League Cup Quarters Draw

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The Master said:

An away tie for The Rangers? The draw must be wrong.

I think the three TV ties pick themselves. Bit of a bummer for Motherwell and Aberdeen to miss out though.

;)

In all seriousness, it couldn't have worked out better for BT with Motherwell and Aberdeen playing each other the following Sunday anyway. That means:

Dundee v Celtic - Tuesday 19th or Wednesday 20th 
Partick Thistle v The Rangers - Wednesday 20th or Tuesday 19th
Motherwell v Aberdeen - Thursday 21st

14 hours ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

i dont think its 3 televised ties in the league cup is it? only scottish cup?

14 hours ago, The Master said:

They showed three in the quarter-finals last season.

On both occasions they've deferred 1 of their 2 picks in R2 to take 3 picks in QFs.

At least this time around both Thu picks play each other on Sun.

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Just off the top of my head, do Hibs not have quite a long history of drawing the lowest rank team in the competition at home, gloating about it, and then f*cking up ?

Looks like an OF semi-final, with the winners to play Aberdeen or Livi in the final.

no. stick to getting battered in Cyprus m8

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

no. stick to getting battered in Cyprus m8

Cheers for the wise advice, it's appreciated.

I'm pretty sure I'm correct though. Almost any extended Hibs cup run in recent years has involved a sequence of piss easy home ties, until your eventual humiliation.

The one exception of course being when you caught Rangers cold in their first ever final. Even then you had an easy route to the final.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm pretty sure I'm correct though. Almost any extended Hibs cup run in recent years has involved a sequence of piss easy home ties, until your eventual humiliation.

The one exception of course being when you caught Rangers cold in their first ever final. Even then you had an easy route to the final.

:lol: 

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

On both occasions they've deferred 1 of their 2 picks in R2 to take 3 picks in QFs.

At least this time around both Thu picks play each other on Sun.

Friday 15 sees Partick Thistle host Rangers, live on BT Sport, too :lol:

36 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I've seen my team win 2 trophies at Hampden this century and you've seen none. Unlucks.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

I've seen my team win 2 trophies at Hampden this century and you've seen none. Unlucks.

Cool story. 

I could say that in the time I've been supporting the Dons I've been to something like 27 cup finals and seen my team win God knows how many cups, league titles and European trophies. And never seen my team being relegated.

But I won't say that, because it would make your two wee cup wins look a bit insignificant.

Anyway. Good memories, but all in the past. I was merely pointing out that Hibs have been pretty fortunate with cup draws in recent years, that's all.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cool story. 

I could say that in the time I've been supporting the Dons I've been to something like 27 cup finals and seen my team win God knows how many cups, league titles and European trophies. And never seen my team being relegated.

But I won't say that, because it would make your two wee cup wins look a bit insignificant.

Anyway. Good memories, but all in the past. I was merely pointing out that Hibs have been pretty fortunate with cup draws in recent years, that's all.

thats because your an old c**t, though.

:lol:

Off-topic, I know, but the three TV ties are as expected.

Partick Thistle v The Rangers - Tuesday 19th September
Dundee v Celtic - Wednesday 20th September
Motherwell v Aberdeen - Thursday 21st September.

Hibs v Livi is on Tuesday 19th, not televised.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 14:47, Dudu Dahan pal said:

And I've seen us hump you 2-0 to win one there as well :D 

Archived