match fixing

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, Ross McCarthur, chairman of the club for 3 years, director before that, has just found evidence at EEP that's been lying around for 14 years(wasn't found when the club went through administration though) and immediately gave it to a Celtic magazine.

That in itself seems more improbable than the match fixing itself, which when you consider would need to involve the 14?players that played that day seems incredibly unlikely.

The suggestion certainly seems to be that there is evidence there which is the important bit, if it really does evidence what they are saying it does (regardless of where that evidence has been for all of these years) then this could be very interesting.

Being potentially true would actually be the least surprising bit of it all. I doubt anyone would be at all surprised.

Is this the game where Dunfermline, having an awful record away at both Rangers and Celtic were unsurprisingly beaten at Ibrox, while Kilmarnock, having a good home record that season, were hammered at home by Celtic? The same time when we equalised and Klos made a great save from Brewster at 2-1 when we looked like we might nick a point? That time when had Alan Thomson not blasted a penalty over the bar Celtic would have won the title? That time? I'm sure our current chairman has all the evidence in a big ring binder and was just waiting for the right moment to send it to a Celtic fan publication. All of that sounds totally plausible.

From my memories of the game we actually played well in spells. There was an awful pass back decision at one point which Rangers got and a dodgy penalty at the end. We also scored a decent goal and nearly got another but for a great stop by Klos. Our record at Ibrox was pretty poor too around that period (as we many teams who went to either CP or Ibrox).

Of course I am rather bias though as I wouldn't want my club participating in anything like this or the thought they might have, although I'm sure there will be Celtic fans out there who are also bias and desperate for some sort of under hand goings on too (the relationship between Murray and GM doesn't rally help tbh). Im sure if the SFA is indeed investigating and evidence has been handed over then something will be coming out very shortly about this.

I do find it strange that the article has specifically stated they have evidence of some sort of corruption (in the developing story article) which is a dangerous thing to do if it isn't true. The other thing mentioned was actual tapes, why would anyone if it was something dodgy between the clubs record them?

The article above posted on here does mention something interesting "One where secret agreements are regularly produced to provide excitement for television audiences.". I might be reading more into this but are they saying people around football are trying to make ways to spice up the game. In fairness it was not too far at the back of the collapse of SPL tv and the sky 5.30 games which impacted our game from a tv revenue perspective. Could referees have been encouraged in games to make them goal friendly/controversial in order to make it a better viewing product? Dodgy pens for example?

Its all pure speculation and in honesty I am not sure I can believe that this Celtic website managed to get the stuff via a club chairman before the authorities but lets see how it unfolds. 

21 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Dunfermilne fans very keen for this not to be a thing.....

Very suspicious..

What a bizarre post.

Are you saying they should want it to be a thing? And why is it suspicious they don't want rumours that if true don't show the club in a good light to be false?

What is more suspicious is people are jumping to conclusions and then believing them without any sort of evidence being produced. Seems like some are desperate for it to be true without any facts laid out or evidence provided which is a tad more suspicious. Until that happens there's not much really else to say on it and i'm open minded to hearing what these guys have got.

Archived