Big Wheel -vs- Bigger Rock - S6E1

giphy.gif
No matter the result I'm already delighted. I've missed Carsy and his way of being extremely good at all the simple stuff so much. Him and Mango together :wub:
Anyone know what the story is with Handling by the way? I assumed it was just a wee impact knock picked up at Rugby Park, but it's obviously a wee bit worse. We really could do with him to (finally) give us some creativity in midfield. 

He was doing exercises with Carswell before the Morton but had lots of strapping on one of his Knee's. He's had knee trouble before I think so they are probably being very Careful.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully expect the line up to include both Kerr and Taiwo in midfield, Luca in defence and Scott Shepard to feature instead of o'hara. Seriously, what is the fucking point is shepherd, I have never seen him do a single thing for the first team, maybe a tiny glimpse of a footballer that day at Starks when he came on the right of midfield. Offers absolutely zero, has no past first team credentials that could maybe think he will get back to his best, handed a fucking 2 year deal. Now we are struggling to field a team in our first home game of the league campaign and I am just hoping for any result that isnt a defeat against part time club Dumbarton (no offence sons) 

i was actually fine when I started writing this but the realisation as soon as typed Shepards name that this is what we are left with has made me seething

I fully expect the line up to include both Kerr and Taiwo in midfield, Luca in defence and Scott Shepard to feature instead of o'hara. Seriously, what is the fucking point is shepherd, I have never seen him do a single thing for the first team, maybe a tiny glimpse of a footballer that day at Starks when he came on the right of midfield. Offers absolutely zero, has no past first team credentials that could maybe think he will get back to his best, handed a fucking 2 year deal. Now we are struggling to field a team in our first home game of the league campaign and I am just hoping for any result that isnt a defeat against part time club Dumbarton (no offence sons) 
i was actually fine when I started writing this but the realisation as soon as typed Shepards name that this is what we are left with has made me seething

Totally agree with this. I hate jumping on players backs just for the sake of it but how many first team chances is Shepps going to get.

I actually feel the anger rising in me when I see he is coming on.

I sometimes wonder if Houston is aware of the fans feelings towards Kerr/Taiwo together and Shepps continually being played and he just continues as a massive f**k you. The same way he continually tried Baird and McHugh together which never really worked.

Even based on the few matches this season, the O'Hara/Shepherd situation is baffling. Granted it was only a friendly against Edinburgh, but O'Hara got 15-20 minutes and scored with his only chance (a clever run to make himself available for a tap-in), as well as one in the Hungarian friendly. Shepdherd gets a full half up front against Forfar, fluffs a 1-on-1, gets in the way of another scoring chance and does he usual routine of running the channels with no end-product.

We've got two players battling for limited gametime and the one who's staking the bigger claim is further down the pecking order. Don't understand what goes on in Houston's head at times.

Two of those goals were in 2013 (Ayr in the Challenge Cup and Cowdenbeath in the League) and the third was in August 2014 (Montrose in the League Cup). He hasn't scored for us in over three years. Unsure how many minutes he's played since then but it's too bloody many, I can tell you that much!

His only league goal for us came on 23rd November 2013 and it was the 4th in a 4-0 win against Cowdenbeath.

His last goal for us was on 2nd August 2014 and was the 3rd in a 3-1 win away to Montrose.

However since then he has played 16 games on loan to Brechin and Stirling. Scoring 1 goal.

He's utterly fucking shite.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

giphy.gif

No matter the result I'm already delighted. I've missed Carsy and his way of being extremely good at all the simple stuff so much. Him and Mango together :wub:

Anyone know what the story is with Handling by the way? I assumed it was just a wee impact knock picked up at Rugby Park, but it's obviously a wee bit worse. We really could do with him to (finally) give us some creativity in midfield. 

I'm delighted that Carswell's back in the squad, but I'm not sure if he'll start. Has he played in any of the pre-season games apart from the bounce game with Stranraer? Surely he's got quite a bit of catching up to do on the fitness front?

Archived