Rutherglen Glencairn 2017-18

glensmad

3 minutes ago, jnr supporter said:

Laughing at the banter i was at the game as someone said Darvel ripped rutherglen apart the first half second half rutherglen were the better team penalty save was the turning point Even though the ref and the lino got it wrong outside the box and in his way down when the challenge was made but we hung on great start for the Darvel strugglers as people have said good luck to glencairn for the rest of the season until they play is again 

We wrastle away no bad pal 

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty fair summary. Our first half defending was a nightmare, much better 2nd half. If Jay scores the penalty It's 3-4 v 10 men with half an hour to go, but instead the penalty save galvanised the Darvel defence.

It might have been a different if the ref hadn't bottled out of a red card for the Darvel goalie for handling outside the box in the first half, but I guess we'll never know.

Never bottled out of it,not a red card as it never stopped a goalscoring opportunity. Same rules for a goalie handling outside the box as it is for a player handling the ball during the game

2 minutes ago, markey27 said:

Never bottled out of it,not a red card as it never stopped a goalscoring opportunity. Same rules for a goalie handling outside the box as it is for a player handling the ball during the game

Must have been one shite penalty if you saved it Davy.

The video will tell about that, if it was not a goal scoring opportunity then why was there a need for you to grab the ball outside the box ? I reckon you grabbed it as soon as you could because you felt that our striker was going to get to it first if you didn't. But hey, it's done. Good penalty save by the way, it won the game for you in my opinion.

See tbf I never even knew your striker was anyway near me,I came out and didn't want to let it bounce after what happened on the 1st goal! Will need to see the video but I did genuinely just totally misjudge postion. Thanks very much,very hard game for us today and can't see many teams beating use at home this season

See tbf I never even knew your striker was anyway near me,I came out and didn't want to let it bounce after what happened on the 1st goal! Will need to see the video but I did genuinely just totally misjudge postion. Thanks very much,very hard game for us today and can't see many teams beating use at home this season

If we defend like we did in the first half we won't win many games.

1 hour ago, markey27 said:

Very diplomatic m8 

25 minutes ago, Hillview said:

What's up with Michael Hardie noticed he's not been involved the last few squads?

He's got a new job and has been working every Saturday for the past few weeks.

We hope he will be fully available again shortly though.

Well done on the highlights I still don't think it was a penalty I think it was a foul outside the box 

It's borderline. The foul starts outside the box, but I think he actually hauls McKay to the ground right on the line, which is classed as inside. Not that it made any difference though as the penalty was saved.

Archived