Hibernian Vs Livi - League Cup Quarter Final

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So so proud of our efforts tonight, that was with a weakened line up as well. 

Just a bit of nievity from a striker in the box making a daft uneccessery challenge, but tbf to the lad he's been excellent, for a striker to go and play at Cb then Rb and not look out of place well done Todorov. 

Great goal by Rafa De Vita, noticed he was on crutches at the end, bad news for us that. 

Really frustrated with the referee though, every single 50/50 went Hibs way, the freekick that was given in the first half was a great tackle, but the worst call was the corner he gave, Hibs actually started lining up for a goal kick and Madden has decided it's a content which they score from, if we go in 2-1 you never know. 

Well done to Hibs and best of luck to you in the semi final. 

On a side note I hope the Livi fan that collapsed near the end is ok, hoping to hear good news. 

Proud Livi fan tonight after that performance. 

I shouldn't grumble after getting shroo to a semi but f**k, me, we're an absolute gang. Our defending from set pieces man muggy.png

I'm going to start losing patience with Lennon very quickly if he doesn't realise soon that McGeough should be the first name on the teamsheet. He just walks it up to the opposition goal and has us playing on the front foot with ease. I'd also be tempted to start giving Porteous a go. We desperately need a commdanding CB in McGregor's absence and on the glimpses we've seen of him so far, he potentially looks like an answer for that,

McGeough is almost always the best player on the park when we have played Hibs in recent years.

Sounds as if we were slightly unlucky tonight but a good performance nonetheless. Hopefully put in another good performance against Falkirk on Saturday.

20 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

What has happened to us defensively? Absolutely honking. 

Success versus shite The Rangers and shite Hearts players has convinced many that they are better than they actually are.

I think our defenders are bang average and have been for a while.

Can't be too disappointed with that, although if anyone finds the head I lost please return it. Thank you.

Won't bother ranting about the ref, I won't stop if I do :lol: Thought we played well considering Gallagher's out injured and we've shuffled the team about a bit. Carrick done really well up top hassling the defenders, and Todorov was the fucking boy at the back (penalty aside). Think most players should look to Todorov to see how you should act, always gives everything no matter where he plays and tries to get the fans going, would be brilliant if we could manage to get him permanently.  Losing De Vita early on was a blow for us, great finish from him though. Thought Knox was anonymous on the wing, completely forgot he was playing until he gave away a free kick and was hooked shortly after. Can see what Hopkin was trying to do leaving Mullen and Mullin on the bench until late on against tired legs, but by the time they came on Hibs upped their game and we never got into a decent enough position for a goal.

Decent payday that the club didn't budget for so a good start to the season. Good luck to the Hibees in the semis, thump the **** please and thank you.

Bit of a shame that a ref took it away from us in all honesty.

Main point to take is that a rotated side from us seemed to boss Hibs around at times, a lot of players staking a claim to start and it's pleasing. Wonder if we'd have actually won had we started our strongest 11 and had Gallagher not been injured.

It seems Hopkin and his team are starting to command the respect they deserve given a lot of people had us as favourites to go down, credit to him. He's won over the fans and instilled a togetherness in the team that is giving off brilliant vibes

Feel bad for Livi, from the sounds of it we were dead lucky with the refereeing decisions that went in our favour. Overall it hasn't papered over anything, I still don't trust Lennon at all even if we are back at Hampden. Best of luck for the rest of the season and that, and you can count yourselves unlucky not to be in the draw.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

McGeough is almost always the best player on the park when we have played Hibs in recent years.

Sounds as if we were slightly unlucky tonight but a good performance nonetheless. Hopefully put in another good performance against Falkirk on Saturday.

Aye and win, or i'd take a shite performance and a win.

Archived