Sticking up for Scottish Football

The quality of the game in recent years has took a turn for the up and it has f**k all to do with the SFA or the fucking SPFL,

Clubs themselves have got a grip of their finances on their own and we are now reaping the benefits of seeing the quality of player in the league/s because they aren't servicing debts any more. Of course the corrupt associations might try to jump on the honest clubs hard work and try to grab the limelight to themselves by claiming it's because they did something or other to help the game flourish.

The Armageddon these corrupt associations peddled when a certain club was going down the tubes didn't help one iota in their quest to force a new club upon us or it was financial hell if we did not accept it.

The associations fucked a pretty decent SKY deal to go with Setanta for a poxy measly £1 million extra and when Setanta went bust they went back to SKY who then quite rightly fucked the SPL & SFA right over by offering a paltry amount or nothing. This in turn had a dramatic affect on the clubs finances who had already budgeted for a bigger pot of money from sponsors only to see themselves having to cut corners at seeing huge amounts of prize money disappear.

In all honesty all the senior clubs bar one should unite together and tell both the SPFL & SFA to get to f**k and that they were going to form a new independent impartial association/s that will benefit all clubs instead of a few suits in associations who are more concerned on how much extra bonus money they can screw us over for and covering up the biggest corruption event in world football.

It's time to tell them to get to f**k and get the clubs to form a new association that works for the clubs and not the few c***s desperate to keep their jobs.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm another who has a group of mates who are all EPL fanboys who would rather sit in a pub on a Saturday afternoon watching the scores come in rather than go along to a game. I am always raving about Scottish football and just get laughed at and told it's shite. Half full stadiums, Mickey moose teams etc etc. Try and explain that stadiums might not be half full if c***s like them went along and supported their own nation's league. It just gets so frustrating that you eventually just give up trying with them.

One of the most annoying things for me is when some Scottish person asks me who my English team is. Fucking none of them ya p***k

4 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

time was the OF represented between 20%-25% of the attendees at our football. Last season that had risen to over 47% 

Is that 47% genuine or guesswork?

5 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Definitely think so. Doubt the other clubs averages have slipped enough whereas 10-15k to 50-60k at Rangers and Celtic now would make the percentage go up rakes.

Correct but if it's as low as 47% then the media are even more disgraceful than I thought, which actually takes some doing.

Just now, 7-2 said:

Is that 47% genuine or guesswork?

It's based on the total number of fans through the gates in all SPFL games (from EFS, checked against WorldFootball.net & Socccerway) and the total through the gates at Parkhead and Ibrox (also EFS attendances etc)

The earlier figures come from a website whose name I cannot remember (maybe Hibee Jibee will, I'm sure he put me onto it years ago) which gives all the historical attendaces for every season since the year dot.

It's fact based, not guesswork, sadly. Almost half the total fans who watched football last season were at Ibrox & Parkhead is a particularly depressing figure

I'm an English lower league/non league fan by trade but I love Scottish football too due to studying up in Dundee years back.

There's some great stuff going on in Scotland. I rarely watch EPL because it's become Americanised overrated tat. I have no link to any EPL side but still get asked 'Arsenal or Tottenham?'

7 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

It's based on the total number of fans through the gates in all SPFL games (from EFS, checked against WorldFootball.net & Socccerway) and the total through the gates at Parkhead and Ibrox (also EFS attendances etc)

The earlier figures come from a website whose name I cannot remember (maybe Hibee Jibee will, I'm sure he put me onto it years ago) which gives all the historical attendaces for every season since the year dot.

It's fact based, not guesswork, sadly. Almost half the total fans who watched football last season were at Ibrox & Parkhead is a particularly depressing figure

Excellent thanks. What's more depressing is clubs with 47% of the fans getting 95% of the coverage every week. As you say, it's part of the reason for their growth. It's really soul detroying.

45 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Definitely think so. Doubt the other clubs averages have slipped enough whereas 10-15k to 50-60k at Rangers and Celtic now would make the percentage go up rakes.

In the 1940s and 1950s Hearts were regularly the 2nd best supported team in Scotland and occasionally Hibs were ahead of Celtic too. I am being generous suggesting 20-25% for the first 20 years post WW2

However, it was a different time. Rangers played in front of 85,000 one week and maybe 20,000 next home game

The strange thing is that in those 20 years there were 7 different league champions and it was open season for the cups but attendances collapsed, falling by something like 40% between 1955 and 1965.

You're wrong about the 1980s btw. Attendaces at The Rest (excepting Aberdeen & Dundee Utd) were pitiful. The OF(D) were around 30% of the total by then largely because in the mid-80s Rangers began flexing their financial muscle. The average at Ibrox was never 10K, their worst was over 16,000 (their best in that decade was over 39,000) Celtic's worst was over 18,000

In the 1940s and 1950s Hearts were regularly the 2nd best supported team in Scotland and occasionally Hibs were ahead of Celtic too. I am being generous suggesting 20-25% for the first 20 years post WW2

However, it was a different time. Rangers played in front of 85,000 one week and maybe 20,000 next home game

The strange thing is that in those 20 years there were 7 different league champions and it was open season for the cups but attendances collapsed, falling by something like 40% between 1955 and 1965.

Any idea what the cause of the drop was between 55 and 65?

Archived