**** v Hearts

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Rangers should sign a regular goalscorer like Joel Garner, Martyn Waghorn or Barrie McKay

Or that O'Halloran fellow we hear so much about.

39 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I think I speak for rational people everwhere when I say the Catholic Church is a loathsome institution that should be condemned in 21st century society.

Thanks.

That may be the case and I might well agree with you but, this is a match thread and you're having a bit of a mare here. 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

I think I speak for rational people everwhere when I say the Catholic Church is a loathsome institution that should be condemned in 21st century society.

Thanks.

^^^^^ Supports Linfield 

hee hee

12 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

That may be the case and I might well agree with you but, this is a match thread and you're having a bit of a mare here. 

Think you'll find I've been laying the smackdown on this thread, m9.

11 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Letting oneself be spoken for by you would not be a rational course of action

Not if dealing with matters denouncing the Catholic Church, or religion more generally, for that matter. 8)

With hearts getting a point at ibrox this is an improvement on last season plus with hibs going there and winning
Most fans would consider hearts and hibs to be top six teams so where does that leave rangers?
Rangers won 19 of their games last season dropping points in the other 19,so far the results rangers have had suggest that they are in decline 
14 wins would probably keep rangers in the top six.

18 hours ago, Elixir said:

Thanks.

I'm an atheist with both cheeks of the Christian erse in my parents' families. It doesn't mean that Celtic is a 'Catholic' club though, esp in 2017. It was founded by a Catholic for the local poor and not restricted to 'poor Catholics' IIRC. The many poor of Glasgow at that time were mostly 'refugees' from either the Highlands - mostly Presbyterian - or Ireland - mostly Catholic. Most Celtic fans i know are not Catholic and those who were brought up in the faith are no longer practising.

As to Ireland - it's way more progressive than the Six Counties these days. A gay immigrant as premier? Cool - would not happen in England or in the North.

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

It was founded by a Catholic for the local poor and not restricted to 'poor Catholics' IIRC. The many poor of Glasgow at that time were mostly 'refugees' from either the Highlands - mostly Presbyterian - or Ireland - mostly Catholic.

Have heard all this friendly-to-all, liberal, Brother Walfrid crap from Celtic fans so many times.

Most other people in Scotland recognise that you have to subscribe to a fairly well-defined agenda to be welcome at Celtic FC.

Archived