Colville in the Senior Scottish

Gunner

Mate,  yous done the amatuer game proud , ok yous might upset people that have been defeated convincingly through the times, but that's not your problem, all you can do is the best for your club , to put yourselves in a position to be able to experience what it feels like to play in the biggest cup competition in professional football in Scotland. Is testament to the hard work that you and your players have put in to it . And as you say you will be more than willing to put your support behind any amatuer team that gets that opportunity to do the same. their is teams out their gunning for you,s lol. So you,s better get back on the ball.  Haha.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mick Kennedy
4 minutes ago, The riddler said:

Mate,  yous done the amatuer game proud , ok yous might upset people that have been defeated convincingly through the times, but that's not your problem, all you can do is the best for your club , to put yourselves in a position to be able to experience what it feels like to play in the biggest cup competition in professional football in Scotland. Is testament to the hard work that you and your players have put in to it . And as you say you will be more than willing to put your support behind any amatuer team that gets that opportunity to do the same. their is teams out their gunning for you,s lol. So you,s better get back on the ball.  Haha.

Haha we will be fully focused, let's wait and see where we end up 

Guest Moomintroll
Really ? 
We were 3rd two years on the trot before we won the league u nugget 

Don't want to bite but wow 3rd in the ADL well done there la, try to just be happy that Darvel are doing well recently and stop continually trolling. John is doing a fantastic job helping to fund, and raising the profile of one of Ayrshires least glamorous teams, (and that's saying something) and your constant shite is turning everyone against something that is a genuine triumph given your teams record over the last 30 odd years.

Guest Moomintroll

Congratulations to Colville, fantastic achievement to get so far in the senior cup. Not the ideal result today but nevertheless can be proud of what you have achieved, good luck for the rest of the season.

Well done to all at Colville Park EFC, you done the amateur game proud. Personally I think the management and players will be hurting at the score line, but it was just a level too far. For an amateur team to get to the 2nd round of the Scottish cup is an unbelievable achievement and I doubt it will be matched again . Any other comments are from jealous individuals with absolutely no knowledge of the game. 

I know every decent team, manager and players were rooting for Colville's yesterday..

#1bigamateurfamily..

The last three pages of this are absolutely horrific reading.

It was always going to end at some point for Colville. All these folk with the criticism/jealousy perhaps would have kept their mouths shut if the scoreline stayed below five nil, but that's neither here nor there. Well done to them on getting to the stage that they did.

15 hours ago, Budandavodka said:

The team Michael has built at Colville over the last few seasons is in my opinion a standard that would be competing with the top teams in the Super Premier of Junior, some very disingenuous/jealous folk on here.

Not a fucking hope mate , Colville are obviously a good team but a good amateur team let's leave them to their own level 

they would not win a game in the junior premier league 

we played shortlees in a friendly with a lot of our good players no playing it was 7 going on 12 and shortless had knapp and gold playing before Anyone shoots me down 

and I stated at the time Knapp's performance was probably the best I've ever seen at darvel the boy is brillliant 

and I'm sure the top amateur teams have guys like these that could step up and play in the top junior leagues but as a team over a season even Colville would have no chance in the super premier junior league 

that's my opinion bud and u won't change it 

Not a fucking hope mate , Colville are obviously a good team but a good amateur team let's leave them to their own level 
we played shortlees in a friendly with a lot of our good players no playing it was 7 going on 12 and shortless had knapp and gold playing before Anyone shoots me down 
and I stated at the time Knapp's performance was probably the best I've ever seen at darvel the boy is brillliant 
and I'm sure the top amateur teams have guys like these that could step up and play in the top junior leagues but as a team over a season even Colville would have no chance in the super premier junior league 

You forgot to add an experimental Shorlees team rattled 5 past you as well with 4 players missing who start every week.
Just to clear that up [emoji106]

Will be a good few years then 

That's dependent on the draw isn't it? There is nothing to stop the winners of this season's SAFA Cup emulating Colville Park.

There were teams in the draw this time round that Colville could have realistically pushed to make the next round as well. As it happens Peterhead was, and was always likely to be, a bridge too far.

To be fair to Colville they passed around midfield well and had a few good spells on the ball but didn't have enough at the front or the back (including a surprisingly short back 4) to really compete -  although their number 9 looked OK. Their discipline was fairly poor as well but you do expect a team to come out and try be physical when playing against a team from a higher level. Although we scored 9 I don't remember the Colville keeper actually having to make a save so it was a strange game as when you score that many you would expect to have twice as many decent chances but I am not sure we did and I think we were just extremely clinical for a change. Definitely  a bridge to far for them but credit to their fans for making the trip and to the team for not just chucking it at half time.

On another note it was surreal to see the away team in the bar after the game getting on the lash  - not a sight you see at our level! :lol:

Guest Mick Kennedy
30 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

To be fair to Colville they passed around midfield well and had a few good spells on the ball but didn't have enough at the front or the back (including a surprisingly short back 4) to really compete -  although their number 9 looked OK. Their discipline was fairly poor as well but you do expect a team to come out and try be physical when playing against a team from a higher level. Although we scored 9 I don't remember the Colville keeper actually having to make a save so it was a strange game as when you score that many you would expect to have twice as many decent chances but I am not sure we did and I think we were just extremely clinical for a change. Definitely  a bridge to far for them but credit to their fans for making the trip and to the team for not just chucking it at half time.

On another note it was surreal to see the away team in the bar after the game getting on the lash  - not a sight you see at our level! :lol:

Thank you.

We tried to be confident and keep the ball rather than going up and having 10 men behind the ball. But yous were clinical, errors we get away with at out level were punished.

I would like to take a moment to thank eveyone at Peterhead, everyone including the board, management, players and fans were so welcoming.

You get the feelings it's real community club, so professionally run. I wish them all the best and hope they get promoted.

All about opinions m8, we can agree to disagree on this one. [emoji106]????

Archived