PSJFC v MFC 12.8.17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely farcical by the sound of things and a disastrous result for us. Again it sounded as though we were well in it but poor finishing and poor defending has cost us yet again. 

It may be early days but I have the fear about this season, there already are shades of 2002/2003 about it. :/

6 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Yep, Carson sent off for picking the ball outside of his box, McHugh sent off for a terrible tackle as a second yellow. Dunne sent off for fouling in the box and conceding a penalty

Motherwell FC‏@MotherwellFC 
88' | 3-1 Red card! Cummins appears to trip in the box and the ref sends off Dunne!

I think your twitter was getting a tad emotional by then!

1 minute ago, MikeyWellFan said:

I thankfully wasn't at the game but this sounds like an utter shambles and a complete embarrassment.

That is all.

Look on the bright side Mikey. You didn't lose 2-1 again.

Never a 4-1 game, Motherwell just had a complete shitemare in the second half. Can't complain about any of the reds, Dunnes was just bizarre. 90th minute, 3-1 down, why bother clipping someone's ankles and giving away a penalty? Just seems naive.

MOH is God.

Great result there and 2 very good goals again from O'Halloran. 

Thought all 3 reds were fair if I'm honest. Goalie definitely gathered the ball outside box, the one that was 2 yellows were clear as day and the final one was a clear penalty and goal scoring opportunity. 

didn't think Motherwell were bad - certainly not 3 goals worse with 11 men. 

3 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Press reports saying the handball was inside the box and McHugh's challenge was fair.

I was in line with the 18 yard line and he was a good yard outside the box. McHugh's challenge falls under the dangerous category after a cynical trip on Wotherspoon in the first half. Both were deserved red cards. 

Press reports saying the handball was inside the box and McHugh's challenge was fair.

McHugh launched into the tackle two footed, and was lucky the ball got between him and Eastons leg. Whoevers saying that's a fair tackle can't have actually seen it.

There are going to appeal both Carsons and Dunnes red cards.

WTF? Everyone was saying it was clearly out side the box, and that it was a definite foul?

First one seemed clear enough, the lack of compliant from the keeper probably highlights it. Dunne clearly clipped Cummins for the third aswell, Cummins was six yards out with a free shot at goal, why on earth would be fall?

Seem reactionary from Motherwell, and probably done so they can use the ref as an out.

Archived