PSJFC v MFC 12.8.17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By all accounts we've got a few injury doubts after the Rangers and County games, it'd seem mental to be risking players like Frear and Tanner this early in the season if we're unsure about their fitness tbh.

If we're going with a back 3 and making sure we flood the midfield then Plummer in for Frear at wing-back seems a straightforward swap and either Fisher or MacLean in for Tanner.

Seems quite crass to say it but I wonder if Aberdeen having signed Stevie May will have settled Moult down any given that the past few games he's looked like he's been trying *way* too hard to impress.

Carson
Kipré Heneghan Dunne
Tait Cadden McHugh Bigirimana Plummer
Moult Fisher

A win would be lovely but we all know we'll score first and Saints will win 2-1.

Game will depend on who finishes their chances. From what I've seen of us over two games, we'll create plenty, but also concede plenty.

A lot of folk have looked at us losing 3-0 to Partick and announced we're doomed, despite the fact one was a penalty, one a wonder goal, and the other a late counter as we bombed everyone up the park.

Biggest problem for us is the home support. Most have spent the week demanding we sack the board and half the team, with a certain few claiming they'll stop supporting the club if this a poor performance, a poor start to the game will see the crowd turn towards negativity, and I genuinely believe it affects our team.

It's been fucking ages since we last drew a league game, fwiw.

Think it was the 28th December draw with Rangers, if anyone's interested.

Another keen for Scougall to be central behind Maclean. Spoony on the left of the 3 attacking midfielders, MOH right. Muzz and Millar central, though I get the impression Millar is injured.

Scougall is not a wide player, and isn't strong enough defensively to play there. Centrally, with two good ball winners covering behind him, he can make things happen as he was brought in to do.

Really looking forward to today. Would be great to start with 2 out of 2 in the league. Hopefully we start at a good tempo as Well have had a day less recovery and played extra time up in Dingwall on Wednesday.

O'Halloran Scougall Wotherspoon and Maclean to turn on the razzle dazzle and put on a footballing display the like of which is rarely seen on these shores...

hopefully.

Macca and moh up top

Oh dear. 4-4-2 doesn't suit us, Scougall forced onto a wing doesn't suit us, MOH upfront doesn't suit us.

Oh dear.

I wondered if he'd do this, back to the tried and tested 4-4-2 after Tuesday night. Maclean and MOH both have decent scoring records against Motherwell, so hopefully they get it going.

Does it also mean we'll go Alston Davidson Paton Wotherspoon in midfield?  That would probably be a lot more solid than Scougall out wide, though probably less creative.

I wondered if he'd do this, back to the tried and tested 4-4-2 after Tuesday night. Maclean and MOH both have decent scoring records against Motherwell, so hopefully they get it going.

Does it also mean we'll go Alston Davidson Paton Wotherspoon in midfield?  That would probably be a lot more solid than Scougall out wide, though probably less creative.

Midfield is Wotherspoon, Muzz, Paton and Scougall

Hendry makes the bench

Okay cheers. 

I'm hoping it's 4-2-3-1, or that we at least move to that fairly quickly, as that midfield worries me a bit if it's set up in a flat four.

Archived