PSJFC v MFC 12.8.17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't at the game. Just wondering why some of our fans are going bonkers about it. I'll watch it myself and make my own opinion.

Tbf I doubt they could see it, there was a line of players between them and the incident.

McHugh's red is about as clear as they get. Already booked and made a ridiculous tackle and was fortunate it wasn't a straight red.

Carson looked definitely outside the box-and I was sitting about as close as you could be without being on the park. Think he panicked as Wotherspoon nipped in and looked clearly outside. His reaction said it all.

Dunne's just wiped out Cummins as he's about to shoot from six yards. Only question was whether he made an attempt to play the ball but he certainly didn't seem to and just played the standing leg.

No way did we justify a 4-1 scoreline but I'll take that all day long. Motherwell imploded at 3-1 and the last two reds summed it up for them.

For all they had more of the ball they didn't threaten nearly enough in the first half.

You'd think it'd be pretty easy to make a decision on the appeal for Carson's tbf. Cameras were at the game, it'll show conclusively whether he was inside or outside the box. It'd be a pretty wild move to spend the cost of an appeal on an incident where there's clear evidence one way or another, it's not really one where there's a lot that's open to interpretation.

Overall though:

giphy.gif

Just witnessed the "fucking" funniest thing I have seen at the football for years, Three well fans obviously raging anyway shouting at one of the old disabled guys who parks out side the ground and he then is peeping his horn at them all the way out, then when I get to the top pf the car park the same three characters are in a white convertible going absolutely rage at the traffic not moving driver's puss beetroot with anger, his mate 20 stone GED standing up in the convertible shouting and swearing at the parking attendant  was "fucking" hilarious at the time anyway.. 

You'd think it'd be pretty easy to make a decision on the appeal for Carson's tbf. Cameras were at the game, it'll show conclusively whether he was inside or outside the box. It'd be a pretty wild move to spend the cost of an appeal on an incident where there's clear evidence one way or another, it's not really one where there's a lot that's open to interpretation.
Overall though:
giphy.gif

You'd think so, basis of it seems to be, judging by comments on Twitter, that the linesman never waved his flag for it..

I thought the handball was definitely outside the box, I was in line with it. But the linesman hadn't flagged which surprised me. The second he seemed to lunge in a bit and caught Easton, and our players' reaction made me think it was bad. The third, Cummins was just about to shoot when clean through and the lad tripped him from behind.

Im delighted to win, to get some goals and go top of the league, but overall we weren't that good today.  This will sound ungrateful, but for long spells we couldn't get a hold of the ball. If the Well keeper hadn't made that daft decision, that game could well have got away from us in the second half.

Im only saying this cos I hope we don't get complacent and believe our own hype, we still need to improve a lot. On the plus side, we were poor at home for a lot of last season and dropped a lot of points, so the 3 points and boost to the GD are very welcome.

The difference MOH makes is massive, if there was any chance of getting it tied up I'd be happy for Saints to pay £100k in January to sign him on a permanent deal. He will have ups and downs but he is our main threat by an absolute mile.

Still want Tommy to play Scougall centrally off Maclean, he could get a hold of the ball and pick some great wee thru passes for Spoony and MOH, and find Maccas feet. He did ok out wide but I think he's got so much more to offer than we're letting him produce currently. And Spoony can play well out wide, and is better defensively.

Unfortunate for Motherwell today, as they weren't that bad. They looked physically stronger than us at times and passed it about well, without threatening too much.

Top of the league!

Absolutely farcical by the sound of things and a disastrous result for us. Again it sounded as though we were well in it but poor finishing and poor defending has cost us yet again. 
It may be early days but I have the fear about this season, there already are shades of 2002/2003 about it. :/

Also your big team lost.

Get it round you c**t.

Funny old game.

Motherwell were ok going forward early on without really threatening but looked really shaky at the back.

We looked good when we did go forward and both goals were decent in the first half.

I don't think Motherwell can complain about any of the red cards - Carson looked well outside the box to me. McHugh could probably have received a straight red for his challenge on Easton and whilst it was soft i think Dunne did catch Cummins and well as the last man denying a very clear opportunity he has to walk.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd think so, basis of it seems to be, judging by comments on Twitter, that the linesman never waved his flag for it..

Agree Random I looked at the linesman when he picked it up, it looked outside to me! linesman did f**k all! if he is out then they should not pay him or something as a punishment because they do nothing to help the ref even when  something happens right in front of them, waste of flag most of them.         

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The third, Cummins was just about to shoot when clean through and the lad tripped him from behind.

That sounds like the most pointless card in the history of football.

Agree Random I looked at the linesman when he picked it up, it looked outside to me! linesman did f**k all! if he is out then they should not pay him or something as a punishment because they do nothing to help the ref even when  something happens right in front of them, waste of flag most of them.         

They communicate through their headset, it's been mentioned before that Thomsons one of the ref who prefers that method.

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

That sounds like the most pointless card in the history of football.

Haha yes!

But to be fair, I actually think Cummins was going to score this time, whereas normally I think no chance when he's through.  He'd taken a good touch and looked composed.. but who knows?  A goal would do him a lot of good.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They communicate through their headset, it's been mentioned before that Thomsons one of the ref who prefers that method.

This is what I wondered, but that's shite. The supporters still should get to know decisions being made by the linesman. He should still have to flag.

Archived