Livingston v St Mirren SPFL Championship 19/8/17

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That's an unreal stat but 100% correct.

In Paisley - Played six, four Livi wins and two draws.

In Livingston - Played five, five St. Mirren wins.

That's a disgraceful record at Almondvale, at least you managed two draws.

Think St Mirren will win this one. This is the kind of game we need to be winning if we're looking at 8th tbf, that said I think we'll be edged out.

Can you get a pre-match pint at the stadium ?

The Almondvale Suite behind the South Stand should do, I'm sure another Livi fan will confirm if away fans are still permitted. Don't see why it would've changed.

25 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Seemed to have picked up a few injuries recently with Gallagher; Lithgow and Jacobs all doubtful.

Rather worrying at this stage of the season particularly as we only have three CB's

Can see a 2-0 St Mirren win tbh with the injuries we have

37 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Toddy and Brown can play in defence. We really need to be getting another CB signed though, is JGT signed with anyone yet?

Expecting another tough scrappy game where either team could win, wouldn't surprise me if this was another draw.

We need JGT to sign up asap if we're getting him in. All the fans are onboard so it makes sense, down to Hoppy

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 00:31, djchapsticks said:

That's an unreal stat but 100% correct.

In Paisley - Played six, four Livi wins and two draws.

In Livingston - Played five, five St. Mirren wins.

Had to go look in our archives after I saw this, just to be a nosey c**t. :lol: 

We won at home against St Mirren in a challenge cup game in 1995-96 season. http://livingstonfc.co.uk/archive/match-archive/1990-1999/1995-96/

Bloody long time ago, about time we got another home win against you.

I got talking to a Livi fan on the train back from our cup win in '13. He was a decent guy. I'll be honest, I was on top of the world and thought, at that point, it would be a very long time before we were playing each other in league duty again (I wasn't saying that to him; I'm not a dick). Shows how quickly it can all go wrong.

Spoiler

^^^ Cool story, bro.

Last night showed what a decent squad we have, 4 regular first team players not even in the match day squad, 2 sitting on the bench and we still looked every bit as strong. 

The missing link is another CB but I believe we are looking at a lad from Aberdeen on loan, that may be an urgent signing before this game if Lithgow injury is bad. 

If Jacobs is still out I think it's a midfield of Pittman, Thomson and Byrne with Mullin and Longridge either side. 

Mullen and Carrick up top and Gallagher back in alongside Halkett and Lithgow (if fit) if he's not fit it'll likely be Longridge at CB with Cadden coming in. 

Be a tough game and our record as been highlighted isn't great at home to st mirren, if we remain unbeaten by Saturday night I'll be quite happy. 

I can see us continue to struggle on sat as our defence is honking.

McShane and McGinn doesn't seem to be working and we don't look like scoring many. Not a good sign this early in the season, so it's a home win for me. I hope I'm wrong but we are not playing anywhere near like we did at the end of last season.

I'd be more inclined to say home win after the Morton debacle.

Still trying to adapt without Mallan. Sadly the preferred options are to put the ball back to CH and let them fanny around with it, or hoof it, than play a good pass forward.  

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Still trying to adapt without Mallan. Sadly the preferred options are to put the ball back to CH and let them fanny around with it, or hoof it, than play a good pass forward.  

Yeah it seems to be try knock it over the back line and let someone run onto it.  the middle of the park isn't quite working right now

I will forever be unconvinced by 4-4-2, TBH. 

Every now and then it'll work well, such as against Falkirk, and folk will see that as proof that it's the way forward, but I think variations of 4-2-3-1 are still what we ought to be playing. Wonder if Duffy could lead a line in that formation when he's fit enough.

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

Yeah it seems to be try knock it over the back line and let someone run onto it.  the middle of the park isn't quite working right now

That's what we've dealt with especially well, anything that gets punted into the air Gallagher, Lithgow and Halkett win it.

Middle of the park is our strongest point where we fight the hardest and chase every ball

3 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I think the loss of Magennis as well is a major reason our midfield is showing such a lack of creativity.

It was sad to see Mallan go, but I thought having Magennis play in central midfield (his preferred position I believe) would compensate for Mallan's going.

Magennis getting injured in a 'friendly' with a hammer throwing Dundee team could prove to be very costly indeed.

If we can get a midfield of Morgan, Magennis, McGinn and Smith I think it'll turn our performances around.

24 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I think the loss of Magennis as well is a major reason our midfield is showing such a lack of creativity.

It was sad to see Mallan go, but I thought having Magennis play in central midfield (his preferred position I believe) would compensate for Mallan's going.

Magennis getting injured in a 'friendly' with a hammer throwing Dundee team could prove to be very costly indeed.

If we can get a midfield of Morgan, Magennis, McGinn and Smith I think it'll turn our performances around.

Magennis and Harry Davis are a huge miss for us at the moment.

I also liked the look of Hilson before his injury, but we just need to get on with it and hope that McGinn and McShane can forge a decent understanding while Magennis recovers.

Archived