Brechin v Livi

Is it too early to be a must win ? 

If we are to have a successful season no disrespect to Brechin but we have to do what we done last season and take 12 points from them. 

Knowing what we are like, after such a brilliant start to the season we will come unstuck here, let's hope not though. 

Brechin's first home game of the season so I'm sure they'll be up for it, but the confidence we are playing with right now I think the players will be thinking they could take on the world. 

Any kind of win will do me in this one. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never expected to be playing you lads once you had clinched the League One title last season . Thats the magic of the playoffs for you. This will be a hard game , in fact there all hard games in a hard league . Some of our fans are having groans about this and that but not i . Fully intend to enjoy every second of our life in the Championship. Anyone how long Liam Watt is out for and when is he expected to return ?

52 minutes ago, underpar said:

Never expected to be playing you lads once you had clinched the League One title last season . Thats the magic of the playoffs for you. This will be a hard game , in fact there all hard games in a hard league . Some of our fans are having groans about this and that but not i . Fully intend to enjoy every second of our life in the Championship. Anyone how long Liam Watt is out for and when is he expected to return ?

Heard that he might make his return on Saturday .  :thumsup2

It's a broken wrist which would normally take about 6 weeks to heal so I was imagine he won't be far away. Saturday might be a bit soon with Dundee United away the following week perhaps more realistic. Missing him badly so hope it's as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

This is a game we should be winning, definitely if we're pushing playoffs

Sssssh, keep it quiet and let us stay under the radar a bit longer yet.

It's the old potential banana skin for us, with us beating Brechin 4 times last season we're favourites here but everyone we've played recently have been favourites against us and that worked in our favour. As long as we don't take it for granted we'll win we should be ok.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sssssh, keep it quiet and let us stay under the radar a bit longer yet.

It's the old potential banana skin for us, with us beating Brechin 4 times last season we're favourites here but everyone we've played recently have been favourites against us and that worked in our favour. As long as we don't take it for granted we'll win we should be ok.

We nvr turned up once against u guys last year .We were better than that . We desperatly need to get some kind of result to stop rot well n truly setting in.. Plus a decent result at home would see us take a good crowd to Tannadice 

Brechin are no mugs; the fact that they fought their way through the playoff speaks for itself.

We should win but "should" doesn't always happen.

I believe the team will be well prepared and hopefully we don't consider resting people at this stage; hard game on Tuesday particularly with the extra time but hopefully the guys fitness it excellent and they should be eager to move forward.

Don't think it matters if we 'rest' some players D, we've equally good players that will come in and do just as good a job. Only players i'd say that should always start are Alexander, our back 3, and Pitts, Byrne & Keaghan in midfield, the rest are well covered for changes. We could start Todorov and Mackin/Peters up front for this and have Mullen & Carrick on the bench to bring on later. Same with Mullin, he ran his socks off against Falkirk, could play Knox and rest up Mullin for the last 20 mins.

10 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

We nvr turned up once against u guys last year .We were better than that . We desperatly need to get some kind of result to stop rot well n truly setting in.. Plus a decent result at home would see us take a good crowd to Tannadice 

Jesus H Christ!

I expect this to be a tough match for the Amber Machine. I think our players will find it weird that their town is smaller than our shopping centres and this might put them off their game. We will sneak a 3-0 I think.

8 hours ago, AMC13 said:

I expect this to be a tough match for the Amber Machine. I think our players will find it weird that their town is smaller than our shopping centres and this might put them off their game. We will sneak a 3-0 I think.

Yep playing a team thats been well run for over 110 years and kpt same name and nvr jumped towns or entered admin ..

Yep playing a team thats been well run for over 110 years and kpt same name and nvr jumped towns or entered admin ..

[emoji35]

I've put the angry face emoji there to let everyone know you have hurt my feelings. Hopefully you will learn a lesson from this and never be mean again in the future.

Everything is going great just now but the real test will be how we react after we get our first defeat, hopefully we'll have to wait a wee while longer to find out. We're on an incredible run just now, we've only lost 2 games this year, both to East Fife, one in a cup and one in the league. 15 games undefeated just now too.

Right that's me set us up for a defeat now.:shutup:lol:

Archived