PSJFC v MFC 12.8.17

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O'Hallorans a better player than the one who left us, purely in terms of game intelligence, I reckon. The positions he takes up, and runs he makes, are class.

Take a look at @PhilipSpeedie's Tweet:

This guys worth watching, now highlighting a foul on the halfway line, which I don't think was even within two minutes of a goal, as proof the referee cost Motherwell goals.

Carson walked off without any complaint to the referee.  That says to me he knew it was over the line.

I thought we were very poor today.  Across defense, midfield and up front.  Fisher and Bowman just aren't good enough and worrying they both look about as likely to score as Louis Moult at the moment.  Andy Rose was my MotM which tells you everything.

I can remember two half decent shots from us in the match, one from Bigirimana in the first half and one from Cadden in the second half.  Other than that all our possession was turned into was cross catching practice for Mannus.

Our players need to wise up fast - last season was a season of individual errors.  So far, this season has eclipsed it, from open goals missed to Dunne doing a Zak impression to red cards here, there and everywhere to atrocious defending and dodgy goalkeeping. 

There are always a million different ways to look at things 

I was at the game and was perplexed how we were 2-0 down having had most of the possession and looked the better side. The 1st Saints goal looked a bit jammy for me. The second was class from MOH and poor defending from us. 

That said 2-1 down at HT was quite convinced we would get something from the game based on 1st half before we imploded. A red seemed harsh for Carson but why defenders never took charge ! 2nd red probably was a 2nd yellow. The 3rd red laughable 

As soon as I saw Thomson as referee I knew we were fucked today. I don't want to say what I really think of him as it would probably warrant legal action, but my sole wish is he never referees another Motherwell game in his life. Sadly he will and we are as well not going to the game as same outcome every time. 

We did shoot ourselves in the foot today but when 11v 11 we were every bit a match for St Johnstone. Ya Bezzer will focus on the negatives as his patter is the same as Thompson performance - predictable 

Yes Motherwell were better in possession for long spells, but your keepers' bonkers decision not too hoof the ball started the rot, and the silly lunge when on a yellow card finished things off.

Maclean meant his goal, a great piece of improvisation.

Agree about Thomson as ref though, he is dreadful. Last season we were beating Celtic 2-1 and a cross hit Joe Shaughnessy in the stomach, so he gave Celtic a penalty. He's just a completely shite referee.

Thats not what lost the game for Motherwell though. It was a combination of our better finishing on the day, and your players making really bad decisions in the last half hour.

Agree about Thomson as ref though, he is dreadful. Last season we were beating Celtic 2-1 and a cross hit Joe Shaughnessy in the stomach, so he gave Celtic a penalty. He's just a completely shite referee.

It was Watson, and it was his hip. He doesn't seem to understand you have to be certain about decisions which are game defining. It was two minutes after Swanson had been wiped out in the box and he'd denied us a penalty, too.

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Fisher and Bowman just aren't good enough and worrying they both look about as likely to score as Louis Moult at the moment. 

Agree on this tbh. It's the one area that I'm most concerned about. I think Fisher has something to offer as a back up option but we've gone from Moult and McDonald as our front pair to a mis-firing Moult, it's worth remembering that he often struggled without McDonald playing beside him in previous seasons. For all his endeavour it's just not working for Bowman and it's clear that's the case. He just seems like deadweight at the moment.

The positive, such as it is, is that we're seeing goals from other areas of the park which wasn't happening last season. Rose is our 11th different scorer this season already (I think) but any team is going to struggle if its strikers aren't converting chances. We've lost McDonald and neither Bowman or Fisher are close to what he offered us and those around him (moaning and disruptiveness aside). In terms of quality in the attacking third we're still currently looking at a net loss.

We will play better & lose this season.

Well will be OK but not trouble top 6

I don't think we'll trouble the top three, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs all look pretty impressive. Not convinced we're any worse than Hearts though, we were 2-1 and pretty comfortable even before the red cards started.

A good start was going to be key, I think we're a way to achieving that. If you can pick up five or six wins from the opening ten games you should be in a battle for the top half.

I don't think we'll trouble the top three, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs all look pretty impressive. Not convinced we're any worse than Hearts though, we were 2-1 and pretty comfortable even before the red cards started.

A good start was going to be key, I think we're a way to achieving that. If you can pick up five or six wins from the opening ten games you should be in a battle for the top half.

Think top 6 might be decided already, hope we can put some room between us & Hearts before they play a home game.

Think top 6 might be decided already, hope we can put some room between us & Hearts before they play a home game.

Nah, still to early for that, a lot of teams seem to have rebuilt their teams (Motherwell, Rangers, Dundee, Killie) so will take a few months to get going. That why I reckon a good start is key, of we can get a solid gap over other teams we should be able to maintain even through the slump we'll inevitably hit at some point.

Whilst everyone is sharing screenshots from today's game why has nobody captured this beauty? Best. Header. Ever.

Screenshot_20170812-230029_resized.thumb.png.98ffa9272a67f45e315064ec461e4098.png

Paul Paton committing a foul whilst in that same position is the best ever, in a friendly too [emoji23]

Michael O'Halloran doesn't get enough credit for how good a footballer he actually is.  People think he's just pace, but his close control and strength when running with the ball flat out are absolutely top drawer. Seriously, how many players in this league can do it as well as him?
He's also an excellent finisher.
If we can get well organised, keep the ball better and be a bit more solid defensively, a player like him will be the difference between draws and nicking three points, as he's already shown, and should keep our title dreams alive at places like darkest Dingwall on a December day night.

Calm doon mate

Must be tough being a St Johnstone fan. You get handed an overwhelmingly easy victory against a shite Well team but still have to argue over clear cut decisions. Have a laugh, you pumped us without playing well at all, if shoe was on other foot I'd be having a right giggle to myself

Archived