"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying not to feel confident for this one, I've seen it all before when we've been expected to win and lose. If we win on Saturday I think it'll be a big indicator on how we'll do this season. No doubt about it, Falkirk are a good team and they'll come good this season, and probably finish higher, but a win against a team like that could be the difference between 4th & 5th come May.

On paper, Falkirk are the second best team in the league. Beating them would be a big boost for our ambition of ending the season in the top four, especially considering how poorly we did against the top three sides last season. 

A draw wouldn't be a disaster but as many people have already pointed out, it's been quite a while since we won this fixture. Plus, Falkirk fans aren't very confident, which is why they're not planning on showing up on Saturday #CravenBairnsofGrangemouth

I'll take a guess at 1,100 away fans based on anecdotal evidence.

your spidey sense might be right 3 of us went to the corresponding fixture last year and won't be at this. spoke to a few others likewise. my oldest now has to pay for a season ticket so I'll need to pick and choose fewer away games this season

We are a better team than the knicker wetters in our support suggest. Aside from being weaker at left back (and one less senior striker on the books), it's the same team as last season - replacing Aird, Baird and McHugh with Harris, Loy and a fit Austin

If Dunfermline can't beat this Falkirk team they'll never get into the playoffs.

Don't think this game will define our season tbh. I'd imagine your draw with Dumbarton would make you relegation certainties?

32 minutes ago, JFPar said:

A Falkirk fan I work with was telling me that Loy isn't a 100% and hasn't done well since returning. Did he do a full pre-season?

How could he do a full pre season?

He didn't sign with us until July. 

I'm hoping to get to the September break relatively fine and spend some time working on the fitness of a few and clearing up injuries.

Archived