Mid to late 20's existential crisis

Have you experienced this sort of late-20's existential crisis?

You realise that your job/career isn't what you want to do so you pack it in. You're not married. You have no children. Everyone you grew up with has bought houses, cars, is married, has children etc and you still live in your maws house getting your ironing done for you. You have no idea what you want to do career wise.

No? Just me then. :lol:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

You realise that your job/career isn't what you want to do so you pack it in. You're not married. You have no children. Everyone you grew up with has bought houses, cars, is married, has children etc and you still live in your maws house getting your ironing done for you. You have no idea what you want to do career wise.

Bear in mind that your married friends are all jealous. And you've got a few decade related existential crises to go, so don't burn yourself out with this one.

Every. Fucking. Day.
27.5. Single. No kids. Private rent so can't really afford to save if I want to do anything at weekends. 100 miles away from all my family. Not just you mate!

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's a fair point. I'm 27 tomorrow and I'm wondering how that happened. :lol:

Im 30 and a lot of  my oldest friends are getting married, having kids whilst I spend the majority of my days off watching tv series and wanking . The most sensible decision I made was to distance myself from my most my school  mates and become more friendly with reprobates. I dont feel so bad now.

Just now, NorthernJambo said:

Every. Fucking. Day.
27.5. Single. No kids. Private rent so can't really afford to save if I want to do anything at weekends. 100 miles away from all my family. Not just you mate!

You've got us Jambo. No matter how bleak you think the outlook is, there's a bunch of middle aged failures that you can turn to.

26. Single. Exiled in England 170 mile from home. Strolled through graduate years in my profession, now hit a plateau and starting to realise that without a career change I've got at least another 40 years dealing with the same stuff day in day out. 

Biweekly outings to the fitba keep me sane.

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's a fair point. I'm 27 tomorrow and I'm wondering how that happened. :lol:

6 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Every. Fucking. Day.

27 was a fucking horrible age for me. Awful. I know a lot of people that said the same - and not just Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse, actual real life people. 

It passes. And, as all your pals married so young, they'll all be divorced soon so you'll get them all back. Result! 

42 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Mine started at 25.

I went through buying my place, long term partner and a kid.

I still don't know what life is all about.

Im 40 now.

Good luck, you'll need it.

No? Just me then. [emoji38]

I'm 26 and think I'm experiencing something similar. I have absolutely no interest in any job I see advertised as they look boring as f**k and I don't see the point going from one horrible job to another.

I do have my own flat (rented) but the other things you listed apply to me. However, I have no interest in getting married or having kids as that way of life simply wouldn't work for me. So not sure why I'm so fed up really. Have just felt really down the last 2-3 weeks tbh.

But I'll keep trying to figure something out.

Social media creates these perfect lives and expectations, when in reality all your married mates would give their left ball to be living back at home at having their washing done. 

I wouldn't stress too much, I know a guy still living at home at 45. Fucking loser. 

Just now, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Social media creates these perfect lives and expectations, when in reality all your married mates would give their left ball to be living back at home at having their washing done. 

I wouldn't stress too much, I know a guy still living at home at 45. Fucking loser. 

Is that not where people normally live?
Where do you live?

You've got us Jambo. No matter how bleak you think the outlook is, there's a bunch of middle aged failures that you can turn to.

Nicest thing I think I've ever seen you post Sarj*, I'm touched x

26. Single. Exiled in England 170 mile from home. Strolled through graduate years in my profession, now hit a plateau and starting to realise that without a career change I've got at least another 40 years dealing with the same stuff day in day out. 

Biweekly outings to the fitba keep me sane.

Thought you were winning at this who has the shitest life game until you said you get biweekly outings to fitba. All worth it then.

27 was a fucking horrible age for me. Awful. I know a lot of people that said the same - and not just Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse, actual real life people. 

It passes. And, as all your pals married so young, they'll all be divorced soon so you'll get them all back. Result! 

I don't want those fuds back. They'll be bitter and fed up, it won't be the same dynamic if they're stealing my best character traits.

*i seem to get your avatars mixed up. Sorry!

Archived