Arthurlie squad

Carilly

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TheInvincibles said:

not all play same position as Ryan though, Mackie obviously has his favourites as every manager secretly does but players like Mckenzie, walker, Wilson, Brennan Tart, Weir have played every game so far, all be it Wilson didn't start on saturday

Guess it depends on the way he plays, looks between Wilson and Brennan for left back, if he plays a left midfielder both start.

2 minutes ago, Carilly said:

How's mckenzie,spence and Mcaleenan  done for you guys? 

Three of them are looking good,McKenzie bags of pace and scoring almost every game, Spence use of the ball and positional scene is fantastic as for McAleenan he must be an absolute nightmare to play against never stops for 90 minutes nipping away at opponents, more than happy to have the three of them.

4 minutes ago, Carilly said:

How's mckenzie,spence and Mcaleenan  done for you guys? 

Of the 3 i think McKenzie has been the best. The other 2, we know what they can do and should be important players for us but as yet we havent seen them at their best. 

1 minute ago, Satori. said:

Of the 3 i think McKenzie has been the best. The other 2, we know what they can do and should be important players for us but as yet we havent seen them at their best. 

Agree with that, the good thing is they have been impressive but as you say theres more to come which cant be a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Nugent4nil said:

Agree with that, the good thing is they have been impressive but as you say theres more to come which cant be a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Nugent4nil said:

I dont feel Spenny has been doing it at all yet. Great organiser though. Signs in the last two games he has been getting back to something like himself. McAleenan i agree never stops but his distribution lets him down at times

1 minute ago, Satori. said:

I dont feel Spenny has been doing it at all yet. Great organiser though. Signs in the last two games he has been getting back to something like himself. McAleenan i agree never stops but his distribution lets him down at times

I suppose it goes back to the old saying............. OH player X is great at going past people but his final ball etc, things like that, if they had it all they wouldnt be playing at our grade?

The real stuff starts on Saturday. I think most of the players will come good once they settle in. The 1st half on Saturday showed what we can do, which is be organised and I thought we had the better of it. 2nd half Pollok were able to bring on 2 very good players who changed the game in their favour. Whatever happens with players leaving it sure Chris will be actively looking at other targets. I'm sure he won't be happy with the lack of cutting edge on Saturday as we could of done with the type of player he was and maybe it would of been a different result.

4 hours ago, Satori. said:

Kieran divided opinion at newlandsfield. But I always felt we were a better football team when he played. Never shys away from wanting the ball regardless of how good or bad a game he is having. Unfortunately like any player he can be guilty of giving the ball away, but as others have said never gives up. Also pretty decent at set pieces/PKs. Can play centre mid, left mid or left back. So a good guy to have in your squad. 

Kieran worked hard for us always but got a load of stick from those who felt he could never find a man.Big Walker is very powerful in the air and a real goal threat in the box but gets caught for pace and turned too easily at the back.

A big difference in the team tonight against a team that has given us a few problems in the last few seasons. Some good goals but McKenzies was something special.  Daly made a difference without a doubt and i hope he goes on from here. Well done guys. Looking forward to the league opener at Girvan on Saturday.

Someone commented that we had more crosses into the box in the opening ten minutes than in the 90 against Pollok, it makes a difference when theres a target. One major plus for me was although we stepped off the gas a little after going three up in 8 minutes we did keep chasing goals. Previous Lie sides would have sat back but we kept chasing more, we need to do that because there will be games when chasing till the last minute wins or earns us a point in games. We are nowhere near good enough that we can switch up a gear when we need to we have to play at a tempo and pressure for the whole game.

Archived