Top of the League Thread

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to a 4 point gap at the top for the mighty Mo. Super second half display yesterday after a pretty abysmal first half.
Huge game coming next weekend away to Peterhead. A win there could see our title hopes back on track

• 2 weeks later...

We're not looking after this thread very well having dominated top spot for quite a while. Suppose it's all a bit of a surprise to us Mo fans really as we aren't used to threads like this.

Never mind, lots of time for the rest of the pack to catch up as there are no easy games for anybody in L2 right now. Peterhead are clearly still a threat but although it appears to be a two horse race points can easily be lost against a still strong Stenny side for instance. The Binos are also well capable of getting points off anybody. Annan are an in and out side but not easily beaten. Elgin are a bit of a bogey side for the Mo,  Berwick like Annan are in and out but clearly capable of getting points off anybody. Clyde are at long last showing form under Danny Lennon and will be under-estimated at your peril. Edin City have been active in the transfer/loan window and are showing signs of improvement. All of which leaves Cowden and even they took a well deserved point from their last visit to Links Park. So, still wide open but if the Mo can continue to grind out points with a tight arsed defence they will be hard to knock off their lofty perch though my guess is it will go right down to the wire.

Credit to Montrose, hoping you can hold out to win the league (feel free to slip up against Clyde though!)

It will be a very exciting end to the season for a lot of teams but just really good seeing  a team up there who usually are a lot lower down the table. Enjoy it & for heavens sake don't throw it away now!

Next instalment is at Galabank on Tuesday night and for once I'll be hoping for a Nanna win. Local game for me but must remember not to sit in the away end of the grandstand.  No offence meant P'Heid fans but sure you understand. Hope a few of you can make it but a helluva trek for a February Tuesday night - respect.

I suppose that now even with 3 points from our nearest Challenger's remaining game in-hand and vastly superior goal difference, this means  that for the first time: no "ifs" no "buts", no "what ifs", the Mo are really Top of the League! 

It's by a very slender margin though so here's hoping the Mo can take some points from their away day to Berwick in what is the last game of the third quarter of matches.

No easy task but looking to the MOmentum of the Petrie Express to keep on rollin' out the results.

https://youtu.be/bc6qFpbAgwM

Nor are Stenny, and we all need to play each other yet so lots of points up for grabs yet - and lots to possibly lose as well. Whoever gets to the wire first will deserve it.

Should be interesting. Bring it on.

Still here but finding it hard to enjoy,  too anxious about any possible dip in form and jinxing us by this type of title talk....

That said, I suspect 20/21 points out of the 30 left would be enough get us over the line, but all 3 challengers to play and 2 of them away from home. Stirling and Stenny are still in it as long as they can avoid any daft defeats - certainly if Albion finish the season how they started they'll be very close.

If the 'unthinkable' does happen, then the benefits of the plastic pitch have to take a share of the credit - no weather related postponements have meant no ugly fixture backlogs that seem to be causing Peterheed such trouble at the moment. As I said elsewhere, there aren't really any free hits in the league this year so can't assume three points most weekends. 

Well done P'Heid. I thought Clyde would take a point off you on a freezing cold night and the thought of a tricky drive back but I'm pleased we've now played the same number of games. Still a long way to go and the game between the Mo and the Blue Toon on 17/March won't decide it either as still 18 points to play for after that and I certainly don't discount the Binos yet, maybe Stenny as well. No easy games left for anybody so whoever comes out top will deserve it and the play-off games will be a bit of a lottery as well.

Look after this thread for now you Blue Toon lads.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived