Arthurlie squad

Carilly

I fear the worst. I know its only the sectional but so far i havent really been impressed.  Some decent looking players but thats it im afraid.   Not one Lie fan i have spoken to have any great hopes for this season.  2 wins against lower league opposition isnt great and in my opinion   both Bens and Neilston were every bit as good as us and deserved something from the games.  

Rumours of dressing room discontent already and im hearing Daly isnt happy at his lack of gametime.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Satori. said:

I fear the worst. I know its only the sectional but so far i havent really been impressed.  Some decent looking players but thats it im afraid.   Not one Lie fan i have spoken to have any great hopes for this season.  2 wins against lower league opposition isnt great and in my opinion   both Bens and Neilston were every bit as good as us and deserved something from the games.  

Rumours of dressing room discontent already and im hearing Daly isnt happy at his lack of gametime.

Same here, based on what I've seen so far.

Keep being told it's too early to judge, and I hope that's the case, but if we get beat by 3 or 4 tomorrow with the obligatory sending off, then I will be expecting the worst this season.

Same here, based on what I've seen so far.
Keep being told it's too early to judge, and I hope that's the case, but if we get beat by 3 or 4 tomorrow with the obligatory sending off, then I will be expecting the worst this season.

I have always said that tomorrow is the game we need to judge the team. We had a horrible sectional last season and ended up mid table in the league. It mostly a new squad so there will be settling in to do. I'm not panicking, 2 wins from 2 against 2 team who beat us last year in the section (1 of whom destroyed us in one of the worst performances I have ever seen from an Arthurlie team). We went into the Pollok game with nothing to play for, this year we can still win the group.

Think it's more to do with how preseason has went on whole. With so many games at home and defeats to go with them. Chris changed 90% of the md-table team so maybe we are expecting to much to soon. Looking forward to tomorrow (I think) Mon the lie..

36 minutes ago, JuniorMad1972 said:

Hearing Gavin Rushford resigning for ex team mate Chris Mackie due to Arthurlies inexperienced defence

I am in regular contact with the manager, as Secretary of the club and I can categorically confirm that your source is well off the mark on this one...

I recall Rushford, who I rate as one of the best central defenders ive seen at Arthurlie in a long time, chucking it with his wedding coming up, he came back to play against Cumnock as we were short and he wanted to help his mate Kerrigan out, when Kegs left Rushford did likewise...

13 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I recall Rushford, who I rate as one of the best central defenders ive seen at Arthurlie in a long time, chucking it with his wedding coming up, he came back to play against Cumnock as we were short and he wanted to help his mate Kerrigan out, when Kegs left Rushford did likewise...

I also seem to remember Rushford being totally bemused at Chris Mackie becoming manager. He wont be back.   

Im worried about us coming up against a team with real pace and Pollok have that.  I will be in my usual place at Newlandsfield today but i wont be as confident as i normally am going there.  Anyway i hope im chomping on my words later on today.  

As before I dont see this as a season changer IMO its still pre-season, yes it will tell us things about the team but the way people are talking us down following two wins from two is bemusing. As for the pace Pollok have I dont think they will be looking forward to dealing with us going forward either.

To be perfectly honest i thought we did ok yesterday. The first half we were slightly better than Pollok i felt but werent really threatening.  When Pollok  made their substitutions they started to take control and deserved the win in the end.  What is the story with MIchael Daly ?   Has he fallen foul of the manager ?  That team is crying out for a good target man and he is sitting on the bench.  

To be perfectly honest i thought we did ok yesterday. The first half we were slightly better than Pollok i felt but werent really threatening.  When Pollok  made their substitutions they started to take control and deserved the win in the end.  What is the story with MIchael Daly ?   Has he fallen foul of the manager ?  That team is crying out for a good target man and he is sitting on the bench.  

Would agree with your post.
First half we didn't really create anything, and only when our two strikers were brought on we controlled the game.

Daly would have caused us problems.
I noticed he was asked to warm up and he made a face if to say what is the point.

He has, mainly as centre mid which will be Spence and McAleenan, played right mid, McKenzie or Lennon will play there, up top its Weir or maybe even Daly and at centre back he wont start before Tart or Walker IMO.

Rather bemusing fact for me is that if he has gone that now means that Girvan and Hay are Arthurlie's longest serving players now, both starting their second season.

1 hour ago, king Henrik7 said:

Think Mcgregor has played every position in that team. Club Captain n just signed a new deal yet can't fit him in. Strange

Totally agree with this. Mackie knew what he was getting with Ryan. That's 2 players chucked it in a week and I'm willing to wager that won't be the end of it.  Daly will go next i believe because he isn't happy at Dunterlie. 

Archived