"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

12 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Why not? We had over 2000 there on Boxing day last season after a dismal run 

Boxing day is always a larger than normal crowd due to people being desperate as f**k to get away from their family for a bit.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JFPar said:

A Falkirk fan I work with was telling me that Loy isn't a 100% and hasn't done well since returning. Did he do a full pre-season?

He was linking up really well with Austin in the League Cup ties and started brightly at St Mirren before taking a really nasty thump in the ribs.

Has clearly not been fit since.

Basically AJ has 2 decisions to make for this one - the two strikers. Any two from Smith, Hopkirk, Ryan & McManus could start the match. For me, Smith & Ryan should start but can see good reasons for any of the 4 starting.

We've got options from the bench as well for the first time this season. Should be a cracker.

Looking forward to the game but fear the worst.  Falkirk are a bogey team of ours for the last wee while and I'm not sure that will change on Saturday.

I don't hate them tbh, used to work in Falkirk and have a few Falkirk supporting friends.  I was in Vaduz tho to see you getting melted by that Liechtensteiner team (long story) which was entertainment enough after hearing "Fifer b*****d" chants for the majority of the afternoon. :) 

All in all, I'm glad these games are back at East End, bringing with it a bit of needle and a good busy atmosphere. 

Hope we can win but think this is where reality bites us after a strong start and we might get found out at the back.

Ah f**k it, hope someone plants Hippo and we scud you 4-0.  Won't happen tho... :D 

Had a dream on Tuesday night that this ended 4-2. At 2-2 Falkirk had an indirect free kick in our box and hit the bar. We then went up the park and scored. We were under pressure due to having a man sent off but then in the last minute Joe Cardle (Local Hero) scored our 4th, a tap in.

Archived