Livingston v St Mirren SPFL Championship 19/8/17

On 16/08/2017 at 23:29, djchapsticks said:

Personally, I'd see McShane out the team. He's clearly quite good at what he does but what he does is exactly what McGinn does only he's not doing it as well as McGinn.

If he does stay in the team, for the love of god, get him off set pieces. They're utterly shite.

He can act as a very able deputy to McGinn butnot as a midfield partner. I'd be inclined to give Kirkpartrick a shot in there at a more advanced role until Kyle Magennis is back.

I'm not sure that Jack has enough trust in Kirkpatrick to do the defensive side 

His only start was at firhill where the team as a whole didn't turn up.

All the info I've been reading about  Kirkpatrick suggests that he's a number ten luxury player, who comes on when things are going well and will score the odd Wonder goal.

f**k it give him a start.:P

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Actually we drew against Falkirk in the cup after ninety minutes having scored first if you want to be pedantic.

Yeah and against Partick Thistle, I think we'll have more draws than defeats this season, hopefully a few wins too.

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I'm not sure that Jack has enough trust in Kirkpatrick to do the defensive side 

His only start was at firhill where the team as a whole didn't turn up.

All the info I've been reading about  Kirkpatrick suggests that he's a number ten luxury player, who comes on when things are going well and will score the odd Wonder goal.

f**k it give him a start.:P

Perhaps, but I think he trusts McGinn and McShane can both do it.

But clearly when they do so together it's at the expense of someone who can perhaps unlock a tightly compact side like Livi certainly seem to be.

Magennis is the guy to do that but since he's a few weeks away, we've really nothing to lose in giving Kirkpartick a chance.

God it's really tough this not commenting on officials stuff. 

Saints started well, but lost a goal and man we shouldn't have, and it's a long way back now. 

Been to three league games this season and not seen one finish 11 v 11. 

Modern football is rubbish. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

God it's really tough this not commenting on officials stuff. 

Saints started well, but lost a goal and man we shouldn't have, and it's a long way back now. 

Been to three league games this season and not seen one finish 11 v 11. 

Modern football is rubbish. 

A man you lost that you shouldn't have ? And you are in a good position to call that ? 

It was a straight leg, Carrick has got to the ball first and been floored. 

If the St Mirren player had got to the ball first it would've probably have been the other way around. 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

A man you lost that you shouldn't have ? And you are in a good position to call that ? 

It was a straight leg, Carrick has got to the ball first and been floored. 

If the St Mirren player had got to the ball first it would've probably have been the other way around. 

We are a long way away yes, but seemed that Irvine got the ball first. 

Carrick screaming and rolling round in mock agony didn't help. 

Hope he's not out of the game for too long. 

Archived