East Fife v Alloa

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done EF much better team and it should have been 2 nil. We were awful mind  you most of that down to you lot being well organised

and our new front line being p*sh , Sorry jim but your signings are not up to scratch , How fleming gets a game beats me the player is gash !

mind you few players get pass marks , Andy Graham does , we need a good striker or we will be at the wrong end of the table all season !...

Well done EF much better team and it should have been 2 nil. We were awful mind  you most of that down to you lot being well organised
and our new front line being p*sh , Sorry jim but your signings are not up to scratch , How fleming gets a game beats me the player is gash !
mind you few players get pass marks , Andy Graham does , we need a good striker or we will be at the wrong end of the table all season !...

Doesn't sound good. I wasn't at the game, and was hoping for some positives in the way we played. Hopefully we can turn things around soon.
Graham has been excellent all the games I've seen him.

18 minutes ago, English Wasp said:

Doesn't sound good. I wasn't at the game, and was hoping for some positives in the way we played. Hopefully we can turn things around soon.
Graham has been excellent all the games I've seen him.

the remaining players from last year are not so bad , meggat does seem ok as is malcolm , renton still an unknown , as for fleming and cook ..not impressed we had better on the bench last season , come back jamie longworth all is forgiven !! even Mccluskey ! I know its early days but the new guys will seriously have to up thier game or we can forget the playoffs ,Too many bad passes and the heads will go down i fear, but as i have said before i hope they prove me wrong, Jim has a task and we will see what he is made of now ,.

As for east fife they are well organised as i would expect from a darren young side. sparky and ben gordon played well for them , they have a few good players otherwise

was impressed by No 19 they may finish in the playoffs if they keep the momentum going , Too early to say though , What a difference a season makes ! we miss waters/kirkpatrick/and spence badly so far.

We put down a marker there against a side who outclassed us last season. In fairness it could have gone either way this afternoon but I thought we shaded it after the break with Aaron Dunsmore putting in a superlative performance on the right side of defence.

If the opening two games are anything to go by SPFL1 is going to one hell of a dogfight this year... 

Thought East Fife just about deserved that victory today . Ryan Goodfellow made two excellent stops early doors apart from that he was never troubled. We look rock solid at the back and going forward we looked pretty decent .My only criticism would be I would like to see us put more pressure on the opposition when we don't have the ball. As Alloa fan said earlier they look toothless up top Fleming and Malcolm never posed us any threat throughout. Our goal looked like a goalkeeper error from where I was sitting thought keeper fumbled and left Hurst with any easy tap in, after great work by Dunsmore. We looked much better in the middle of the park when Kyle Wilkie came of the bench.Hope he gets a good run out on Tuesday so he can get back to match fitness. Can we please work on Ryan Goodfellows kicking as he just doesn't look comfortable at all.

Was hoping to get home today and read that the new strikers were improving  :(

McDonald's looked about as good as anyone, in the little time he's had. Not a great sign.

Really enjoyed that today, thought it was a very even game but I think we did just enough to deserve it!!!

Alloa were the side that impressed me the most last season, their slick passing football deserved better reward than than they got, I personally thought they were a better side than Livingston, and at times today they showed that they still have that football in them, their passing was fluid and quick going from side to side and from back to front as well as it did last term but they really are toothless tigers now, Spence is a w****r, as he showed with his petulance at Bayview last time but by Christ they really miss having somebody like that up front now!!!

Apart from the two excellent saves from Goodfellow in the first half, for all their possession they never really troubled us again when they were around our box, they couldn't produce anything that our defence couldn't handle!!!

We looked good as well, passing the ball around nicely but I thought we looked even better once Wilkie came on, he gives us something that we sorely missed in his absence, surely he must be a starter from now on!!!

I don't like the one man up front thing we're doing at the moment, Duggan is just too isolated, whether it's Hurst or Watson or Willis, he needs somebody playing off him up front, personally I hope it'll be Kevin Smith once he's fit, only then do I think the team will have the outlet and the goals that a lot of our play deserves!!!

Oh, and get this 11 players back defending at corners pish to f**k, make the other sides worry about us, I'm confident enough in our defence being able to defend I just wish the manager was as well!!!

Sorry guys I didn't put the bet on.  At 4.55 yesterday I was looking for a sharp knife.

You don't know how many people you've let down with that statement!!!

And I'm not talking about the bet!!!

Archived