Queen's Park Vs Albion Rovers

It's only Monday but I need to get away from Saturday's false start.

One week in and here we are with a bottom-of-the-table derby smasher already. Both teams having a deceptively promising League Cup campaign only to get mugged when the main feature started. So an evenly balanced tie. I read those charming rascals the Dunlop Boys have headed east for the easier life in L2. With our new flying strikeforce this could easily be a runaway 1-0 for the home team. I'm pleased that the squad decided to get all their bad performances out in the one game. Rest of the season should be a dawdle.

Anything better than ninth etc...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe that we can be as bad again on Saturday as we were at Arbroath. It was extreme nothingness of the highest, highest order. We managed to shake off the Rovers hoodoo last season, which was starting to become absolutely ridiculous. This one could go any way. Can't say that any particular result would surprise me. Play like we did in the last three games in the League Cup and we'll stand a good chance of winning the game. Play like we did at Arbroath and it's an away win. 

Any Rovers team without the Dunlops in it is ripe for the taking!

The Arbroath game was really disappointing after the Betfred matches; forget the result, the performance was particularly bad.  Hopefully the return to Fortress Hampden will gee up the lads, especially the new faces, and we can kick start the season.  I'd be fairly keen to retain last week's team to let them redeem themselves.  Last week notwithstanding, I see us doing well this year.  Where better to start than to scud the Dirties?  

3 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

I'm sure Gus's son is a great guy but imo he's not ready to play at this level and hasn't shown anything .
Let's see Orr / McLennan for a wee change .

Have to agree with your first line. Duff looked much more likely last week. Won every ball in the air and good positioning. It'll probably take a wee while to settle we've so many options up front. Or at least so many more than we are used to.

8 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Fair point - last week Ayr were good but our defence was dire. Marr's first game so happy to give him time. Ross Perry had a nightmare- have to say he is slow and cumbersome, fair play the Clyde fans did warn us.

Rovers had a good League cup and played some decent stuff but lost as many goals as we scored. Looking to Trouten and Vitoria to come back and haunt their former club.

The Arbroath game was really disappointing after the Betfred matches; forget the result, the performance was particularly bad.  Hopefully the return to Fortress Hampden will gee up the lads, especially the new faces, and we can kick start the season.  I'd be fairly keen to retain last week's team to let them redeem themselves.  Last week notwithstanding, I see us doing well this year.  Where better to start than to scud the Dirties?  

"The Dirties"..... Take yer Langside Monument and see how far you can shove it. And good luck with your dream move to the West End.

11 hours ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

"The Dirties"..... Take yer Langside Monument and see how far you can shove it. And good luck with your dream move to the West End.

The Langside Monument being used as a local insult marks a new low for attempted patter on P&B.

15 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Have to agree with your first line. Duff looked much more likely last week. Won every ball in the air and good positioning. It'll probably take a wee while to settle we've so many options up front. Or at least so many more than we are used to.

Is Duff not a midfielder? 

MacPherson wouldn't be my first pick but a tad harsh for the other poster to say he hasn't shown anything. He did score a couple of very important goals for us last season 

Is Duff not a midfielder? 
MacPherson wouldn't be my first pick but a tad harsh for the other poster to say he hasn't shown anything. He did score a couple of very important goals for us last season 

According to the OS his position is "plays just off the striker". Confident enough to create his own category.

Of all our new signings Duff was the one I was looking forward to see most, as I'd been told by a Rabs fan that he was arguably the best player in the Juniors last season. Too early to say whether he's the new Messiah (Davie Anderson, Vinnie Berry etc.) but if we're playing Orr as a lone striker then Duff could play a similar supporting role to the one that Shaun Fraser successfully filled for us three seasons ago (although not everyone appeared to rate him as highly as I did).

Kevin Green produced one of the worst individual performances I've seen from a QP player. Shocking performance. 

Why was Ewan Macpherson starting ?

Why was Thomas Orr a sub? 

Why did did we have 2 full backs playing centre back at the 2nd half ?

We have got to improve massively if we are to stay in this league

Archived