Raith Rovers v Stranraer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Workmanlike performance, barely got out of second gear. Stranraer were not too bad in the first half but looked fucked as soon as we scored our second. Thought Barr was excellent throughout, Buchanan was quiet today though. Special mention for Arron Lennox, that was some save in the first half, got down very quickly to his right and kept it out.

I think it's going to take a month or so for the players to readjust to the different challenges and expectations this league will bring. 3 points in the bag though so onwards and upwards.

14 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Fair play to the Stranraer keeper, ripping the piss out of one of "fifes finest" footsoldiers. The round of applause he received was heartfelt by us all.

"Put your teeth back in" was brilliant from the goalie.:lol:

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Fair play to the Stranraer keeper, ripping the piss out of one of "fifes finest" footsoldiers. The round of applause he received was heartfelt by us all.

That was classic!! His comeback to the guy's attempted abuse was ," put yer teeth in, can't understand a word yer sayin' !!" It was the biggest applause Stranraer got all match.

Raith definitely deserved it but I think 3-0 flattered them a bit.. was a pretty even first half apart from raiths goal which I couldn't really see from where the away fans sit. Second half was poor . Raiths second looked as if the whole defence and Belford went for the same ball and none of them got it. 3rd goal the boy was about 10 yards offside before ball was even played . Hammil is very poor and just runs about like a headless chicken and gets out of position to much and Robertson is well off the boil compared to his form in the past few seasons. The majority of raiths attacks came down his side as he was playing as if he was drunk . Played a little better after the substitutions but by then it was far to late .. will be disappointed if there isn't changes made for Tuesdays game.

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Football really is a funny game.

We worse today( for large parts anyway) than we were last weekend.

Stranraer were better today than Alloa were last weekend( I thought anyway).

Yet we win 3-0 :lol:

I also thought Stranrear looked a better side than Alloa but our starting line-up looked far more balanced and we were far more clinical this week. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Stranraer in the top 4 come the end of season.

Good sign that we are winning 3-0 and still looking far from our best. Can't help but think Buchanan and Spence are too similar. Would like to see court start next week to partner either of them

Lewis Vaughan what a guy. Is that not 7 goals in 5 games now? He is needing to calm down until August 31St is past.

I also thought Stranrear looked a better side than Alloa but our starting line-up looked far more balanced and we were far more clinical this week. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Stranraer in the top 4 come the end of season.
Good sign that we are winning 3-0 and still looking far from our best. Can't help but think Buchanan and Spence are too similar. Would like to see court start next week to partner either of them
Lewis Vaughan what a guy. Is that not 7 goals in 5 games now? He is needing to calm down until August 31St is past.

Aye 7 in his last 5 games.

He'll easily be our top scorer this season if he sticks it out for the whole year anyway.

If he continues in this form, he may well be our top scorer but leave on the 31st [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

IIRC Hardie and McManus had 8 each for the entire previous season.

Osei btw, if this is the pick of the development squad then I'm worried. He seemed to have no idea where he was or what he was doing albeit only on the pitch for 5 minutes or so.

Aye, there's a very good reason he didn't feature much last season. He's some way off the finished article. Young yet, time to learn etc. Finger oot son.

1 hour ago, Toddy said:

"Put your teeth back in" was brilliant from the goalie.:lol:

:lol: It was when he turned round after and mimicking reeling in his fishing rod. Amazing banter, and it's always good to see a player enjoying themselves even when the games not going their way.

First half we struggled and the fans were on the players backs a bit. Once the first goal went in, Stranraer had to commit bodies forward and our pace made it a nightmare for them. Vaughan in particular was brilliant and unlucky to not get a hat-trick. Both Buchanan and Barr were completely selfless with chances they could've taken shots, but instead squared it for Spence and Vaughan (albeit Bobby did have a shot at the end he could have put to Lewi). 

Ryan Wallace probably should've seen red for scything down Callachan. He was completely anonymous. Hamill and Anderson dictated the game for the first half, and Okoh looks a good player who I'd hope we keep tabs on. 

Special mention for Aaron Lennox's wondersave in the first half. If it goes in, it'd be a completely different game which would likely have been similar to last week. Instead, we managed to keep the scores level at that point. 

Really enjoyed the Stranraer 'keeper's interaction too. No problem with the FF boy who I've found to be sound enough when I've spoken to him though.

Lennox's save was McGurn-esque.

Also, fair play to him for coming over to the South to meet a young fan before he started his warm up.

1 hour ago, Le shocolate moose said:

Raith definitely deserved it but I think 3-0 flattered them a bit.. was a pretty even first half apart from raiths goal which I couldn't really see from where the away fans sit. Second half was poor . Raiths second looked as if the whole defence and Belford went for the same ball and none of them got it. 3rd goal the boy was about 10 yards offside before ball was even played . Hammil is very poor and just runs about like a headless chicken and gets out of position to much and Robertson is well off the boil compared to his form in the past few seasons. The majority of raiths attacks came down his side as he was playing as if he was drunk . Played a little better after the substitutions but by then it was far to late .. will be disappointed if there isn't changes made for Tuesdays game.

I think Raith took the foot off the gas after the 3rd(which looked offside by about 2 yards from where we were sitting,like to see  replay) and made us look better when the changes were made.I thought there was little wrong with the performance,personally I thought 19 year old Kyle Turner for us was outstanding,no wonder Aberdeen are interested and Steven Bell also played well.I think Faz has got the team just about right and actuallly thought Raith looked more dangerous than Thistle who we played a couple of weeks ago,looking forward to playing super Ayr next week at Stair Pk.BTW I hope your announcer gets a new PA system did I hear him say they couldn't afford one.:lol:

Ryan Wallace probably should've seen red for scything down Callachan. He was completely anonymous.

Actually agree with this - already thinking he flatters to deceive- Barr should also have seen red for his retaliation a few minutes later. Both lucky boys!

14 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

I think Raith took the foot off the gas after the 3rd(which looked offside by about 2 yards from where we were sitting,like to see  replay) and made us look better when the changes were made.I thought there was little wrong with the performance,personally I thought 19 year old Kyle Turner for us was outstanding,no wonder Aberdeen are interested and Steven Bell also played well.I think Faz has got the team just about right and actuallly thought Raith looked more dangerous than Thistle who we played a couple of weeks ago,looking forward to playing super Ayr next week at Stair Pk.BTW I hope your announcer gets a new PA system did I hear him say they couldn't afford one.:lol:

The presence of the Dysart Brass Band has given the board an idea, every fan is encouraged to bring one of these.........

Image result for ear trumpet

Archived