match fixing

I surprised the most people don't see anything wrong with a owner of a club offering a job at a competitor club with an implied job at the first club if he does well. That's unacceptable behaviour that in my opinion that easily calls the game into disrepute. Have Rangers corrupted the game here so much that no one see how unprofessional that is? Not only does the game need to be clean, it needs to be seen to be clean.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were there any games we didn't lie down against Rangers? We lost 6-0 at home to them earlier that season, so actually did better at Ibrox. Maybe we were paid more for the September match?

Anyone indulging in this tripe is either a moron or a fantasist. Did Killie lie down the same day? Or were Celtic just that good? Alan Thompson missed a penalty, was he paid off??

Most impressed by the fact they managed to pay off the 3 or 4 diehard Celtic fans in our starting XI that day.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Were there any games we didn't lie down against Rangers? We lost 6-0 at home to them earlier that season, so actually did better at Ibrox. Maybe we were paid more for the September match?

Anyone indulging in this tripe is either a moron or a fantasist. Did Killie lie down the same day? Or were Celtic just that good? Alan Thompson missed a penalty, was he paid off??

Most impressed by the fact they managed to pay off the 3 or 4 diehard Celtic fans in our starting XI that day.

The whole story if that's all the evidence is a squirrel imo 

Still unprofessional 

It all really depends on what this evidence is that they claim to have. Until you know its daft to either completely believe this story or dismiss it out of hand. I agree with Lord Haw Haw, on the point about offering jobs at a competitor club, that in itself isn't really acceptable.

55 minutes ago, nacho said:

whats suspicious about that? see ffp , res 12, ebt title stripping, new club etc for exactly the same

Nah, you see that's why shite like this is frustrating as well as laughable.

It allows dafties to bracket it all together when it clearly can't be.  The evidence of very clear and serious transgressions in player registration, due to flawed ebt use and accompanying side letters is extremely clear.  It's not even comparable to this drivel, never mind "exactly the same".

Your utterly unthinking stance is easier though, isn't it?

A top investigator has apparently uncovered the dirt on sevcos match fixing and a top award winning journalist is apparently backing this....

I'm sure that when HB P.I logs on tonight he'll tell us more.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It allows dafties to bracket it all together when it clearly can't be.  The evidence of very clear and serious transgressions in player registration, due to flawed ebt use and accompanying side letters is extremely clear.  It's not even comparable to this drivel, never mind "exactly the same".

you continue to seem to think you know better than the three legal experts that looked at ebts for the sfa, you dont, every single daft wee campaign started by the **** has failed because when you look at the evidence there is no proof and that includes the ebt nonsense. you continue posting your smug pish without anything to back it up as you cant seem to grasp the simple truth that your opinion is not fact and that the obvious connection between all those examples is that they are all utter nonsense

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

5 minutes ago, nacho said:

I post utter nonsense

MT is not "going on" about EBTs but player registration.

I surprised the most people don't see anything wrong with a owner of a club offering a job at a competitor club with an implied job at the first club if he does well.

If you go down to the very fundamentals of it then it happened last year when Hearts "loaned" Cowdenbeath Fox.

I agree though, it wasn't something that Pars fans were aware off, it was just one of the utterly mental things that Masterton did though, the c**t.

Dunfermline you big beautiful staunch b*****ds :wub:

CHAIRMAN`S STATEMENT

Tuesday, 8th Aug 2017

Club Chairman, Ross McArthur, would like to make the following statement.

“I am extremely disappointed to have to release the following statement, particularly as the subject matter below has proven to be an unnecessary distraction today on the eve of a very important cup match at Ibrox Stadium tomorrow evening. However, as ever I wish our own supporters to be fully aware of the facts, and put to bed some of the ludicrous accusations that have been put to me today by the wider media.

Like most other SPFL Clubs, we were contacted a couple of weeks ago by a number of supporters asking for our club to make a public statement following the review of the recent Rangers Tax Case. Myself and my fellow Board members took the decision not to do so, as our business practice since taking over the club from the administrators, has always been not to comment on any matters that do not adversely affect Dunfermline Athletic Football Club today. As a club, we still have a lot of bridges to rebuild. However, out of courtesy I believe you should always take the time to respond to someone who has written to our club. Therefore, I liaised with my fellow Board member (and Supporter Liaison Officer), Drew Main and we individually responded to each person who wrote to us. Most of the emails we received were from DAFC supporters, some were not.

In our reply, we tried to be honest as we could and to make the point that we felt it would be entirely hypocritical of us to try and make any mileage by commenting on another Scottish football club, as our own club had itself already brought Scottish football into disrepute, when it went into administration in 2013, and we had to be mindful we were in no position to take the moral high ground. Without spelling that out, clearly if DAFC could not pay its own staff, players, other clubs and HMRC then most reasonable people would understand that you have brought the game into disrepute.

Last week I was then contacted by the SFA, as one of the recipients of the email had clearly not been satisfied with our reply, or was attempting to create an issue, and had asked our governing body to investigate further. I can confirm that the SFA sent me one email, which I fully responded to the same day, explaining that the recipient was either attempting to make mileage in some way, or had taken our reply out of context. There has been no further dialogue between DAFC and the SFA.

I can also confirm that there was never at any time, reference to former managers, other clubs or previous matches – this is totally spurious.

There are a lot of positive things happening in Scottish football, and there a lot of good people within our respective clubs and at our governing bodies who are working very hard to promote and showcase our national game, and it is disappointing that everyone cannot focus their energy into looking forward, rather than trying to constantly undermine the credibility of our game”.

Ross McArthur
Chairman

5 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

According to some of the responses to that tweet . Dundee also lay down to us a week later in the cup final . No wonder we ended up skint with all the bungs we were handing out ffs 

Mental. We were just shite and Duffy was too slow to sub on Novo. 

A lot of people are forgetting that the OF at that time were generally both horsing the opposition home and away, week in, week out. I used to stick a -2 bet on them both pretty much every week. The only surprise about the last day was the Dunfermline actually scored and carried a decent threat early doors. Celtic failed to win the title because Alan Thomson bottled a penalty. Also, didn't MoN try to get Celtic's ballboys down to Rugby Park so they could use a multi-ball system to maximise time available to score as many as possible? They deserved to lose the title for the sheer arrogance of that. 

10 minutes ago, edinabear said:

The level of mental that some Celtic fans can reach is utterly terrifying.

We joke about them being obsessed but ....

Archived