East Fife v Alloa

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get a point at least on the board as games are not getting any easier in the coming weeks with a trip to Arbroath, then the local derby against the Rovers. Have only seen the game v St Johnstone but results suggest we are going to find scoring goals fairly difficult with limited striking options. Of the players still to come back from injury [Smith, Page,Lamont & Kane] Kevin Smith is probably the only one who is likely to go straight in to the team. Pagey would usually walk straight back in but Gordon & Warsonseem to be doing ok in central defence. I would like to see us go with two up front and take a bit of pressure off Chris Duggan especially when we are at home. Still feel we are short of options up front ~ would love to see us bring in Dario Zannata on loan from Hearts. Hopefully we can get a wee bit of luck tomorrow and kickstart our season with a win and 3 points.

Looking forward to this one. With the injury situation beginning to clear up at long last we now have options across the middle of the park. 

With Flanagan, Reilly, Slattery, Willis, Wilkie, Wilson, Hurst and Millar all fully fit we have the makings of a good five man midfield to support the striker...     

You can also I believe add Mark Lamont to that list as well as possibly our new signing (Scott Linton ?) Personally I feel we are short of options up front especially if Chris Duggan picks up an injury or is struggling to hit form. I hope I'm wrong but I can see goals being a struggle.

Playing more attacking formation which we can create upfront and un-isolate Duggan going forward scoring goals or least play attacking football which in midfield you could have Slattery, Millar and Docherty, Wilkie or Linton in there. 

It looks like the team have players that can play in more than one position which is good but short in quality upfront with smith out injured in hoping he comes back to add to duggan, Mutch and hurst learning and just Duggan surely flannigan and Willis/Wilson or whoever would be better in a forward three? Even young Ben on the right attack and flannigan on the left alongside Duggan ; that Reilly loves a cross but if he can get in the team and deliver them in for Duggan it may work with three up there playing that system. I'm no coach or that but worth a try with us being describe as blunt going forward.:rolleyes:

as for Alloa they come to Bayview having nicked a point.

34 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I would like to see Reilly more as he is very quick and offers something different think when he was playing it helped duggan more with his runs to support 

I really don't understand why he never gets a look in tbh even last year but seems to like a cross on him though and he looks quick to get up and down the line, what if he was to play more advanced than wide of midfield stick in a three in forward three alongside Duggan and flannigan it may cause defenders problems going forward after all it's worth a try I suppose if the manager set up like that, with the players we have that can play anywhere even Kane can play centre midfield than right back orbcentre back etc..so lots of options in defence and midfield to play with.

I'm glad to see Wilkie back from injury but how do we fit Wilkie in the Middle like a attacking midfield we had with Robinson or Curran last season do we drop two centre midfielders Pat or Millar that both love a tackle or run about for the 90mins.

Smith does play upfront that's probably everyone's guess that everyone thinks we need and missing from the team but was it Naysmith that put him wide left of midfield not just last year?

48 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

as for Alloa they come to Bayview having nicked a point.

I know its just a wee afterthought in your post but Alloa were ahead last week until the 90th minute. If anything the opposite is true.

Can't see too much changing this week in terms of personnel, probably expecting the same starting lineup. If there's no injuries then I can't see any reason to change it. 

29 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I know its just a wee afterthought in your post but Alloa were ahead last week until the 90th minute. If anything the opposite is true.

Yeah I noticed having watch your highlights you look solid at the back as always if you have a centre defender of experience like big Andy is for you's that's without McKeown and Crawley putting you ahead until then bit unlucky not to win you all three but I wonder how Alloa will do this year without the goal tally of the two who where on fire that left, by bringing in Cook, Renton, Crane (Loan), Malcolm and Fleming because last season you did have a consinsity to win games and finishing second behind Livingston, as for us beating Alloa we came close at home once that was last season but it's been like a hoodoo ever since but saying that new pitch and early season stuff who knows.

Archived