F1 2017

Jamaldo

Anyone know if/how you change the amount of fuel you have for the race? I'm constantly running out of fuel and it's doing my head in.

In strategy at the start on the grid. I usually give myself 3 extra laps so I can go on rich for the first half of the race. You shouldn't be running out if you are running standard engine with the default fuel load though.

Press blue on Xbox/assuming square on PS4.

9 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

In strategy at the start on the grid. I usually give myself 3 extra laps so I can go on rich for the first half of the race. You shouldn't be running out if you are running standard engine with the default fuel load though.

Press blue on Xbox/assuming square on PS4.

Cheers, I'll need to double check but I was sure I tried that.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Automatic. I think it might be because I've got one shot quali on.

Shouldn't be, your fuel for the race is completely different from quali.

When you are on the line at the start are you revving it up right through the 5 red lights or just at the final red before they go out?  Because if you are revving up right through the lights you will probably burn through a lot of fuel just waiting to take off.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Shouldn't be, your fuel for the race is completely different from quali.

When you are on the line at the start are you revving it up right through the 5 red lights or just at the final red before they go out?  Because if you are revving up right through the lights you will probably burn through a lot of fuel just waiting to take off.

It's bizarre, when I go into "CAR SETUP" on the grid then "VIEW CAR SETUP" it shows me everything apart from fuel, brake bias, aero etc, just not fuel.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It's bizarre, when I go into "CAR SETUP" on the grid then "VIEW CAR SETUP" it shows me everything apart from fuel, brake bias, aero etc, just not fuel.

You don't want to go to Car Setup - you want to click on race strategy when you are sitting on the grid.   Blue/X depending on console.

ETA - Tried to find a screenshot but couldn't.  Its the screen where you would decide on pit stops, tyres etc.  Below the 2 pit stop parts you get fuel.  I always push it up from between 1.5-3 laps extra depending on track.  Mostly a full extra 3 laps.  When you are in the screen you will see the graph where your 2nd set of tires end.  The number there is the number of laps you have.  

If you go with +3 laps on race 1 I think it defaults to +3 for lap 2 so make sure you don't end up putting another 3 laps in again or you'll end up well over weight.

Edited by Dindeleux

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first season with Toro Rosso. 61 points scored which flattered me a wee bit as I benefited from some safety cars at times but I'll take it.

My qualifying was absolutely woeful. Only out-qualified Sainz three times in 20 races and got knocked out of Q1 nine times.

There were some fucking hilarious grid penalties near the end of the season. Basically rendered qualifying meaningless as you could start anywhere. Grosjean was on pole in Brazil and it was an all-Williams front row in Abu Dhabi, where it also rained at the start. Mental.

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out I’ve been using my wheel all wrong since I got it.

Moved onto left foot braking after spotting someone doing it on eSports and suddenly I’m about 1/2 a tenth quicker than my already reasonably quick times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided that engine reliability was the first place to look in the R&D grid as my engine parts are taking a lot more wear than they should. I had a blow up with about 9 laps to go in Bahrain, it was probably a blessing in disguise as I was doing absolutely terrible!!

What assists are you using? I am attempting to take Traction Control off fully but have had to stick with it on medium as I just couldn't make the car stop spinning with it off

I decided that engine reliability was the first place to look in the R&D grid as my engine parts are taking a lot more wear than they should. I had a blow up with about 9 laps to go in Bahrain, it was probably a blessing in disguise as I was doing absolutely terrible!!

What assists are you using? I am attempting to take Traction Control off fully but have had to stick with it on medium as I just couldn't make the car stop spinning with it off

I have traction control on full and automatic gears but everything else off.