Non/Low alcohol beers and lagers

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give it a try.

I used to drink Becks in the 80's but they must have changed the brewing process cause the taste changed and it became rank.

They started making it in Britain, originally it was imported.

Showing my age, but does anyone remember this stuff that tasted like diesel?

845d68efb448c72075a91c7d2fdcee10.jpg

And their more recent effort wasn't much better.

435d9d916361a61462dc81dd44491b20.jpg

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

That stuff is utter pish at full strength, never mind reduced. 

Just now, peasy23 said:

Why would you drink 2% beer? I'd rather have one pint of my choice than 3 of them.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Used to be an Australian low or zero alcohol lager under the Swan brand that was drinkable. Cans only. Quick google says they stopped production.

The Aussies rebelled apparently.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0zFWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=IucDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5694%2C1277762

The little bottles of Panache shandy you can get in Asda are quite nice for a low alcohol content, it's under 1% IIRC, and you can pick up ten of the little bottles for about £2.00.

Someone bought me non-alcoholic Heineken by accident a few months ago, had a mouthful and was absolutely rancid.

I just remembered, I got trolled to f**k by the barman at the Cairn Hotel just outside Bathgate a couple of months ago.

I asked if they had any alcoholic beers.

"Hee-haw!" he replied, to which I glumly said I would just have a can of juice.

"No, that's what it's called - Tennent's Hee-Haw".

Got me well and truly. c**t

After years of kicking the arse out if it and a recent health scare I have finally decided to cut down on the bevvy. If I could I would like to chuck it totally.

Has anyone tried any of these non-alcoholic beers or lagers. I was always one of these "don't see the point of them brigade" but after my last visit to the Doc's I'm willing to try them.

I don't think I could sit in the pub all night and drink cola but if any of these were any good I would happily drink them if even pubs stock them.

With the risk of a load of abuse has anyone tried them and if so are any of them any good.

I don't drink them myself but the OH recommends Furstenburg and Brew Dogs Nanny State.

Good advice and the added bonus with smoking is they help you keep the weight off. I stopped smoking about 30 years ago, how much are 20 tabs now about £2.50.

Maybe get a bag of tobacco and add your own herbs from the garden or crush up some strong painkillers you may have at home and bung them in too.

Pound for pound, it's hard to beat a bit of acid. Negligible amount of calories, long lasting, won't hurt your lungs and incredible value.

"Yes sir, what can I get you? Pint of lager, heavy or a bottle of one of our craft beers?"

"Nah mate, I'll have a can of Panache"

"With all due respect sir, get the f**k out of my fucking pub"

Yeah, obviously not in a pub, but for drinking at home they're OK. Just go with a lager shandy in the pub.

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

After years of kicking the arse out if it and a recent health scare I have finally decided to cut down on the bevvy. If I could I would like to chuck it totally.

Has anyone tried any of these non-alcoholic beers or lagers. I was always one of these "don't see the point of them brigade" but after my last visit to the Doc's I'm willing to try them.

I don't think I could sit in the pub all night and drink cola but if any of these were any good I would happily drink them if even pubs stock them.

With the risk of a load of abuse has anyone tried them and if so are any of them any good.

Bitburger do a delicious non alcoholic beer as do most of the Iberian brands.

If low alcohol is an occasional treat, i'd try the Rolling Rock

Archived