Brechin v Livi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Everything is going great just now but the real test will be how we react after we get our first defeat, hopefully we'll have to wait a wee while longer to find out. We're on an incredible run just now, we've only lost 2 games this year, both to East Fife, one in a cup and one in the league. 15 games undefeated just now too.

Right that's me set us up for a defeat now.:shutup:lol:

Remind me are we playing in Stranraer this week or is it Peterheid?

According to today's courier Dods is keen on a defender from Hibs on loan how many defenders can he fit into a team the man's obsessed can't he see its further up the field that needs strengthening Cant Win Games With 20 Defenders And Two Strikers 

Just now, Woobydoo said:

According to today's courier Dods is keen on a defender from Hibs on loan how many defenders can he fit into a team the man's obsessed can't he see its further up the field that needs strengthening Cant Win Games With 20 Defenders And Two Strikers 

Must've been influenced by Hopkin's playing 4 CB's in defence for us last season and thought yeah that's the way to go..

3 hours ago, Woobydoo said:

Yeah your right on with this ....for a start we wouldn't get to play with 20 defenders and 2 strikers as it's 11 a side and we would be breaking the rules....;)  But i do think you have a point.  I too was surprised when i saw the same report stating that another defender MAY be Glebe Park bound. I was rather hoping The Wizard as i'll now be referring to Mr Dods would swish his wand and magic up a young hungry striker or two on loan. However in the Wizard and Bails we must trust, and after the last two seasons under him i think we should all 1.chill , 2. enjoy the occasion ,3 . let things happen in due course. The management team were not born yesterday and i'm sure the lack of strikers has been noted. Maybe the case has been waiting till other clubs business is done then pick someone up on loan. Lets ALL get behind the team tomorrow  .  :thumsup2

Nae Keaghan? Not even on the bench, must've picked up a knock on Tues, or it took a lot out of him and Hoppy is resting him up. Strong bench anyway, any 3 of those 6 outfield played would do for the 2nd half..

Your Livi team for today: Alexander, Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher, Byrne, Pittman, De Vita, Longridge, Mullin, Mullen, Mackin

On the bench for the Lions: Carrick, Thomson, Cadden, Robinson, Knox, Todorov, Maley.

Pity we couldn't just have stopped play at HT and taken the points.

Another draw that feels like a defeat after being on top and looking like wrapping the points up. Ah well, still undefeated, reckon we'll have a lot more draws this season which will go towards keeping us up but really need wins to push for a top 4 spot.

Well played today thats the spirits fans want to see.. After an unispiring 1st half in what we did nt deserve too be 2 down to 2 scrappy goals ( although we were nt outplayed we created little either) The 2nd half was much better we created a lot more and with a bit more luck mighta won it .. Thought Jacko n Orsi played really well ... Some poor inconsistent reffing seen us pick up a handful of booking s some were defo yellows yet livvy players were escaping with warnings for same fouls ... Well done today

Bit of a reality check for us today, firstly I want to congratulate Brechin on a decent performance, caused us more problems today than they did in all 4 games last season and were worthy of a point. 

Us on the other hand we looked lethargic, even at 2-0 I didn't feel we played that well. 

We really missed Keaghan Jacobs in the middle of the park to calm things down, we more often than not tried to play diagonal balls across the pitch rather than play through the middle which is what we've been doing well up until today. 

Its another point but really at 2-0 we have to be more professional, that's 2 points and imo 4 points less than what we should have. 

Long way to go but if we are to have a successful season we have to be taking our chances and seeing games out. 

Maybe the kick up the backside we needed after a good start to the season. 

Btw Brechin need to update there admission info, website states £13 for adults, Livi tweeted £13 and we got there and it's £15. 

Disappointing result, and one that hopefully tempers some fans' expectations. We probably just about edged the first half without being spectacular, Brechin created nothing and looked every inch a team that is predicted by most to finish last. Compare it to the second half and it was night and day - credit to them, at any level of football, pulling back a two goal deficit demonstrates some real strength and determination. In saying that though, it's a total shitter we didn't see the game out and we looked very tired. Missed Keaghan's intensity in the midfield three and it was something we didn't solve all game - judging by the reviews of the new boy Thomas you'd have expected him to have slotted in there at least for the last 20 minutes or so to give us a bit of a presence. I'm hopeful it's a wee kick up the arse for the players and puts any complacency about the upcoming games firmly out of their minds.

