PSJFC v MFC 12.8.17

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm hoping it's 4-2-3-1, or that we at least move to that fairly quickly, as that midfield worries me a bit if it's set up in a flat four.

If I'd just seen the team lines I'd assume it was the 4-2-3-1 we've been playing. But if PS1977 is right that its two up front then I'd be a wee bit worried if Well have a decent/ pacey right sided player. 

Asyou say though, there is scope to change it to one upfront and the three behind if it's not working.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'd just seen the team lines I'd assume it was the 4-2-3-1 we've been playing. But if PS1977 is right that its two up front then I'd be a wee bit worried if Well have a decent/ pacey right sided player. 
Asyou say though, there is scope to change it to one upfront and the three behind if it's not working.

I assume they'll play Cadden there, or he'll at least be the most right sided of three in the middle. Him 1v1 with Easton, who's looked very vulnerable this season, isn't a great thing.

I assume they'll play Cadden there, or he'll at least be the most right sided of three in the middle. Him 1v1 with Easton, who's looked very vulnerable this season, isn't a great thing.

From the look of our team line it looks like we could be going with a 442 diamond with McHugh holding and either Cadden or Rose behind Bowman and Fisher.

From the look of our team line it looks like we could be going with a 442 diamond with McHugh holding and either Cadden or Rose behind Bowman and Fisher.

Baws. TW has a fascination with a diamond midfield which never ever works. Can see him trying to match up

Baws. TW has a fascination with a diamond midfield which never ever works. Can see him trying to match up

In fairness I'm only saying that as there's no obvious left-sided midfielder in our XI. Both Tanner and MacLean *could* play there but are on the bench. McHugh, Rose, Bigirimana and Cadden are all more central midfielders, though obviously Cadden's played wide right a lot.

Strange game. Typical St Johnstone game, maybe. Motherwell with all the ball but not actually creating anything, whilst we seem to getting a decent chance every attack. As always, Thomson an abysmal, inconsistent c**t of a ref.

Dunne on Motherwells left has to be careful, twice he's flung an elbow at Scougall, misjudge it and he'll break someones nose.

Strange game. Typical St Johnstone game, maybe. Motherwell with all the ball but not actually creating anything, whilst we seem to getting a decent chance every attack. As always, Thomson an abysmal, inconsistent c**t of a ref.

Dunne on Motherwells left has to be careful, twice he's flung an elbow at Scougall, misjudge it and he'll break someones nose.

Aye Dunne's a dirty b*****d down this side. He's trying to almost be overly physical on Scougall when there's absolutely no need. [emoji23]

2-1 up at HT but we were second best. By a long way.

We've looked dangerous in our rare forays forward, particularly thru MOH.

Spoony and Scougall decent. Paton good at just kicking the ball the way he's facing.

WTF has happened to our full backs??!! Poor again.

Well look incredibly shaky at the back. Everytime O'Hallaron has the ball that right back looks like his legs turn to jelly.

Think we over reacted to Motherwell getting the goal back. O'Hallaron looked good through the middle and it was letting MacLean drop off and play his natural game. Scougall and O'Hallaron have definitely added a bit more threat to this saints side then last season. Great work from Scougall at the first and terrific finish from MacLean. O'Hallaron at the second though....[emoji173] [emoji173]

Archived