Words and Phrases for c***s

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loads of stuff I say are on this thread which explains why some folk get so wound up easily to pretty minor things that I say.

I over use phrases like "to be fair", "to be honest" and "in fairness" which annoys me more than anything. (Also say "actually" quite a bit which has just been posted above:ph34r:)

Never heard people calling juice "ginger", is that not just a west coast thing?

Since working in Edinburgh I have started to use the word "shan" which also does my nut in.

Bahookie is a word that irritates me.

An English guy (with accent) at my work tried to insult someone else by calling them a "ball bag" which was shite.

Im getting more irritated the more I think of other pish folk say so I'm going to stop

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Football related...

Pen/Penner for penalty.

Acca.

Both should be punishable by death.

PK is also terrible for penalty.

Acca is bad but not as bad as the penalty ones.

Outside football,

cuck, snowflake, safespace, Fake News, can all get to f**k

10 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Millenials that constantly use "like" with an upward inflection.

eg. I was like (insert inane rambling)

The permissible western society needs reigned in if this is the sort of behaviour it allows to fester. The only cure for these types is to be buried up to their necks on Portobello beach then face decapitation by snow plough. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Calling things artisan.

I am sure there are food producers in Scotland producing truly top class stuff, but this generic shite bread you are serving me in a pub is not it.

About 10 years back I used a guy on a few jobs who described himself as an artisan kitchen fitter. He bought units from Howdens like everyone else and chose some really cheap and nasty worktops. 

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Virtue signalling... It might be what people are doing, but rap that shite patter. All that other faddy internet based shite that appears like manspreading etc is dreadful and I get embarrassed when I hear folk fall into using it.

I'm sure Limmy did a great tweet about that

It's horrible hearing a pundit say "pen" instead of "penalty". The only person that should be allowed to do this is John Hartson and that's just because he can't say the word "penalty".

My most hated phrase of the moment is "game changer", which is creeping into every facet of life at the moment.

Skoosh would be the generic Scots word for anything fizzy for me rather than "ginger", if I didn't just use lemonade, which I would normally tend to do. Think "ginger" is mainly a Glasgow thing. Steps away before a chippie vs chipper or square vs slice sausage type argument erupts.

Chippy.

Square.

Mention of the word "ginger" always reminds me of an occasion when Rangers (pre Sevco)  FC were having a night out in a posh Glasgow hotel to celebrate a cup win. The lads were being served with a melon starter and a waiter asked Barry Ferguson if he would like some ginger with his.

"Naw", says our hero, "I think the boss is going to get us some wine"

Over here in Canada

Get go - f**k off you complete c**t
Soccer - it's football and always will be you p***k
Oh.. your from Scotland?.. I'm 50% Scots...you know the ( insert any name beginning with Mc ) - no your Canadian you f**k nugget...your great great grandad doesn't really count.

Use of the word 'ignorant' as an insult seems almost a guarantee that the user will be an ignoramus themselves.

For example, if you push your way to the front of a queue, demand a service that the establishment cannot provide, then yell obscenities at the people who've had to endure you, you could possibly be considered ignorant. The people laughing at your temper-tantrum, probably not.

I've got a mate who often sighs, shrugs and says oh, the joys.

He's a decent fellah so I'm reluctant to punish him but if he doesn't stop soon I may just have to tip him out of his wheelchair then stomp on his ribcage until his fucking lungs collapse. He'd really have nobody to blame but himself.

Archived