Ayr v Forfar

Away end won't be open for Ayr fans as there aren't enough stewards. Club say they asked the council several weeks ago for permission to build a gate in the segregation fence but still waiting for reply.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to find higher gears than we've found in the last 2 games, a forward and centre half should be quickly finding their way onto McCall's "must get" list, wouldn't put him off signing a keeper either.

I have nothing against Forfar or their fans but I hope Gary Boland and his shower of shitshovelers get relegated, more Airdrie than Airdrie

Thought 3-0 was a fair result, didn't look like running riot but didn't look like getting beat either, Forfar are a stuffy team, looked like they were trying to kill the game and didn't threaten much. I thought Mensing was going to be a bombscare but I thought he looked ok, the number 11 looked a decent player and I am still amazed someone pays Jim Lister to play football.

We looked like we struggled with width, Crawford didn't look fit, McGuffie and McDaid weren't used for spells and pretty much everything went up the middle. Probably made sense in hindsight to take Moffat and McDaid off, they have played a lot of football the last few weeks.

Rose or Crawford could've got MoTM today. Crawford edging it because of the goal.

Didn't think we played particularly well but it's a good sign when you can win so comfortably without playing well.

Get some of young boys in for Tuesday so that Moffat, McDaid etc are ready for Stranraer.

We need to find higher gears than we've found in the last 2 games, a forward and centre half should be quickly finding their way onto McCall's "must get" list, wouldn't put him off signing a keeper either.

When we're scoring eight with one in reply we don't really need to find higher gears, yet.

We don't really need a centre half, certainly a striker though - Moffat is wonderful to watch at times

x

11 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Done so a in solid second gear

Exactly what I was  saying as I was walking out of the ground. I'm also not surprised  we took Mcguffie  , Moffat and McDaid, probably right  to give them a rest after the midweek cup   game.

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

When we're scoring eight with one in reply we don't really need to find higher gears, yet.

We don't really need a centre half, certainly a striker though - Moffat is wonderful to watch at times

We're probably better waiting until we aren't scoring freely before we worry about the higher gears, a sound plan.

When I watch the opposition not getting free header after free header then I'll probably agree that we don't need a centre half.

Pretty lethargic performance today, but like last week I'll take a straightforward win when we don't play too well.

Crawford motm by a country mile. Thought McGuffie was starting to come onto a game when he was hooked. I'd have been happier to see McDaid go off. He done very little apart from the goal. Moffat's touch and movement was excellent. Docherty poor again, lost possession far too often.

Forfar looked decent. Had probably the clearest chances in the first half. The number 11 had a really good game. Think they'll be in with a shout of the play-offs.

We're probably better waiting until we aren't scoring freely before we worry about the higher gears, a sound plan.
When I watch the opposition not getting free header after free header then I'll probably agree that we don't need a centre half.

Forfar came to sit in - it's not exactly easy to play free flowing football - we had a hard game midweek too.

Yes thought we were defensively poor from crosses, however I'm sure that can be rectified without bringing in a centre half. Couldn't tell who was constantly losing their man - Reid is also there to bring in as well as Adams being an option in there too.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Forfar came to sit in - it's not exactly easy to play free flowing football - we had a hard game midweek too.

Yes thought we were defensively poor from crosses, however I'm sure that can be rectified without bringing in a centre half. Couldn't tell who was constantly losing their man - Reid is also there to bring in as well as Adams being an option in there too.

Hopefully it's 11 kids that have a hard game this midweek

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have nothing against Forfar or their fans but I hope Gary Boland and his shower of shitshovelers get relegated, more Airdrie than Airdrie

Thought 3-0 was a fair result, didn't look like running riot but didn't look like getting beat either, Forfar are a stuffy team, looked like they were trying to kill the game and didn't threaten much. I thought Mensing was going to be a bombscare but I thought he looked ok, the number 11 looked a decent player and I am still amazed someone pays Jim Lister to play football.

We looked like we struggled with width, Crawford didn't look fit, McGuffie and McDaid weren't used for spells and pretty much everything went up the middle. Probably made sense in hindsight to take Moffat and McDaid off, they have played a lot of football the last few weeks.

You have nothing against Forfar or their fans but you wish them to be relegated and reckon they're more Airdrie than Airdrie..... The Airdrie comment is an insult,  to even compare us to them is bad but to say we're worse than a club who is more Clyde than Clyde. You come across like a Morton fan. They were always putting down the smaller teams in the division because they thought they were too big to be playing us. The fact that Leagues 1 and 2 are full of mainly part time teams says more about how poor Ayr etc are to be down amongst us. You might see yourselves as a big team, which you are, but are such a poor full time lot that you're, at least for this season, in this division while smaller perocial teams are in the Championship and you're not. Show some humility.

Thought the game was fairly even until the mysterious penalty decision. After that, the difference was that Ayr took their chances and we didn't. Had arrived expecting a real doing. Happy with elements of the game. Marc Scott #11 is getting better each week. A bit of composure and we'd have been right back in the game.

32 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

You have nothing against Forfar or their fans but you wish them to be relegated and reckon they're more Airdrie than Airdrie..... The Airdrie comment is an insult,  to even compare us to them is bad but to say we're worse than a club who is more Clyde than Clyde. You come across like a Morton fan. They were always putting down the smaller teams in the division because they thought they were too big to be playing us. The fact that Leagues 1 and 2 are full of mainly part time teams says more about how poor Ayr etc are to be down amongst us. You might see yourselves as a big team, which you are, but are such a poor full time lot that you're, at least for this season, in this division while smaller perocial teams are in the Championship and you're not. Show some humility.

Easy there Foxy

Gary Bolland is an angry arrogant tit who builds teams around the ethos of "gamesmanship" Players like Lister and the number 10, the goalkeeper who managed to waste about 10 min of the first half taking 4 by-kicks and another 5 min having some sort of breakdown after Moore scored, I'm not sure if he was praying or crying, Mensings challenge on Moffat, Lister grabbing the goalkeepers face at a corner, his barge in to Rose, It is these people I hope go down rather than the badge they play under.

Archived