Queen's Park Vs Albion Rovers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any Rovers team without the Dunlops in it is ripe for the taking!
The Arbroath game was really disappointing after the Betfred matches; forget the result, the performance was particularly bad.  Hopefully the return to Fortress Hampden will gee up the lads, especially the new faces, and we can kick start the season.  I'd be fairly keen to retain last week's team to let them redeem themselves.  Last week notwithstanding, I see us doing well this year.  Where better to start than to scud the Dirties?  

Currently manking our way home to our hovels.

Thought the first 20 minutes were good . Albion in that space of time were poor . When Albion equalized we fell apart . We seem to be changing the team every week . Why was Orr not starting? Taking off Wharton was a mistake unless he was injured. Kevin Green not up to speed yet his positioning is all over the place and teams have obviously watched our previous games as they are playing to our weaknesses.
Really disappointed today crowd at the end were just wanting the game over as it could have been worse .
Hopefully Gus will get a few loans in and sort out the back line .

3 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Embarrassing . Dressing room obviously in turmoil.
Wharton replaced due to one mistake then the defence collapses - nice one Gus.

One mistake? Aye right. I'm with BYOS, let's play him up front and get him as far away from the defence as possible. 

We were OK until we scored. After that it was one of the worst performances I've seen in over 35 years of supporting us. Kevin Green was a fuckin nightmare second half but the midfield shat themselves like. 

The only saving grace was the scoreboards were off so the Rovers fans couldn't take photos of the score and post it here 

Kevin Green produced one of the worst individual performances I've seen from a QP player. Shocking performance. 
Why was Ewan Macpherson starting ?
Why was Thomas Orr a sub? 
Why did did we have 2 full backs playing centre back at the 2nd half ?
We have got to improve massively if we are to stay in this league

Hard to argue with much of that
horrific display [emoji85]
Their number 9 had an absolute field day
Presumably Wharton hooked as culpable at first (?) and second goals but logical replacement would have been Cummins
Sean burns is a wing back and should be nowhere near the back 3
What's happened to Cammy Foy?
Got to give some of these guys time to adjust to this level (remember big mcgeever 's early appearances) but on today's evidence gonna be a long and painful season unless gus does some smart business in the loan market

2 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Hard to argue with much of that
horrific display emoji85.png
Their number 9 had an absolute field day
Presumably Wharton hooked as culpable at first (?) and second goals but logical replacement would have been Cummins
Sean burns is a wing back and should be nowhere near the back 3
What's happened to Cammy Foy?
Got to give some of these guys time to adjust to this level (remember big mcgeever 's early appearances) but on today's evidence gonna be a long and painful season unless gus does some smart business in the loan market

Foys done his knee in, will be out for a long time. Shame, he looked promising last season 

Any Rovers team without the Dunlops in it is ripe for the taking!
The Arbroath game was really disappointing after the Betfred matches; forget the result, the performance was particularly bad.  Hopefully the return to Fortress Hampden will gee up the lads, especially the new faces, and we can kick start the season.  I'd be fairly keen to retain last week's team to let them redeem themselves.  Last week notwithstanding, I see us doing well this year.  Where better to start than to scud the Dirties?  

I laughed so much at this post when I just got in from the pub

Can't say I'm surprised by today's result, I was quite impressed by the attitude of the Rovers players last week even when the scoreline was against them.

5 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

(remember big mcgeever 's early appearances)

Yes, I thought I was the only one at the time to think McGeever's first few appearances were appalling, but he very quickly became the core of the team.

I do think it may take longer than a few games to settle. I'd like to see Cammy Foy back with Gibson and Cummins. Also disappointed to lose Gavin Mitchell.

Albion Rovers  , good to see Trouts continue his good form for you guys , you really have won a watch with him ....enjoy.                                                                                               Queens Park , cheers for Mc geever , he is great.

14 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes, I thought I was the only one at the time to think McGeever's first few appearances were appalling, but he very quickly became the core of the team.

I do think it may take longer than a few games to settle. I'd like to see Cammy Foy back with Gibson and Cummins. Also disappointed to lose Gavin Mitchell.

Yeah Gibson is solid. Does what he is expected to do and usually doesn't f**k about 

14 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Gavin Mitchell away filming new episodes of Still Game ? Hell mend that Ford and Gregs comedy sitcom .....

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

One mistake? Aye right. I'm with BYOS, let's play him up front and get him as far away from the defence as possible. 

10 minutes earlier he got the best applause of the whole day for a series of great tackles --- trouble is when he makes a mistake as the last man it can result in a goal whereas poor performances elsewhere dont !. Knee jerk reaction taking him off at half time imo.

Yes the big man's sadly missed he turned things round from bomb scare to legend
I'd like to be proved wrong but can't see the same thing happening with Kevin Green
Cammy Foy's got a bad knee injury see earlier post in the thread and don't think Gibby's fit either

Archived