Shaun Maloney

Worktheshaft

So Maloney has retired, always struck me as someone who gave his all for Scotland. Scored a wonderful goal against Ireland. Thought it might be worth to start a wee appreciation thread for this quality player.

Whats your favourite Maloney moment?

29 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

So Maloney has retired, always struck me as someone who gave his all for Scotland. Scored a wonderful goal against Ireland. Thought it might be worth to start a wee appreciation thread for this quality player.

Whats your favourite Maloney moment?

He scored a few brilliant goals against Rangers for Celtic, so all of those

His retirement is the best moment, somehow found himself being over rated in a pish era for us. He was far to slow and  must have hit the target in about 2 out of 50 free kicks for us. Too easy pushed off the ball and have no idea how he managed so many caps for a lower than average player.

His goal against Macedonia when he melted in a free-kick for the win was another one for me. His assist for McManus' goal at home v Lithuania was quality too. He'd just been subbed on, immediately ran to receive the short corner, turned and curled a filthy looking cross to the back post where Mick hit it with his thigh into the net. I enjoyed the drama of it more than anything. We were staring at an underwhelming 1-1 draw until then. I guess Faddy's pearler in the same game rather nullifies any memories of the 2nd goal.

Just remembered the time me and my pals saw him bashfully (and with an impressive turn of pace) leave the room of a lassie in our halls of residence about 14 years ago. [emoji3] 

He was probably returning the accounting textbook he had borrowed from her.

Archived