Livingston v St Mirren SPFL Championship 19/8/17

Typical Livi v Saints game

Away win, freak goal, controversial moment etc.

Ball just didn't seem to bounce right for us, any shots spilled never landed at our feet. 50/50 balls just never quite broke for us.

Was definitely a red card, not sure what was going on with the Jack Ross incident though, seems like Thomson has forgotten the rules - same as when Carrick was forced off after treatment following the red card, typical Thomson, clueless refereeing.

I like Jacko, but he can be hit and miss. I have seen him play brilliant as a CB but he is more of a wing back - he can be great getting forward but when he is not on his game it can cost us at the back. Same with Gallagher, top quality on his day but we will struggle to do well when he isn't playing well. Both were not great today and it cost us, but after 17 games unbeaten and a tough run of 2 games in a week for the last month you can't be too critical.

Thought Thomson in the middle took some time to settle in the game but was actually one of our best players after we wen 1-0 down.

Didn't see much from Danny, Rafa, or Byrne today which was disappointing and these are core players for us.

For me this played out a bit like the Brechin game, a bit average first half but going in at HT with confidence only to throw away two early second half goals and then play out an incredibly frustrating second half. It is hard watching your team chasing a game and not being able to get decent crosses in and loosing possession cheaply.

Have to say, the number 5 and number 10 for St Mirren were brilliant today, good finishing from Reilly to, despite the poor defending still had plenty to do.

Our next two league games are Morton and Queens - this will give us a better indication of how our season could shape up - need to be beating these two teams to have a chance of mid-table comfort.

Well done St Mirren - I am sure we will repay the favour back in Paisley as is the norm!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived