Arthurlie squad

Carilly

Wouldn't say Daly isn't happy at Arthurlie as such, unhappy at not getting game time yes obviously, hopefully whatever the issue is gets sorted he starts Wednesday and stays in the team. If they cant sort the issues out move him on get a fee, free up wages and get someone else in, pretty simple IMO

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be wrong but I heard at the Bens game that McNeil was going to chuck it. Could be he changed his mind.  As for Daly not being happy , i think his whole demeanour speaks for itself.  Really strange goings on at Dunterlie by the look of it.  The question is who or what is the problem ?  

I won't be at Girvan as I'm working but it will be interesting to see if the morale of the team is affected . 

13 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Cant say im overly surprised if that's true, not sure where he would fit in to the way Mackie is looking to play.

Does Mackie know which way he is looking to play ?  I havent anything against Chris and i really hope he is a success.  I didnt understand him letting some of the players go from last season but admire his resolve to freshen things up, which was badly needed.  The players he has signed are a mixed bunch some better than guys he let go but others nowhere near as good. We will find out how good his judgement is over the next two or three months.  

33 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Does Mackie know which way he is looking to play ?  I havent anything against Chris and i really hope he is a success.  I didnt understand him letting some of the players go from last season but admire his resolve to freshen things up, which was badly needed.  The players he has signed are a mixed bunch some better than guys he let go but others nowhere near as good. We will find out how good his judgement is over the next two or three months.  

Months!! Maybe weeks !!

13 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Daly is an odd one-Tony didn't play him as much as we wanted at Lok for some reason.And every time he played he was dangerous and scored or assisted!Not sure of reasons.

Yes really strange. Possibly the player isn't doing what the manager is looking for and it was the same at Pollok. 

28 minutes ago, TheInvincibles said:

a lot people far too quick to judge on Mackie n this years squad, and assume on things they don't know. a lot of work going on behind scenes at the lie that can be seen by anyone's eyes at the incomings and outgoings. the league not started yet and the team still needs time to gel. as a spectator on Saturday I thought lie more than matched lok, although agree they are crying out for number 9. interesting to see what people make of arthurlie new boys mcleenan weir wilson Lindsay?

Fair enough. You say you watched us against Pollok and your comments are spot on. I think most of us have agreed we did ok in that game.  Personally i havent missed a game so far and have a right to judge on what i have seen and it hasnt been great.  These games are generally used to get players fit and used to each other and i understand all that but how is Daly going to get fit with the gametime he has had ?  I have regularly stood behind our dugout and have struggled to hear any real coaching coming from there. Not only from big Chris but from ANY of the coaching team.  At the recent game v the Bens i was behind our dugout and could hear Paul Lovering constantly coaching his players from the other side of the park.  

yeah i understand where you are coming from all im saying is there must be a valid reason as to Daly isn't playing - most likely to be a straight forward answer but these are all un-answered questions, maybe he just isn't doing it at training. I think the team should be judged against bigger teams, eg East Stirling & Lok where both games were good performances in my eyes all be it losing in both, but maybe thats where the cutting edge comes into play? Re your comments on bens match Lovers is a good friend of mine, an absolute maniac on that side line lol. I hear Ryan Mcgregor has parted company with the club, surely that will free up a fair sized wage to bring in a new no9 if Daly isn't in plans - what u think?

There will be money available with Ryan buying out his contract.

57 minutes ago, TheInvincibles said:

yeah i understand where you are coming from all im saying is there must be a valid reason as to Daly isn't playing - most likely to be a straight forward answer but these are all un-answered questions, maybe he just isn't doing it at training. I think the team should be judged against bigger teams, eg East Stirling & Lok where both games were good performances in my eyes all be it losing in both, but maybe thats where the cutting edge comes into play? Re your comments on bens match Lovers is a good friend of mine, an absolute maniac on that side line lol. I hear Ryan Mcgregor has parted company with the club, surely that will free up a fair sized wage to bring in a new no9 if Daly isn't in plans - what u think?

Well if he isnt going to play Daly then we should use any money to get another striker. I agree that the fault could be on the player's side. Whatever happens we cant afford to go into the league games without a recognised striker.  I know i sound like i have a real downer on big Mackie but i dont .  I really hope he turns Arthurlie around.  To be honest i would rather Chris played until we get someone in or Daly finds himself back in the team.  

1 hour ago, king Henrik7 said:

There will be money available with Ryan buying out his contract.

I wouldnt expect that to be too much mate.  I wouldnt think the club would ask him to pay a great amount considering the service he gave the club

Surely that depends on whether he has another club lined up? Say for example hes worth £££ in transfer fees but the club would let him buy his contract out for ££ then a club could simply say here is ££ buy your contact we save £ which we give you as a signing on fee? I have no idea what has happened just stating that's a possibility.

As for systems, I like Ryan, always have, hes been a starter all his time at Arthurlie but his favored position is centre mid, Spence and McAleenan will be ahead of him, he wont get a start wide left or right or up front. He player, and played well in defence, but wont start before any of the defenders, he will obviously want to play every week and cant be guaranteed that at Arthurlie whether you agree or not its fact, for me the only ones there now who I think are certain to start every game they are available are Hay, Girvan, Walker, Spence, McKenzie, and McAleenan. Others will start more than most  but wont be certain to play.

Also regards recruitment, whatever level of football its at not every signing is a success for whatever reason, so with so many new faces arriving its certain that some wont work out and will move on or better players will be brought in to replace them.

As for players leaving, I am not privy to the whats and whys bottom line is Mackie and his staff make the call and how the season pans out will in a way determine if he has gone about it in the right way.

Three games played, two wins and a narrow defeat, the league hasn't started yet, give the guy a chance to show what he has to offer, if it doesn't work yes have a pop but if your a supporter of Arthurlie it might be good to support rather than speculate., just a suggestion.

6 minutes ago, TheInvincibles said:

agree on your comment about Mackie and arthurlie fans actually supporting Arthurlie instead of criticising constantly, however completely disagree with your choice of players. 

Im not saying I would pick them, I probably would, more thats who I expect the manager to pick before McGregor

1 minute ago, king Henrik7 said:

Yes I'm good eh

Indeed you are but IMO you can look at it two ways, one your basing what you state on rumors or hearsay which, well I guess many people do that or what you post is fact which means your involved with the club in some capacity in which case I personally feel you shouldn't be sharing stuff like that, as I say each to their own though.

Archived