Big Wheel -vs- Bigger Rock - S6E1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its every fucking time, and if Kerr couldnt perform to something like his past standards in a 5 man midfield on Tuesday night then there really is no hope for him.

Tried to defend him as long as I could based on glimpses of his past ballerness, but its gone.

ker has been shite for half of last season & has been awful so far...I didn't think he was worst player on the park today ...that was tony gallacher with a clearly unfit rory loy not far behind...gasparotto will never be carlos alberto but if he keeps that up hes better there than muirhead...Houston is a stubborn fucker...ohara on for loy earlier we would have won...our misery against part time teams continues 

I'd actually put Kerr at fault for the goal today. Numerous times today he spent his time pointing and shouting at players to tackle or go to the opposition instead of going to the player himself. The lad then played a perfect ball through and we concede.

It's a waste of a jersey. All he does is play safe sideways passes. I love Mark but times up.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

They now refer to Lee Miller as BSLM.

Severe ring cringe when I heard this today.

We did okay first half, scored a great goal and had some chances from set pieces but second half we were holding on for dear life. Scott Gallacher gives me the fear, is he stuck to his line? 

There were glimpses of quality today but I still think we're relying heavily on hard work and luck. Which is fine for now but we need a lot more creativity from the midfield than Ally Roy kicking and running and Davie Wilson pulling off one key pass in the whole match. Hopefully Handling will offer that and I'd be replacing Stewart pronto, who was again woeful until forcing a save late on.

When I saw the side on Twitter and saw that Kerr was in I just knew it was going to be turgid shite. It is now at the stage that he is actually a help to the opposition. He slows us down and gives away possession constantly.

Sort it out Houston.

I thought Dumbarton looked hopeless to be honest, scored a peach of a goal and had a good shape but there was next to no footballing ability there. Nade looks done and Stewart plays like a 45 year old. Player like Hutton and Carswell in the middle speak volumes.

I cannot emphasise enough how much Kerr hurts our team. McKee and Taiwo need to do an additional 50% running to cover the ground he can't move across. Hippolyte and Loy end up 20 yards further back because Kerr is sitting between the two centre backs pointing leaving a massive gap in the middle when we haven't got the ball. Austin can't get the defenders turned because our play slows down to the point our opposition gets two banks of four behind the ball before we can cross the halfway line.

We should've won that game with the chances we missed but there's no need for us to play for an hour before we get eleven men on the park. I honestly think with Sibbald in for Kerr we'll be alright.

A word on Gasparotto too - he's a pantomime villain for me but I thought he acquitted himself well today. Never a full back in a million years but God bless him he tried his best.

On 09/08/2017 at 10:27, lanky_ffc said:

Score draw.

Predictable AF. 

We had chances at the end, but it's only when we're chasing a game that we actually show any urgency. That performance was scarily similar to about half our home games last season. Houston needs to stop being such a shitebag and gets us attacking teams from the off and moving the ball quickly. We've got some amount of pace in the frontline, but rarely used it today. Thought our shape was dreadful towards the end, despite it probably being our best period of the match in terms of creating chances.

Again that was better than I expected. Last 10 we were under the cosh a bit but prior to that falkirk knocked the call about 30 yards out. Thought Wilson was really quite good today . We could even have nicked it if Stewart had squared to Johnston . Sorry falkirk fans but I don't get how anyone thought Hippolyte was good today . Falkirk probably deserved a win but lacked urgency and wouldn't deny our guys their point for effort 

I thought Dumbarton looked hopeless to be honest, scored a peach of a goal and had a good shape but there was next to no footballing ability there. Nade looks done and Stewart plays like a 45 year old. Player like Hutton and Carswell in the middle speak volumes.

Hutton wasn't even in the squad.

0e58565af83cb31ba8c48dd00cdbadc5.jpg

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Well seen you failed to mention the league's standout hair and beard combo :wub:

19399086_152859141925938_815614896242063

Mark Kerr should be used to see games out and nothing else. He isn't good enough anymore. I thought we played well in the second half and were unlucky not to score. Austin isn't clinical enough at the moment, hopefully will come with a run of games.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I cannot emphasise enough how much Kerr hurts our team. McKee and Taiwo need to do an additional 50% running to cover the ground he can't move across. Hippolyte and Loy end up 20 yards further back because Kerr is sitting between the two centre backs pointing leaving a massive gap in the middle when we haven't got the ball. Austin can't get the defenders turned because our play slows down to the point our opposition gets two banks of four behind the ball before we can cross the halfway line.

We should've won that game with the chances we missed but there's no need for us to play for an hour before we get eleven men on the park. I honestly think with Sibbald in for Kerr we'll be alright.

A word on Gasparotto too - he's a pantomime villain for me but I thought he acquitted himself well today. Never a full back in a million years but God bless him he tried his best.

Hopeless with part time resources and you still couldn't get the win.  

Hutton wasn't even in the squad.

0e58565af83cb31ba8c48dd00cdbadc5.jpg

Sorry will delete the part of my post where I said he played today.

Hopeless with part time resources and you still couldn't get the win.  

Correct. I've outlined why I feel that happened.

Archived