Fraud

pleslie99

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Wearing a badge and offering free chocolates and wine just before a romcom on the telly? Brilliant scam.

I can't remember the month this happened but if you did it on Valentines Day you would make a fortune.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've received a few calls from people saying "I understand you have been in accident that was not your fault."

Seemed like a silly scam for the simple reason that I have not been in an accident.

Apparently they phone lots of people and eventually they hook on to somebody who has been in accident and does not realize it is a scam from an unrelated third party.
Before they know it, somebody gets their details who is nothing to do with the accident and it all goes bad from there.

I have been a victim of two frauds that were probably both worse than the SSB/Trainers thing that made me P+B famous.  I shouldn't post either of these because I will never live them down but I don't take this place as serious as others:

Incident 1  - This one I'm not 100% sure is fraud and maybe someone more techinically minded can help me.  If it was a coincidence then fair enough.  When I received my first half decent wage/bonus at the age of around 20 I thought I was a bit of a ticket.  I was out shopping in the city centre in G-Star which, for an Ayrshire ned with a few quid, was like fucking Harrods to me.   The girl who was working was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my league and all she was doing was doing her job properly in trying to sell me stuff with comments like:

"awww those jeans look amazing on you"  "that t-shirt really shows off your body definition"  etc etc.      

So, whilst in the process of buying a few things I was thinking she was really in to me (at that age I did think I was god's gift a bit).  So when the time came to pay for the stuff she told me how much it was (I was giving it the big man during the trying-on period by not even asking/checking prices) and I just passed my debit card over to her.  Chip and Pin was relatively new at this time and wasn't always used but anyway she gave me the machine over and I, cool as you can be, said "Its ok I trust you, my PIN is.........and gave her my PIN".  She gave me a wee cheeky laugh, rang my stuff up and gave me the receipt.  I asked for a pen, wrote my number on the back of the receipt and handed it back to her saying "you keep the receipt".  Walked out of the place feeling like a champion and checked my phone all night for a text that never arrived.   About a week later I went to go for a few drinks before a Killie game and my card got rejected at the cash machine - no money left and I had had about £500 taken out of my account.

Incident 2 - This one wasn't financial but stole me of hard earned time.   I had FIFA14 and had spent untold hours playing games and trading on Ultimate Team, my first year playing this game mode.  I had a pretty good side and I was v.v.v.v.v good at the game.  I got a message through one night from a guy which said "Have you done the double glitch with anyone?"  I replied back to say I didn't know what he was talking about and he said that if you trade all of your players and money to someone then the game glitches and you double up on everything .............I'm sure you can see where this is going...........The guy played it cooler than me in Gstar and wasn't really hammering me with messages, if anything it was me chasing him.  So he got me to trade all of his stuff to me and then said he would do the same back to me to get his stuff doubled.  Of course I was to do the trade first which I was desperate to do and I carried the transaction through straight away.  "Just leave yourself with one coin" he said.  I was indeed left with one coin as everything went to him.  I assumed this was some kind of mistake and I had done it wrong so I messaged him to say so and ask (the complete stranger) to send me everything back to try again.  After about 10 mins of silence realisation started to set in and the only other contact I got about it was a couple of night later when I was left a voice message on the xbox by the person - who was clearly a 12 year old boy from London - and all his pals laughing at me about the whole scenario.

What I did afterwards was try to pull the same stunt on other users but of course everyone who I sent the "do you want to do the double glitch" to simply wrote me a message back telling me to f**k off and that they weren't stupid.

14 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

So, whilst in the process of buying a few things I was thinking she was really in to me (at that age I did think I was god's gift a bit).  So when the time came to pay for the stuff she told me how much it was (I was giving it the big man during the trying-on period by not even asking/checking prices) and I just passed my debit card over to her.  Chip and Pin was relatively new at this time and wasn't always used but anyway she gave me the machine over and I, cool as you can be, said "Its ok I trust you, my PIN is.........and gave her my PIN".  She gave me a wee cheeky laugh, rang my stuff up and gave me the receipt.  I asked for a pen, wrote my number on the back of the receipt and handed it back to her saying "you keep the receipt". 

Jesus f**k.

I have been a victim of two frauds that were probably both worse than the SSB/Trainers thing that made me P+B famous.  I shouldn't post either of these because I will never live them down but I don't take this place as serious as others:
Incident 1  - This one I'm not 100% sure is fraud and maybe someone more techinically minded can help me.  If it was a coincidence then fair enough.  When I received my first half decent wage/bonus at the age of around 20 I thought I was a bit of a ticket.  I was out shopping in the city centre in G-Star which, for an Ayrshire ned with a few quid, was like fucking Harrods to me.   The girl who was working was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my league and all she was doing was doing her job properly in trying to sell me stuff with comments like:
"awww those jeans look amazing on you"  "that t-shirt really shows off your body definition"  etc etc.      
So, whilst in the process of buying a few things I was thinking she was really in to me (at that age I did think I was god's gift a bit).  So when the time came to pay for the stuff she told me how much it was (I was giving it the big man during the trying-on period by not even asking/checking prices) and I just passed my debit card over to her.  Chip and Pin was relatively new at this time and wasn't always used but anyway she gave me the machine over and I, cool as you can be, said "Its ok I trust you, my PIN is.........and gave her my PIN".  She gave me a wee cheeky laugh, rang my stuff up and gave me the receipt.  I asked for a pen, wrote my number on the back of the receipt and handed it back to her saying "you keep the receipt".  Walked out of the place feeling like a champion and checked my phone all night for a text that never arrived.   About a week later I went to go for a few drinks before a Killie game and my card got rejected at the cash machine - no money left and I had had about £500 taken out of my account.

Incident 2 - This one wasn't financial but stole me of hard earned time.   I had FIFA14 and had spent untold hours playing games and trading on Ultimate Team, my first year playing this game mode.  I had a pretty good side and I was v.v.v.v.v good at the game.  I got a message through one night from a guy which said "Have you done the double glitch with anyone?"  I replied back to say I didn't know what he was talking about and he said that if you trade all of your players and money to someone then the game glitches and you double up on everything .............I'm sure you can see where this is going...........The guy played it cooler than me in Gstar and wasn't really hammering me with messages, if anything it was me chasing him.  So he got me to trade all of his stuff to me and then said he would do the same back to me to get his stuff doubled.  Of course I was to do the trade first which I was desperate to do and I carried the transaction through straight away.  "Just leave yourself with one coin" he said.  I was indeed left with one coin as everything went to him.  I assumed this was some kind of mistake and I had done it wrong so I messaged him to say so and ask (the complete stranger) to send me everything back to try again.  After about 10 mins of silence realisation started to set in and the only other contact I got about it was a couple of night later when I was left a voice message on the xbox by the person - who was clearly a 12 year old boy from London - and all his pals laughing at me about the whole scenario.

What I did afterwards was try to pull the same stunt on other users but of course everyone who I sent the "do you want to do the double glitch" to simply wrote me a message back telling me to f**k off and that they weren't stupid.

Aye but all that doesn't matter. Good looking guy like you, what is your pin mate?

I can legit get you double coins for the price of one on FIFA, pm me your PSN/Xbox log in and your payment method details and I'll sort it out for you.

Done it for a few folk on here already.

Archived