585.JPG

Well. We played far better with 9 than we did with 10 or 11.

Obviously I didn't see Sibbalds red so can't comment on it but Miller can get fucked. Our most experienced player and he does that when we're already down to 10 men fucking shite. Though f**k knows why he was brought on in the first place.

Fair play to the 9 that were left with the effort they put in that wasn't there before the red cards. But it's not good enough that we need to be 2 men and 2 goals down before we start playing.

Only 2 players that I feel deserve praise for us would be Tom Taiwo and our MoM Kevin O'Hara. Some strike from Taiwo for the goal and yet again despite not being a wide player put in a decent shift, we really needed him in the middle of the park today. O'Hara had an absolutely thankless task playing up front alone with literally no support that second half but he ran his fucking heart out and didn't just give it up. If he gets dropped next week I'll be absolutely fucking seething.

I nearly got my prediction right of us chucking it away. So relieved when that 3rd went in.

To play absolute balls and still end up winning against a supposedly better team is a decent result, regardless of red cards and all the rest of it.

Next.

Not for kicking out or elbowing someone. 2 acts of pure stupidity although I do think Sibbalds was soft.

I do agree with you, but players selling a game like that lies firstly with them

Getting a red card for kicking someone off the ball is soft? Christ.

Is that the kind of 'heads gone' you lot have been taking about this week? If so, fucking fantastic entertainment.

That was like one of our Seaside League games (when we won it, not the season we finished 7th). Plucky team at bottom of the league gets frustrated, gets red cards, has plenty of possession but ultimately has no answer to Joe Cardle. 

Aye but the gloss is probably taken off it by the fact that you conceded a goal to 9 men. Minter.

Not really. I'm quite content with the 3 points.

Oh ya fucker.  Clearly our players thought Beaton had been so garbage in the first half, he wouldn't notice some stupid offences...

Well played Tom Taiwo and Kevin O'Hara.  The rest can f**k off.

Good bridie though.

was big housty pished when he submitted that starting 11?

gaspa and watson cb. jesus christ. :lol:

disgrsceful scenes from sibbald and miller. what a way to chuck any last hope there was.

shoutout wee kev. thought he played no bad.

Lol, GIRFUY

After all the #heidsgone patter, Sibbald, after being rejected by Luton and returning to Falkirk with his tail between his legs, completely losing the heid, kicking out at Super Joe and trudging off while his team were getting bodied by the mighty pars and after being given the runaround by the gorgeous giraffe, was the most #pleasing moment in recent memory.

Now that's out the way, we were great up until they got the 2nd red then we completely switched off, to concede a goal against 9 men is pathetic. 

Regardless, normal order is resumed, Falkirk sent back over the bridge with their tail between their legs.

Smith missed a couple of absolute sitters as well.

Did appreciate AJ bringing Aird on for the lols, he can still f**k off back to his lodge though. He will have to be world-class to get any kind of support from the stands.

Bit gutting for Falkirk, once Hearts, Rangers and Hibs are finally out the way, it was finally supposed to be their year. Now instead of 2nd, they sit 2nd bottom, lol.

ETA - eagerly awaiting these highlights.

What a strange game that was. 2 very straightforward goals (albeit both very tidy finishes) and nearly a third through the chronic lack of pace in that Falkirk backline (you lot weren't kidding) against Falkirk's one dimensional "curl it in behind for Austin to win it or fall over" in the first half, followed by Miller coming on (presumably to play more direct balls) yet it was only when down to 9 that Falkirk played the kind of football you used to always associate with them and got back into it. Quite why we stated trying to take the piss and play balls at crazy angles to try and force a third goal when Williamson and Cardle were always available for an easy out ball is something truly baffling. Both reds looked right to me, and the ref didn't get too much wrong other than a few soft fouls either way and maybe not booking Cardle for timewasting. Hopefully we can keep this starting XI fit and healthy (with the addition of Clark) and if we do we'll be there of thereabouts I reckon. A couple of injuries and it could be touch and go but we should be in the top 4.

Archived