Will be interesting to see how Brechin fare against the better teams in the division, though. The pace of Carrick in the second half was a nuisance for them, hence the couple of yellows for wiping him out. The former Livi pair of Crighton and Sinclair looked alright at this level actually, personally disappointed Crighton left us but he obviously wanted games. If they finish 9th this season that would be an achievement in itself, no disrespect intended.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Pity we couldn't just have stopped play at HT and taken the points.

Another draw that feels like a defeat after being on top and looking like wrapping the points up. Ah well, still undefeated, reckon we'll have a lot more draws this season which will go towards keeping us up but really need wins to push for a top 4 spot.

Even with the ref's help you couldn't see us off. f**k sake Livi you lot really are shite. 

Happy with the effort and performance. First half not much of anything btw the teams but found ourselves 2 down. Second half played better and got our rewards. When there have been shouts of us needing another striker I did wonder about Osri filling that space - today showed he could.

Also big difference was out fullbacks being much further up the park which helped when we were attacking; with some potential starters coming back I wonder how Dods will shape them up.

All in quite happy with that and off the bottom - Glory Days!

Generally would disagree with some of the comments about the first half. Brechin had at least three good chances which, but for wastefulness by their strikers and some excellent goalkeeping, could have led to a very different scoreline at the end of the first half.

We really missed Keaghan Jacobs; without him the defence seemed disjointed and all at sea; the midfield paring of Byrne and Pittman didn't work either without Keaghan's involvement. Then again too many players had an off day; no excuses; the day was perfect for football.

Thought Creighton had a good game which is actually to be expected; good to see he can make the step up without any problem. Was expecting better from Jordan Sinclair; whenever he'd appeared for us (unfortunately rarely) he always seemed to have bags of potential; maybe he hasn't settled yet.

First visit to Brechin and thought it was one of the friendliest grounds I've been to. Everybody seemed to have time for a chat and a joke - maybe I should come back on a cold Tuesday in January when it is pissing down? 

Big well done to the team today . The heads could have gone at 2 nil down at half time but they didn't.  Thats what we want to see every week ...go out and have a go at teams if we lose , we lose , but i'd rather lose games having a go than lose games with a whimper. Echo thoughts of a previous poster regarding referee . I dont mind our players being booked but as long as its the same for other team, as the amount of shirt pulling , hands all over our guys , holding Jacko etc went without booking. Not looking for favours just fairness. Agree with CF in that i thought Jacko and Orsi looked like they were starting to form a wee understanding of each other which i know its early days but hopefully this will prove to be the case. Cant pick out any single player as star man cause i thought they all did great. Orsi and Finn took their goals well and nice to see young Orsi get MoM. First time i've had a right look at Jordan Sinclair and thought he did well . James Dale was at his most fearless today. Issac coming on as impact sub was good. They didn't like it when he came on. Thing i like about him is you just dont know what he's going to do when he gets the ball. All in all very entertaining afternoon a good point against full time team and we are off the bottom of the league, Next ? Sneak a point at Dee Utd  and bloody Raymondos nose , then a 2~1 win over Caley Jags at the Glebe the following week and we will be on our way. Not sure what the Wizard and Bails said at half time but i'd like some of that motivation talk stuff for Monday morning please . Well done everyone........

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Generally would disagree with some of the comments about the first half. Brechin had at least three good chances which, but for wastefulness by their strikers and some excellent goalkeeping, could have led to a very different scoreline at the end of the first half.

We really missed Keaghan Jacobs; without him the defence seemed disjointed and all at sea; the midfield paring of Byrne and Pittman didn't work either without Keaghan's involvement. Then again too many players had an off day; no excuses; the day was perfect for football.

Thought Creighton had a good game which is actually to be expected; good to see he can make the step up without any problem. Was expecting better from Jordan Sinclair; whenever he'd appeared for us (unfortunately rarely) he always seemed to have bags of potential; maybe he hasn't settled yet.

First visit to Brechin and thought it was one of the friendliest grounds I've been to. Everybody seemed to have time for a chat and a joke - maybe I should come back on a cold Tuesday in January when it is pissing down? 

I would check before you set out as the game could be in doubt:whistle

First half was shite,second half better.Hope Dodds now knows that being defensive is not the way to go but like the second half go out attacking having a go at teams,most teams won't like it but us fans do.Can't wait till McGeever comes in and him and Crighton in centre of defence should be good.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

First half was shite,second half better.Hope Dodds now knows that being defensive is not the way to go but like the second half go out attacking having a go at teams,most teams won't like it but us fans do.Can't wait till McGeever comes in and him and Crighton in centre of defence should be good.

Careful  there you sound almost positive.

Archived