Colville in the Senior Scottish

Gunner

Bookies had colville at 1/6 for a reason lol. I know a couple of boys that play with shippy a couple have played for my team before. Decent enough players but as a team they won't do anything and will get pumped most weeks. Glorified ammie team along with all the low level junior mobs who wouldn't win their local amateur league.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/08/2017 at 09:59, andy25 said:

Saturday 2nd September .

more out of curiosity than anything else, but why the choice of Benburb given that Colvilles are a Motherwell based side? 

Best of luck in the tie regardless, good for amateur football.

2 hours ago, hammer6 said:

more out of curiosity than anything else, but why the choice of Benburb given that Colvilles are a Motherwell based side? 

Best of luck in the tie regardless, good for amateur football.

I don't doubt that the venue was arranged some time ago but,with Wishaw away to the Gow it looks like the Beltane would have been available on 2nd September.Good playing surface,good facilities,and just doon the road for the Colville lads with the added attraction of a decent local support.

Maybe a thought for the next round. :)

Collville don,t have local players, as Michael casts his nets wide to stay at top of amateur game

37 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

I don't doubt that the venue was arranged some time ago but,with Wishaw away to the Gow it looks like the Beltane would have been available on 2nd September.Good playing surface,good facilities,and just doon the road for the Colville lads with the added attraction of a decent local support.

Maybe a thought for the next round. :)

14 minutes ago, never too old said:

Collville don,t have local players, as Michael casts his nets wide to stay at top of amateur game

Well,since unlike you I haven't had the opportunity to peruse their team sheets, it's just as well I didn't make any reference to local players. However,since Colville (note the spelling) as a club are just a tad closer to Wishaw than to Govan,I think the point stands regarding a bigger support.;)

2 hours ago, tommyboy said:

Well,since unlike you I haven't had the opportunity to peruse their team sheets, it's just as well I didn't make any reference to local players. However,since Colville (note the spelling) as a club are just a tad closer to Wishaw than to Govan,I think the point stands regarding a bigger support.;)

Reign your neck in, it was not a dig at anyone, just saying as I know a lot of the lads. Your point is a valid one if the locals did come out and support them, which is highly unlikely as they did not even have the backing of the country club.  But as I said Tomyboy valid point , well done. :thumsup2

What does the country club have to do with locals? I've been to see them and never set foot in the country club. Had it not been for this forum I wouldn't have known anything about them moving from said country club (and as a local I couldn't care less) ?!

18 minutes ago, TommyMc said:

What does the country club have to do with locals? I've been to see them and never set foot in the country club. Had it not been for this forum I wouldn't have known anything about them moving from said country club (and as a local I couldn't care less) ?!

As a non- local , neither do I ,  just an ignorant weegie . lol:thumsup2

12 minutes ago, TommyMc said:

Yeah,it's hard to see how a split from a country club which didn't back them anyway would play a part in any of the locals' decisions about whether or not to attend matches.

I think it's more likely that the punters would be swayed by the fact that there was the chance of watching a decent game of fitba right on their doorstep,on a top-notch grass surface.

6 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Yeah,it's hard to see how a split from a country club which didn't back them anyway would play a part in any of the locals' decisions about whether or not to attend matches.

I think it's more likely that the punters would be swayed by the fact that there was the chance of watching a decent game of fitba right on their doorstep,on a top-notch grass surface.

Fair play lads, just saying that most of the players are from outside your area, and having coached a junior side with the same problem , there is not a lot of interest from the locals due to there being no local lads playing. Still, good to hear they have your backing , as they do mine for flying the flag for the amateur game.:angel:)

10 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Surely this thread isn't going to become another chance to bash a club? Let's stick to the topic eh? You either wish Colville luck or don't.

All the best to them.

8 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

We play at Benburb because the venue must meet a certain criteria. We prefer playing on Astro, Benburb meets both points 

No chance of me bashing any clubs mate, I know how hard theses guys work.

All the best to Michael and all his lads, enjoy your days , worked too hard not to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived