East super league

locheedfcno1

3 hours ago, Tayboy said:

Bonnyrigg in my opinion should be run away champions. However I have grave worries for my local Juniors Jeanfield Swifts. They seem to have gone a league too far. They don't seem to be behaving as a Super League side, but more like a group of mates running some sort of Fantasy football team. There are a group of 4/5 players/Coaches who are connected by work, family, or are simply social buddies. These 4/5 are all involved with the team selection, and it became very clear to the supporters last season that those connected with the team selectors were playing before others, when it was blindingly obvious that they were not up to the job. It is also very clear that none of them are accepting responsibility for their own mistakes on or off the park. Those not involved with the clique if they make a mistake are getting screamed at, and put down in front of everyone, but when someone connected with the clique makes a mistake, and there have been some real match costing howlers, quite literally nothing is said. Now they have introduced a win bonus which will make matters even worse, where starting line up receive more, than a used sub, who receives more than an unused sub. if we ever find ourselves in a situation of being 2 or 3 up with 15 minutes to go, it is obvious who will be getting the nod to come on as a sub, because the cash earned will go a good way towards a night out. I'm writing this in the hope that it may waken the club up, and hope they come to their senses, come together as a squad, and committee, and agree they it doesn't matter who you are, that you have to earn your place in the team, and you have to earn your way back into the team, otherwise it is the Premier league for us next season.

I watched Jeanfield 6 times last season. You can slate team selection all you want but at no point in your post have you given the Other side of your teams story.

1st season in the top league - comfortably stayed up

Beat Kelty away and played some very pleasing football at times.

Most clubs have a bonus structure in place so nothing new there. Your squad looked thin last season so not many other options.

I did equally hear supporters with simular views to you in the crowd last season. I would advise sticking together otherwise you maybe right on your prediction

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

I watched Jeanfield 6 times last season. You can slate team selection all you want but at no point in your post have you given the Other side of your teams story.

1st season in the top league - comfortably stayed up

Beat Kelty away and played some very pleasing football at times.

Most clubs have a bonus structure in place so nothing new there. Your squad looked thin last season so not many other options.

I did equally hear supporters with simular views to you in the crowd last season. I would advise sticking together otherwise you maybe right on your prediction

Oh Faceman, you were doing so well and then you ballsed it completely!

Kennoway was funny to dry humour people such as I am, but I can't let you away with the remark that Jeanfield comfortably stayed up!

They were extremely lucky still to be in the Super League. If we drew our last game at Jeanfield, they were down as there was no way they were going to get any points against Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow! Unfortunately for us, that never happened - but you do have a short memory.

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Oh Faceman, you were doing so well and then you ballsed it completely!

Kennoway was funny to dry humour people such as I am, but I can't let you away with the remark that Jeanfield comfortably stayed up!

They were extremely lucky still to be in the Super League. If we drew our last game at Jeanfield, they were down as there was no way they were going to get any points against Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow! Unfortunately for us, that never happened - but you do have a short memory.

They finished 2 places above the relegation Casey.

I would argue that if they needed anything from their remaining games they may have 'uped their game' especially v Linlithgow who has nothing to play for.

I take your point about luck. I would say every team bar the top 5 were lucky to stay up.

Makes No odds either way the point of my post was to highlight the achievement that in my view Jeanfield did last season - which the original poster appeared to forget.

It's fine having a go at things that the poster felt were needing improved but 2 games in and after securing safety - a bit of ballance wouldnt have gone a miss

I am a wee bit surprised you post against me rather than the guy calling for changes 2 games into a 30 game season!

This isn't just 2 games into a new season, it is 1 season, and 2 games into a possible new era. I posted to try to draw attention to what is happening, and has been happening since their promotion. They are no longer a premier league team, and if they want to stay that way, I genuinely feel that they need a more professional approach, and realise that that it shouldn't be jobs for the boys, otherwise, this season we may not be so lucky.

2 hours ago, The Faceman said:

I would argue that if they needed anything from their remaining games they may have 'uped their game' especially v Linlithgow who has nothing to play for.

I take your point about luck. I would say every team bar the top 5 were lucky to stay up.

Makes No odds either way the point of my post was to highlight the achievement that in my view Jeanfield did last season - which the original poster appeared to forget.

It's fine having a go at things that the poster felt were needing improved but 2 games in and after securing safety - a bit of ballance wouldnt have gone a miss

I am a wee bit surprised you post against me rather than the guy calling for changes 2 games into a 30 game season!

I posted at your comment as I feel your 'comfortable' analysis was wrong.

Bonnyrigg were still looking to win the league and were miles behind Keltyboth in points and in goal difference. However, win their remaining games, including Jeanfield, and scoring lots of goals and the league was theirs. So beating Jeanfield twice in 2 weeks was no fluke for the Big Rose.

Linlithgow were poor for the majority of the season, and they were also playing for Super League survival around that time. Coupled with a new management team, with Windy looking to impress, so that he had a better chance of managing a team again this season, then again, chances of Jeanfield beating Linlithgow were slim to none!

I don't reply to all posts, only some that I am interested in, or where i think it is inaccurate, such as that part of your post.

Didn't say anything regarding the rest of your post and also gave you credit for Kennoway!

Good luck against the wee rose today.

1 hour ago, Tayboy said:

This isn't just 2 games into a new season, it is 1 season, and 2 games into a possible new era. I posted to try to draw attention to what is happening, and has been happening since their promotion. They are no longer a premier league team, and if they want to stay that way, I genuinely feel that they need a more professional approach, and realise that that it shouldn't be jobs for the boys, otherwise, this season we may not be so lucky.

I have no doubt you are right but the point I made was you have to give credit for a team who had no super league experience staying up with 2 games to spare.

The post as I gave you credit for is what was being said in the crowd - particularly in your game v Lochee. 

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

I posted at your comment as I feel your 'comfortable' analysis was wrong.

Bonnyrigg were still looking to win the league and were miles behind Keltyboth in points and in goal difference. However, win their remaining games, including Jeanfield, and scoring lots of goals and the league was theirs. So beating Jeanfield twice in 2 weeks was no fluke for the Big Rose.

Linlithgow were poor for the majority of the season, and they were also playing for Super League survival around that time. Coupled with a new management team, with Windy looking to impress, so that he had a better chance of managing a team again this season, then again, chances of Jeanfield beating Linlithgow were slim to none!

I don't reply to all posts, only some that I am interested in, or where i think it is inaccurate, such as that part of your post.

Didn't say anything regarding the rest of your post and also gave you credit for Kennoway!

Good luck against the wee rose today.

Fair enough Casey. I felt they stayed up with 2 games to spare and 2 places above the relegation. 

They stayed up more comfortably than us anyway!

And likewise all the best v Dalkeith

Absolutely right, it was a superb achievement, however that is now in the past. What matters now is the future, there is an opportunity to really push on, game time doesn't even enter into the situation, it's about going to watch the best team available, not paying to see a team that is set up to keep players happy, if the whole team really want what is best for the club, they should accept that those not performing should sit it out.

Linlithgow only had nothing to play for due to the draw. If Jeanfield had got a point then it would have turned into a potential relegation decider

It seems that you missed my point entirely Junior Lover. Today Jeanfield were missing a midfielder, a midfielder was on the bench. However, the right back was put into midfield, the left back was moved to right back, and another player was put at left back. The non clique players came on with about 15 minutes to go, when Jeanfield were 2-0 up. Up until that point we had achieved no shots at goal, unless you are going to count the tap in, or the penalties. Our supporters were complaining about the long balls, and the inability to play the ball on the ground. The Boness team were atrocious, they were falling out amongst themselves, and even their supporters were arguing amongst themselves about how bad (Polite) they were. So in answer to you your question, no I do not have a red face, in fact I think I proved my point, because by shuffling around the team as they did, none of the clique had to sit out the game.

Your a cock, yet another account with nothing positive to say and only here to spread bile and hatred.

A bit confused where the bile, and hatred is coming from, how about making a few sensible points to contradict what I have said. My original point was to draw attention to a problem, it really is now up to the powers that be as to wether they take a long hard look at themselves, or wether they choose to ignore everything. However if you are interested in saying something constructive, or something of intellectual value that proves me, and incidently other supporters wrong, then I would be happy to hear them, and believe me I genuinely wish that I didn't have to start this, but I felt that it was needed.

1 hour ago, Tayboy said:

A bit confused where the bile, and hatred is coming from, how about making a few sensible points to contradict what I have said. My original point was to draw attention to a problem, it really is now up to the powers that be as to wether they take a long hard look at themselves, or wether they choose to ignore everything. However if you are interested in saying something constructive, or something of intellectual value that proves me, and incidently other supporters wrong, then I would be happy to hear them, and believe me I genuinely wish that I didn't have to start this, but I felt that it was needed.

Your entitled to your view.

I believe the problem is that you (in a roundabout way) appear to be taking the achievements that your club have made - doing it 'their way' 

Winning v Bo'ness no matter how you thought they played is not easy. Especially as they won comfortably both games last season 

Maybe a different approach from you would be to join their committee - put your points accross constructively. Or start / join join supporters group.

It's fair enough posting on here and giving your view - but you may as well swing from the bar in a pair of Speedos for all the good it will do

Speedos? Interesting thought. My intention was to provoke thought, and discussion among the powers that be, which it may or may not achieve. , but I'm sure that they will now all be aware of it. The ball is now in their court, what they choose to do with it is entirely up to them. If Jeanfield are still in the Super league this time next year, then I will be looking upon it as a great achievement. If you check out the Boness thread, for a team that has just lost 2-0 to us, they think we will be struggling. Fingers crossed that they are wrong. I'm off to get my Speedos. Signing out with one parting comment. "Too many cooks......etc" (Just a thought)

At the KSH v Broughty game today. Nice to get point on the board, even game with KSH going in from from a short back pass, then missed pen from Broughty and a equaliser just b4 half time. Second half end to end with both teams creating chances, so a fair result

16 hours ago, Tayboy said:

It seems that you missed my point entirely Junior Lover. Today Jeanfield were missing a midfielder, a midfielder was on the bench. However, the right back was put into midfield, the left back was moved to right back, and another player was put at left back. The non clique players came on with about 15 minutes to go, when Jeanfield were 2-0 up. Up until that point we had achieved no shots at goal, unless you are going to count the tap in, or the penalties. Our supporters were complaining about the long balls, and the inability to play the ball on the ground. The Boness team were atrocious, they were falling out amongst themselves, and even their supporters were arguing amongst themselves about how bad (Polite) they were. So in answer to you your question, no I do not have a red face, in fact I think I proved my point, because by shuffling around the team as they did, none of the clique had to sit out the game.

Start a Jeanfield Swifts thread for this debate please

7 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Start a Jeanfield Swifts thread for this debate please

Haha, so you've joined Burnie in trying to dictate who should say what in a particular thread? 

If it bothers you so much, start the thread yourself on behalf of Jeanfield.

Mon the birds!

43 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

Haha, so you've joined Burnie in trying to dictate who should say what in a particular thread? 

If it bothers you so much, start the thread yourself on behalf of Jeanfield.

Mon the birds!

New thread started as you requested. 

P.S. Just keeping thread on subject

Archived