Non/Low alcohol beers and lagers

I've now tried Heineken, Bavaria, Innes and None, St Peter's absent, Erdinger and Becks Blue.

Best are Erdinger and Heinekin and worst are Innes and None and St Peter's Absent which are really not nice.

All about taste. St Peters and Innes & None are my favourites.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

WARSTEINER 0.0%

fc198ec76eb9ae49bb21ffc931b7cf9f.jpg

Back to lager. Tastes less metallic than the Becks, less bitter, bit fizzier. It tastes like lager. A fairly blande, tasteless lager, but lager. Less obviously non-alcoholic than the Becks. Tastes like a Bud Light or something of that type. If you like bland lagers you will like this.

5/10

You're going to pish the bed.

INNIS & GUNN - INNIS & NONE

006b94db36131d7e19a74b89b039f2c9.jpg

When you open this one up it actually smells like beer. It's fairly similar to the Brewdog, got a lot of flavour, a bit fruitier though and has a bit more of a finish. This tastes like beer, but weirdly not at all like normal Innis and Gunn. It's the best so far.

8/10

Innis and Gunn and Brewdog well in the lead. Feels weird to have had five beers and not feel any effect of alcohol whatsoever though. That's probably more unsettling than anything else.

15 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Televised football over for a couple of hours so I've moved onto the cricket. New sport, new beer.

NANNY STATE - BREWDOG

8dd9cfd44015d7d6517fa5229f84d72a.jpg

First impression is that it's considerably more bitter than the previous two. Sadly the metallic flavour has returned. The lack of finish which plagued the previous two isn't quite as pronounced though, but it isn't completely absent either. It's got quite a hoppy element, albeit not to the extent you expect with a brewdog beer, but that's to its credit as I find Brewdog over hop their beers. Best so far. However it's also the most expensive one I've purchased, at £1.80 for a single 330ml bottle. Would happily drink again.

7/10

It's .5% alcohol (much higher than most non-alcoholic beers) which might go some way to explaining it being more enjoyable.

Televised football over for a couple of hours so I've moved onto the cricket. New sport, new beer.

NANNY STATE - BREWDOG

8dd9cfd44015d7d6517fa5229f84d72a.jpg

First impression is that it's considerably more bitter than the previous two. Sadly the metallic flavour has returned. The lack of finish which plagued the previous two isn't quite as pronounced though, but it isn't completely absent either. It's got quite a hoppy element, albeit not to the extent you expect with a brewdog beer, but that's to its credit as I find Brewdog over hop their beers. Best so far. However it's also the most expensive one I've purchased, at £1.80 for a single 330ml bottle. Would happily drink again.

7/10

No alcohol beer and cricket?

Sort your life out.

Archived